Club Arnage
September 28, 2024, 11:25:53 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Turn 10- the Movie  (Read 14026 times)
suthvid

View Profile WWW
« on: March 11, 2006, 05:25:31 am »

Many of you have seen bits and pieces of my Turn 10 video project in the past, and I've just created a new page on my site where I've posted the latest version. I'll update it as the project continues, but this is it till sometime after this year's race. There's lots more to come...

www.svpweb.com/turn10.html

Hope to see some of you Saturday night, work commitments will keep me way north of Sebring till late in the day.

John
amazing 1
Uncle Pervy Welshman
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Male Underwear Super Model Two BEERS Please

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2006, 05:36:26 am »

How cooolll is that?

John cant wait to see you.
Keep in touch by cell Sat.so I can know when you are arriving.

TURN 10 "YOUR SPOT IN THE SUN"

GO SHANE GO!!!

GO TEAM IMPALA GO !!!
suthvid

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2006, 05:44:40 am »

Randy,

Will do, my plane gets into Orlando about 5:15, so I should see you around 8 PM I hope.  I'm going to try and send John some stuff tomorrow for Monday AM delivery. When are you leaving St, Pete?

John
Canada Phil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

The Moose

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2006, 05:55:24 am »

Many of you have seen bits and pieces of my Turn 10 video project in the past, and I've just created a new page on my site where I've posted the latest version. I'll update it as the project continues, but this is it till sometime after this year's race. There's lots more to come...

www.svpweb.com/turn10.html

Hope to see some of you Saturday night, work commitments will keep me way north of Sebring till late in the day.

John
Hi John, so you could not stay away after all Grin
Better late than never Tongue do you still want that interview Huh I will be half in the bag by the time you get there eh! Grin
Canada Phil
suthvid

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2006, 06:13:00 am »

Phil,

Only half?! That could be a good interview!

Looking forward to seeing you. I know you don't have hi-speed (although the movie will download eventually...) I'l try and bring a few DVDs.I was giving my client a hard time today about moving their event up to the 18th (although no mention of my REAL motive!), I may be forced to begging them not to do it again next year. Its really killing me not to ba able to get there Thursday or Friday. Oh well, an evening at Sebring is better than most days elsewhere, right?

John
Robspot
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2006, 09:17:22 am »

That is way cool. You Turn 10 guys rock!

I think I may have to murder my wife next year and come anyway. I see Randy on the video, are any other CA members in it?

I always stay too long. Long enough for something to go wrong
jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2006, 10:54:15 am »

That is way cool. You Turn 10 guys rock!

I think I may have to murder my wife next year and come anyway. I see Randy on the video, are any other CA members in it?

I am!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Grin

As are, Jupiter John, Lee Self, Greg. Smokie and Steve Brown are there as well.
Steve Pyro
Houx Annexe veteran
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

I see you Baby, shaking your Ass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2006, 10:56:06 am »

I see Randy on the video, are any other CA members in it?

A couple of screen grabs of the video -

JPC playing Lee Self at Schnapps Chequers (Jupiter John on the left, back of Lee's head , JPC)

* Turn 10 vid grab 03.JPG (11.54 KB, 320x228 - viewed 333 times.)

* Turn 10 vid grab 02.JPG (17.35 KB, 320x228 - viewed 267 times.)
« Last Edit: March 11, 2006, 02:27:23 pm by Steve Brown » Logged

Steve East Anglian cobras

Steve Pyro
Houx Annexe veteran
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

I see you Baby, shaking your Ass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2006, 10:58:20 am »

One more,

Smokie in shorts / dark top - - - me myself and I in white hat / dark top / bottle of beer

* Turn 10 vid grab 01.JPG (16.18 KB, 320x223 - viewed 334 times.)
« Last Edit: March 11, 2006, 02:28:58 pm by Steve Brown » Logged

Steve East Anglian cobras

suthvid

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2006, 02:19:42 pm »

If you find yourself in the video, could you please contact me? Technicallly speaking, I need your permission to use your "image" in the video. I have release forms I can email for you to sign, unless of course you don't want to be seen hanging around the likes of all those turn 10 folks, like you all told your families you'd be attending a medical conference in Atlanta as it was required by your employer so naturally you couldn't visit the in-laws that weekend... 

Smokie, I think you will have a small speaking role in a later version of the video, and I interviewed another CA person (? - I need to check my notes) at PLM.  I found the Club Arnage connection to be one more example of the "wide area network" that happens with racing in general and Turn 10 specifically. Pretty damn cool.

For those of you that haven't heard how this all got started.... essentially I wandered into the Turn 10 camp at Randy's invitation intending to shoot some wonderful race cars and hang out for the day, but what I found was a great story, that as a filmmaker and race fan I feel compelled to tell. I am a passionate road racing fan, and as you can probably tell from what you've seen already, this is not a "60 Minute" expose' on the dirty under belly of american sports car racing. I'm sure the finished version will be somethiing that we can all be proud of and I really appreciate all the encouragement and support you all have given.

John

amazing 1
Uncle Pervy Welshman
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Male Underwear Super Model Two BEERS Please

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2006, 02:21:17 pm »

Randy,

Will do, my plane gets into Orlando about 5:15, so I should see you around 8 PM I hope.  I'm going to try and send John some stuff tomorrow for Monday AM delivery. When are you leaving St, Pete?

John

I am leaving for the track Tues.Morning.

TURN 10 "YOUR SPOT IN THE SUN"

GO SHANE GO!!!

GO TEAM IMPALA GO !!!
smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2006, 03:22:00 pm »

Smokie, I think you will have a small speaking role in a later version

Small parts are my specialty...  Roll Eyes

Great video...
Lee Self
CA Veteran

Almost time for Sebring...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2006, 03:58:00 pm »

Smokie, I think you will have a small speaking role in a later version of the video, and I interviewed another CA person (? - I need to check my notes) at PLM. 

John, I'm pretty sure you interviewed Chris at PLM. He was there with his dad. They went to the Hockey game friday.  C'mon Chris was it you? fess up.

-Lee

suthvid

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2006, 04:12:31 pm »

Yes, it was Chris. I also talked to Scott at PLM, who I'm sure will show up at turn 10.  In the box I'm sending Jupiter John, I'll include a bunch of release forms. I also need to get those drivers too, so Lee if you know how to contact them I have to at least give that a try.  Do any Turn 10 folk have a video iPod? I could make a pod movie and we could show the drivers what we were using it for, or maybe hand them a DVD. Race weekend may be kind of busy for those guys, although they usually sign autographs.  hmmm.... naw, that wouldn't be right!

Obviuosly the most critical drivers are those for Team Impala. I think they're giving free rides in the car again this year, maybe we can strap a lipstick cam on the front wing element and get a flying lap around Sebring.

John
Piglet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2006, 05:15:40 pm »

That guys, is just fantastic  Grin

Still I'll be at Brands Hatch next Sunday - I'm sure that makes you as jealous of me as I'll be of you  Roll Eyes
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: