Club Arnage
June 26, 2024, 08:14:59 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: First time on HA  (Read 47014 times)
MIKE C (Liverpool Boys)
CA Veteran

How f---ing fast was That!!! Time for a Low Flyer!

View Profile
« on: March 13, 2006, 03:48:44 pm »

We came to Le Mans for the first time last year, and stayed with the Liverpool Boys on MB. This year I could only get passes for HA, Which is fine, and we are looking forward to it. I would like some advice on HA as I have a mobile home. eg what is the water supply like, and is the bog the same as MB last year, or do I need a bigger stick to beat it down with. Any other advice would be appreciated.
Thanks Mike

Roll on June and the lush grass of BN!!!
Nordic
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2006, 04:04:59 pm »

Welcome to the Club Arnage - Houx Annexe Chapter.

There are 3 loo/shower blocks kept to the same standard as elsewhere so your current stick should work fine.

There are standpipes scattered around the site.

Access to the hypermarket is only a short drive up to terte rouge hang a left and your onto the main road towards the Carrefour.

Its a short 10 min walk to terte rouge, or up to the access point by the Dunlop Bridge.

Forgot to say, if dry it will get very dusty.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2006, 04:07:08 pm by Nordic » Logged

Some people will tell you that slow is good - and it may be, on some days - but I am here to tell you that fast is better.
H S Thompson 1937 - 2005
rcutler
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2006, 09:09:32 pm »

Also don't pitch too low down in the field. In 1998 it flooded, but there was a helll of a lot of rain in just two hours. There are plenty of pitches on higher ground. Make sure you are not too far from a standpipe as I take it you will run out of water from time to time, so get there earlier to guarantee. It is probably my second favorite site as it still has an atmosphere a bit more wild then MB but it benifits on being close to Tertre Rouge and the Carrefor in LM. Plus the Tertre Rouge Bar.!!!!
MIKE C (Liverpool Boys)
CA Veteran

How f---ing fast was That!!! Time for a Low Flyer!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2006, 11:25:34 am »

Thanks for the advice guys. It all helps, as this is only my 2nd year at LM, hopfully the 2nd of many for me. I will try to get to the Poo Bar this year and meet a few of you. I Should have gone last year, With the Liverpool Boys.
Thanks again,
 MIKE
« Last Edit: March 14, 2006, 11:27:56 am by MIKE C » Logged

Roll on June and the lush grass of BN!!!
Bob U
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

You're either at Le Mans, or waiting for Le Mans!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2006, 12:22:22 pm »

Hi Mike. I look forward to meeting you on HA. You will find that Steve Brown, Perdu and myself will usually be situated in the more refined area of HA, dusty, but definately more refined. Well we like to think so anyway.
 Look out for the CA flags and join us for a beer and our Friday night firework display.

There is a corner of a foreign field that will be forever England ------ Houx Annexe

And the bastards have built on it.
Ferrari Spider
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2006, 12:28:08 pm »

Hi Mike. I look forward to meeting you on HA. You will find that Steve Brown, Perdu and myself will usually be situated in the more refined area of HA, dusty, but definately more refined. Well we like to think so anyway.
 Look out for the CA flags and join us for a beer and our Friday night firework display.

Without wishing to "colour" the view, I seem to remember this being discussed before.  How on earth can you describe HA refined or the people that camp there REFINED. 

If you're looking for elegance and refinement there is only one place to be and that is MB.  This is born out by that most of the CA clan will be at MB irrespective where they may be camping because of our hospitality, bon vive, and overall style.

Why on earth would you want to camp near a ditch and out in the open without shade?

I'll be round for my normal libation in the Fiat, is that is still okay Steve Grin
« Last Edit: March 14, 2006, 12:43:29 pm by Ferrari Spider » Logged
Bob U
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

You're either at Le Mans, or waiting for Le Mans!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2006, 01:04:57 pm »

Peter.  I am not saying that HA in general is more refined than MB, only our small part of it. We are creatures of habit and have always camped there. We consider ourselves an outpost of the CA empire and  we try to bring a little of our brand of culture to the rest of the sight.

Think of it as missionary work if you will and remember the stirling work done by early British explorers in introducing christianity to parts of darkest Africa.

You are welcome to don pith helmit and safari suit and visit us while we are persuing  this worthwile cause.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2006, 01:21:15 pm by BOB U » Logged

There is a corner of a foreign field that will be forever England ------ Houx Annexe

And the bastards have built on it.
Ruscool

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2006, 01:14:27 pm »

@ Mike C

Welcome to Club Arnage, I'm a relitive newbie to the site myself but quickly becoming a LeMans verteran.

I've no experience of HA but Hi all the same hope to see you at the "poo bar".

Rus
Ferrari Spider
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2006, 01:41:54 pm »

Bob, I've seen the campsite Grin, refined my a**e Grin

While we are on the subject of positioning Missionary work!  How about educating the locals to English as a form of everyday communication.

Don't get me started on what US Europeans have done in enlightening races to the error of their ways!!

Hope your stay is as comfortable as possible on Refined HA among all those old Yankee bangers Grin
Piglet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2006, 09:31:09 pm »

LOL @ you lot!!!  Grin

I have to agree with my learned colleague Mr Spider - MB is of course the most refined of all refined places and is the only place to be seen at LM (in ones CA tshirt of course  Grin)

One is already planning ones menu for the event.......
DelBoy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

---TDR---

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2006, 09:58:44 pm »

LOL @ you lot!!!  Grin

I have to agree with my learned colleague Mr Spider - MB is of course the most refined of all refined places and is the only place to be seen at LM (in ones CA tshirt of course  Grin)

Used to be Piglet, but this year we have an invasion of Bretheren from KN who may alter the standards.

(Sorry Rusty, only joking)

Del

Team Delboy Racing
Lorry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I won't join any club that'll have me as a member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2006, 10:13:32 pm »

As a MB veteran, I don't think that even the Brethren could come up with anything to lower the standards, but will add to the character and colour of the place

GENTLEMEN  -  Start your livers

For and on behalf of the Kent Kronenberg Owners Club
Ferrari Spider
« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2006, 10:17:15 pm »

LOL @ you lot!!!  Grin

Used to be Piglet, but this year we have an invasion of Bretheren from KN who may alter the standards.

(Sorry Rusty, only joking)

Del

Now Now Del, Rusty and the Tribe are coming over for a looksee so we should welcome them with open arms and ensure they have an agreeable stay.  Otherwise they'll be heading back to KN.

Any ideas how close they will camping to us?  Assuming you will be using part of the DfH/Team JPC ranch area Grin
rcutler
« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2006, 10:39:09 pm »

I said to Rusty a few weeks ago that I would keep him space so I guess he will be near by. Was he interested in the generator??
DelBoy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

---TDR---

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2006, 10:42:40 pm »

Any ideas how close they will camping to us?  Assuming you will be using part of the DfH/Team JPC ranch area Grin

As I said, Peter, only joking.

Yes, I hope to be in the 'Platinum Triangle' (Smokie has the 'Golden Triangle), more or less where we were last year.  

BTW, glad you are up and about again, and if you are unable to partake of any alcoholic refreshment, it is better than the alternative.  What are you going to do with all the money you are saving??

Del

Team Delboy Racing
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: