Club Arnage
June 29, 2024, 04:49:40 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: CA members Guidebook for LM 2006  (Read 53832 times)
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

I'm already here. Where the fluck are you lot?

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: May 25, 2006, 01:57:17 pm »

These shuttles are very hit and miss.  Taking your own car  down to Mulsanne is much less hassle on PQ weekend than during the race.  One year we decided to shuttle off to Mulsanne during the race at about 10 in the evening and the one driver, who had been going back and forth all day for 10 hours without a replacement, just downed tools and the whole thing ground to a halt.  Also, once nearly got stuck out at Mulsanne 'cos there were about 300 people queueing for the last bus.  Only a 6'6" tall 18 stone mate saved the day or we'd have spent the night (have done that too - good bivvie spots on the banking - earplugs for those who don't find the sound of those Vettes as good as a lulabye for putting you to sleep.)

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
Kpy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

I'm a Le Manster

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: May 25, 2006, 02:13:13 pm »

Werner, just a thought - have you included a bike as recommended transport? I always take mine, so I can whizz from Tertre Rouge to Arnage village and Arnage corner via the Esses, the Village and points in between.
That way you can see loads of action and get up to the shops for fresh bread on the Sunday morning. No traffic problems. Smiley
Werner
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #107 on: May 25, 2006, 03:12:25 pm »

Werner, just a thought - have you included a bike as recommended transport? I always take mine, so I can whizz from Tertre Rouge to Arnage village and Arnage corner via the Esses, the Village and points in between.
That way you can see loads of action and get up to the shops for fresh bread on the Sunday morning. No traffic problems. Smiley

Not yet, but a very good idea, I'll add it to the guide Smiley

"… to be honest, I did it purely for the money at first. I went to Le Mans
hoping that the car would break down. I came away in love with the place." - Eddie Irvine
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: May 25, 2006, 05:49:18 pm »

Seen the first confirmation of pit allocation today - unsurprising but Vettes are in 34 & 35 as ever.  Team arrived today.

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
Werner
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #109 on: May 26, 2006, 07:29:25 am »

Seen the first confirmation of pit allocation today - unsurprising but Vettes are in 34 & 35 as ever.  Team arrived today.

Where did you find it? Is there already something on the web about it?

Cheers

Werner

hoping that the car would break down. I came away in love with the place." - Eddie Irvine
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: May 26, 2006, 10:04:33 am »

dailysportscar.com  Some great pics of their crates of gear arriving!

jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: June 02, 2006, 10:23:54 am »

Werner, there aren't any there yet but I assume that they will appear after the test weekend. The ACO page for the cars taking part in the test looks as though they will have photos of all the cars soon.

http://www.lemans.org/24heuresdumans/live/pages/engages_fr.html

Click on the team name and it looks as though it will take you to a photo shortly.

Might help!?
Bob U
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

You're either at Le Mans, or waiting for Le Mans!

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: June 02, 2006, 10:28:22 am »

I get photos when I click the team names. It does take a few seconds to load

There is a corner of a foreign field that will be forever England ------ Houx Annexe

And the bastards have built on it.
jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: June 02, 2006, 11:13:18 am »

Just been back in and yes, some do have photos already, but some don't.

Of those that do, they are last year's cars so DfH for instance will look totally different this year!
LangTall
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Llama's kick ass!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #114 on: June 02, 2006, 11:34:46 am »

This is what the RfH_Dome looks like at the moment:

This film should be played at high volume, so don't come complaining about it! And who the hell is Steve?
Bob U
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

You're either at Le Mans, or waiting for Le Mans!

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: June 02, 2006, 11:54:18 am »

The Joest Audis are R10s but it looks as if the pictures were taken at Sebring.

I had to say the word so thats another quid for Doris

There is a corner of a foreign field that will be forever England ------ Houx Annexe

And the bastards have built on it.
gibberish
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Old Smoothy

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: June 02, 2006, 02:25:20 pm »

I don't get on the forum very much these days, but I just had to say what a brilliant idea this is Werner.  And well done to everyone who is helping.  there isn't anything I can add really.  Just looking froward to the final version  Grin

Reality is an illusion caused by alchohol deficiency!
Werner
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #117 on: June 02, 2006, 08:25:59 pm »

Werner, there aren't any there yet but I assume that they will appear after the test weekend. The ACO page for the cars taking part in the test looks as though they will have photos of all the cars soon.

Click on the team name and it looks as though it will take you to a photo shortly.

Might help!?

JPC, thanks a lot for that hint. But I will not copy photos for the guide from the ACO website. Our guide will be available for download on the internet so I have to keep an eye on copyright issues, I'm not in the mood for a field day with the ACO. But already 2 people offerd to send pics from the test day, so I'm quite optimistic that we will have pictures of all cars for the entry list in the guide.

Cheers

Werner

termietermite
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: June 02, 2006, 11:17:02 pm »

33 out of 50 pics on the way to you. Taken today.

LangTall
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Llama's kick ass!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #119 on: June 02, 2006, 11:23:20 pm »

Might help!?

JPC, thanks a lot for that hint. But I will not copy photos for the guide from the ACO website. Our guide will be available for download on the internet so I have to keep an eye on copyright issues, I'm not in the mood for a field day with the ACO. But already 2 people offerd to send pics from the test day, so I'm quite optimistic that we will have pictures of all cars for the entry list in the guide.

Cheers

Werner

Werner, don't know if you are alreay sorted with the RfH-Dome or not, bt feel free to take a look in our gallery, they are free to use for you as they are made by me and knetter.

http://gallery.drinkingforholland.com/main.php?g2_itemId=24

This film should be played at high volume, so don't come complaining about it! And who the hell is Steve?
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: