Club Arnage
September 28, 2024, 11:59:05 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: First time on HA  (Read 48695 times)
Ferrari Spider
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2006, 11:05:54 pm »

Its all good fun, t'aint it Del!!!

Hoping to have a few beers, probably the same as last year.  Like to keep a clear head so I can go out around the circuit especially at night and enjoy the atmosphere.  Can't see much point going all that way and get bladdered and make a pratt of myself.

See you soon Del.

Do you think it is time for WHO, WHEN, WHERE.  To be resurrected?
« Last Edit: March 14, 2006, 11:08:26 pm by Ferrari Spider » Logged
MIKE C (Liverpool Boys)
CA Veteran

How f---ing fast was That!!! Time for a Low Flyer!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2006, 11:29:16 pm »

I seem too sence some friendly banter about which of the two sites is best. Them being MB were I stayed last year with the Liverpool Boys, and across the road From JPC, and the best Floor show I had seen for years being DFH, And the Chooper Fly Past, Took me back to 1969 when I had a Mk1 version(Thank you Mr Toad and the Lads). So as some one with no pre-conceptions about HA I am just looking forward to being at LM and having a laugh where ever I am. Even if it does take me a week and a new sand pit for kid when I get home, to clean out the camper. At the end of the day you will sleep anywhere after 12 pints of Stella.

Roll on June and the lush grass of BN!!!
rcutler
« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2006, 11:35:00 pm »

We were just between you and DFH in the motorhome across the road, we have been allowed to leave a lot of the LM gear inside!!! Cleaning out wasn't too bad, But then MB doesn't have a dust problem like Houx Annexxe. I would get a flycurtain for the doorway otherwise you could be sweeping dust out for the next year. (or just keep the door shut).
MIKE C (Liverpool Boys)
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2006, 11:41:55 pm »

Thanks for the tip, I will put the full awning up this year, so it should help keep the dust down.

jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2006, 02:19:07 am »

Hi Mike

Wherever you park your motorhome, you'll have a great time.  Smiley I think every campsite has it's own atmosphere, but although they are all different, they are all also special in their own way! And wherever you stay, make sure you call by Team JPC on MB. As we said last year, any friends of the Liverpool Boys is a frined of ours!!!  Cheesy
rcutler
« Reply #20 on: March 15, 2006, 11:30:21 am »

Hi Mike

Wherever you park your motorhome, you'll have a great time.  Smiley I think every campsite has it's own atmosphere, but although they are all different, they are all also special in their own way! And wherever you stay, make sure you call by Team JPC on MB. As we said last year, any friends of the Liverpool Boys is a frined of ours!!!  Cheesy

What are these JP???
jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2006, 12:05:08 pm »

Hi Mike

What are these JP???

They are like friends, but staying on a different campsite  Wink
Ferrari Spider
« Reply #22 on: March 15, 2006, 12:14:04 pm »

frined is just the posh way of saying friend.  You'll find that in the upper circles this how they speak, its like a code and keeps the riff raff away. Shocked
Bob U
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

You're either at Le Mans, or waiting for Le Mans!

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 15, 2006, 12:21:21 pm »

Either that or JPC have gone Aussie

There is a corner of a foreign field that will be forever England ------ Houx Annexe

And the bastards have built on it.
Robspot
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 15, 2006, 12:25:43 pm »

frined is just the posh way of saying friend.  You'll find that in the upper circles this how they speak, its like a code and keeps the riff raff away. Shocked

Reminds me of a programme I saw at the weekend, some sort of quiz show called 8 out of 10 Cats or something like that with Jimmy Carr.

Anyway Les Dennis was on it and he was moaning that people come up to him in Asda and ask if he's Les Dennis and when he says yes they don't believe him and why would he be shopping in Asda. He said "What do they think there is some sort of celebrity Asda where all the stars shop?"

Sean Lock replied "There is, you just haven't been invited." Pi55ed myself.

I always stay too long. Long enough for something to go wrong
DelBoy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

---TDR---

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 15, 2006, 03:44:39 pm »

Wherever you park your motorhome, you'll have a great time. 

Didn't the ACO blurb state that all motorhomes/RVs etc were being herded onto a particular camp site?

Can't put my hands on the documents at the moment, but will look them out tonight.

Del

Team Delboy Racing
rcutler
« Reply #26 on: March 15, 2006, 04:00:40 pm »

Wherever you park your motorhome, you'll have a great time. 

Didn't the ACO blurb state that all motorhomes/RVs etc were being herded onto a particular camp site?

Can't put my hands on the documents at the moment, but will look them out tonight.

Del

They wont stop us this year. We are not going to be polite and speak French to them.

I think it has said that on the tickets for years though. So I wouldn't worry
MIKE C (Liverpool Boys)
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 15, 2006, 04:24:57 pm »

I'm with you Rick, nobody said a word last year on MB. This year we have 2 passes, so if you go by what they say we are intitled to, is an area of 14m x 10m. That is well enough room for my motor home and my mates car. We can only see what daft ideas they have this year, it all adds to the fun.

Robspot
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 15, 2006, 04:29:37 pm »

Alas my friend, if that were so.

2 pitches 7x5 would give you 14x5 or 7x10

I always stay too long. Long enough for something to go wrong
Ferrari Spider
« Reply #29 on: March 15, 2006, 04:55:48 pm »

I just wish I took some pics of the ACO officials measuring and white lining the 7 x 5 metre pitches last year on MB.  To begin with the gravel run offs were done, and then some of the grassy bits, obviously not many campers at this point as it was Monday morning. 

Eventually they arrived near us, Team JPC and DfH etc, just mesmerising as they spoke with Gazza who was asking Pitbull  if he could speak French. 

By this time they had given up attempting the pitch marking, too bigger a site and they had four officials and one measuring tape.  Trying to find out how many needed to pay the additional camping charge, Gazza and Mark sorted it Grin
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: