Club Arnage
June 24, 2024, 03:20:58 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Le village re-work  (Read 10238 times)
Kpy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

I'm a Le Manster

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 20, 2006, 02:48:01 pm »

KPY, first drawings that I've seen.  As you say much will be complete by 2007, any ideas if there will be "temporary" facilities for food and drink, I guess there must be!  Quite like the look of the restaurant overlooking the curve up to the Dunlop area, I guess that replaces the dust bowl of seating that use to be there.

Will the Poo Bar still be in this area?  Where can a chap get a chip baquette, kebab and bottle of poo!!
The ACO says the Village - minus the Welcome Center, whatever that is, will be ready for this year's race.
The area to the north of the new permanent Village buildings is reserved for food/drink and sales stands. No reason to think that there won't be a Poo Bar - all the catering, apart from the  restos at the paddock end of the old Village (ie the good ones),  is sub-contracted to a big outside caterer. They operated the old Poo Bar.
Barry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Kick out the jams, motherf*ckers!

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 07, 2006, 12:14:23 pm »

Latest photos on the ACO website show that they have pulled their digits out.
Landscaping being done , roads going in, gravel put down.
Obviously not Aussie contractors.
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 07, 2006, 12:31:20 pm »

With respect Barry, I think Multiplex could have done better with one arm tied behind it's back. OK, yes, the track looks more or less done, and absolute rubbish it is too! There's one photo of the tractor grading the kitty litter at the Dunlop chicane. It's like a scene from the prairies of Canada. The tribune looks about a mile away in the distance.

Also the new tunnel looks spiffing on the surface, but pedestrians will be walking on the raised paths and that handrail doesn't look very strong, so expect some broken bones. Oh and there's one shot which shows the tarmac is less than an inch thick...

With regard to the Village, words fail me. The Moto 24hrs is in a few weeks and there's nothing but a ruddy great mess. It would have looked no worse if the UXB had exploded. I can't imagine the lovely new building will be ready for June, unless they are total lash-ups. And God forbid that any Frenchman be allowed to work for longer than 35 hours a week...

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
Barry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Kick out the jams, motherf*ckers!

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 07, 2006, 12:51:44 pm »

As Kpy says, new welcome/restaurant building not due till 2007.
As most of the facilities I use are of  tempoary nature, ie poo bar, bars, food outlets, I don't think there will be to much of a problem for June, as it looks like the areas for them are going in now.

Steve Pyro
Houx Annexe veteran
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

I see you Baby, shaking your Ass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: April 07, 2006, 01:29:20 pm »

Having looked at the lastest villages photos, most of the new buildings look to be prefabed galvanised steel / precast concrete construction.  This type of building can be erected and fitted out in a jiffy.

There appears to be a fair bit of new landscaping going on, with young tree planting and hard landscaping being carried out.

Steve East Anglian cobras

Ferrari Spider
« Reply #35 on: April 07, 2006, 01:51:59 pm »

Having looked at the lastest villages photos, most of the new buildings look to be prefabed galvanised steel / precast concrete construction.  This type of building can be erected and fitted out in a jiffy.

There appears to be a fair bit of new landscaping going on, with young tree planting and hard landscaping being carried out.

Steve, is there a Charlie Dymock trying to get out there Cool  Doesn't seem much alteration around the ACO welcome centre, the roads look the same layout, nice fresh granite chippings, just waiting for 1,000,000 smashed green bottles dropping from the wall Grin

The new buildings that back onto the track look quite nice, I wonder if the pompier bar will be reinstalled. Grin
Lorry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I won't join any club that'll have me as a member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: April 07, 2006, 02:24:36 pm »

This is just the usual chaos.  None of it ever looked finished, and I'm tired of lectures about air bubbles in the concrete and exposed Re bar, and how it would all be condemned in the UK.

If necessary they'll tie together some pallets to make the poo bar

GENTLEMEN  -  Start your livers

For and on behalf of the Kent Kronenberg Owners Club
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: