Club Arnage
September 29, 2024, 12:24:59 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Did anyone take a helicopter flight last year  (Read 6660 times)
jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« on: March 07, 2006, 11:22:00 am »

Did any do the helicopter flight over the circuit last year? If so did they get any pictures of Maison Blanche. Wondered if we had any pictures available of the various encampments and signs?
BigH
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

They've lumps of it round the back.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2006, 11:34:57 am »

Did any do the helicopter flight over the circuit last year?

JPC, I very nearly did. A friend of ours, who is a big supplier to Audi in NZ, came over for the race on the 'Audi Hospitality' ticket, - a nice number if you can get it. Anyway, him and his mate decided on Sunday morning they were going to go into Paris for a look around, and they had two complimentary tickets for the Audi sponsored helicopter ride. He first checked with the girl on the Audi desk that it would be ok to pass these tickets onto me and one of the lads, handed them over and shot off to Paris. Dave and I went along to the pick up point, and I have to say here and now that I have never been so rudely addressed by anyone in my life than I was by the Audi team. The chief guy seemed to take the greatest pleasure in being the most insulting obnoxious twat I have ever come across at LM (totally unprovoked I have to say). Needless to say we didn't get the chopper ride, and needless to say neither Dave nor I would ever buy an Audi. (This years money went to Subaru, so you can stick that up your ar*se, Audi)
H

Always with the negative waves Moriarty, always with the negative waves...
Paddy_NL
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Bleu Nord hooligan =)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2006, 12:08:13 pm »

Riert and Swans from our team did the helicopter flight, but never got near enough to take a proper shot of Maison Blanche. Apparently Swans video'd the whole trip and has MB on zoom, but he said the piece of film was all rather shaken and very brief Undecided

Paddy's 2009: Spa LMS • NBR 24 • Le Mans 24 • Spa24NBR LMSSilverstone LMS =(

Drinking for Holland
Mr. Rick
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Mulsanne on a sunny June Sunday; it's a hard life!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2006, 04:18:49 pm »

Ooh, forgotten about the heli flights!

Given that it's my 25th year this year, need to mark it with something a bit spesh so this might just do the job ... can anyone vouch for the enjoyment factor?

Grin
Paddy_NL
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Bleu Nord hooligan =)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2006, 05:29:08 pm »

can anyone vouch for the enjoyment factor?
I did a Silverstone roundtrip by helicopter back in '03, I think any circuit looks great from a helicopter Cool

Drinking for Holland
Kpy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

I'm a Le Manster

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2006, 05:43:04 pm »

The chief guy seemed to take the greatest pleasure in being the most insulting obnoxious tw**t I have ever come across at LM (totally unprovoked I have to say). Needless to say we didn't get the chopper ride, and needless to say neither Dave nor I would ever buy an Audi. (This years money went to Subaru, so you can stick that up your ar*se, Audi)
H

That's a shame H, only because in 1997 I found a great deal for a week in a hotel near LM including travel, entry & parking tickets and a barbie with unlimited booze at the circuit, for a couple of hundred quid a head - was in the small ads in Autosport before ebay got going. One of the fellow guests was a guy called Smith or Brown, who turned out to be Managing Director of Audi UK. He'd turned down all VIP invitations just so he could see the race as one of the lads. You couldn't meet a nicer more modest guy.
Just shows what happens when you let the PR c@nts loose.
Take care leaving the pub  Smiley
Fran
The Wise One
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I'm a CA Goddess!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2006, 09:58:48 pm »

I finally got round to a heli flight in 2004 (so no assistance as far as pics of MB 05 goes) but I would certainly recommend it.   

Seems like no matter how often you go, there is still something that you havent done yet - so you have to go just one more time....!  Grin
redstu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Buuuuurp!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2006, 11:18:51 pm »

I'm planning on a trip this year, thinking of about 5 -6 pm Saturday when most of the cars should still be on the track and the light should be good.
Anyone know what the queus are like?

Barry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Kick out the jams, motherf*ckers!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2006, 11:36:54 pm »

Anyone know what the queus are like?

Fairly certain that you can book your flight, remember Radio LM publicising a phone number. Not sure whether you can turn up on speck.
Paddy_NL
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Bleu Nord hooligan =)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2006, 11:48:17 pm »

here's MB completely deserted  Cry

http://francefromtheair.free.fr/affichage2.php?img=555

Drinking for Holland
Ferrari Spider
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2006, 12:20:44 am »

If you look closely you can just about make out the 7X5 pitches Roll Eyes
knetter
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Burn mother...... burn!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2006, 05:01:46 pm »

Ahhh yes, you can still see the white lines in that run-off area  Grin

I have given up on being on facebook and myspace, I kept mixing them up and invited people to come on Myface!
hgb
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

You don't win Le Mans - you outlast it.

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2006, 09:57:29 pm »

Thought about this last year, maybe doing it this year. Any more info appreciated from my end.

I don't care - I'm a racing driver and I'm here to win, not to finish third.
jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2006, 08:36:26 am »

As far as the flights are concerned, I believe they are about €75/€80.

Don't book them through the tour operators (MRI etc) who charge you £100  Shocked
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2006, 05:35:34 pm »

Did any do the helicopter flight over the circuit last year?

JPC, I very nearly did. A friend of ours, who is a big supplier to Audi in NZ, came over for the race on the 'Audi Hospitality' ticket, - a nice number if you can get it. Anyway, him and his mate decided on Sunday morning they were going to go into Paris for a look around, and they had two complimentary tickets for the Audi sponsored helicopter ride. He first checked with the girl on the Audi desk that it would be ok to pass these tickets onto me and one of the lads, handed them over and shot off to Paris. Dave and I went along to the pick up point, and I have to say here and now that I have never been so rudely addressed by anyone in my life than I was by the Audi team. The chief guy seemed to take the greatest pleasure in being the most insulting obnoxious tw**t I have ever come across at LM (totally unprovoked I have to say). Needless to say we didn't get the chopper ride, and needless to say neither Dave nor I would ever buy an Audi. (This years money went to Subaru, so you can stick that up your ar*se, Audi)
H

We had a similar experience with Audi at the Go-Kart track in 2001 when we were camped on Karting Nord. Having to suffer the noisy little feckers whizzing round the track night and day we reckonned we ought to have a go at karting too. On venturing over to the track we were told by a very rude Audi PR twat that the track was not open to the public as Audi had booked it up for three consecutive days for corporate entertainment purposes. Of course I pointed out that I considered this to be a somewhat greedy and ill-mannered stunt on behalf of Audi but that were they to allow us in we'd behave ourselves.

Despite my very reasonable offer, I was advised that if I knew what was good for me I should clear off post-haste before they had me ejected from the curcuit. I pointed out the Karting track wasn't actually in the curcuit, and being under the influence of strong drink, I invited him to go f*ck himself in pretty unequivocal terms. On reflection I simply couldn't understand his stance. I admit we were looking a bit dishevelled, 2001 was the wet year to end all wet years,  I was wearing a knee-length yellow rain poncho which had some sick down the back of it, oh and a blond frizzy wig for some reason, but even so I still can't see what harm it would have done to let us in. We hung around outside the gate for a bit and gratuitously insulted a coachload of Audi dealers from Dortmund with some internationally recognised hand gestures. I  too vowed never to buy an Audi and I never have.

Harry, my money (again) went to Subaru this year. Trust you've got a turbo model? Great traction eh? But if you manage to work out why it's deemed necessary to have a "Bright" switch that size, do let me know.

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: