Club Arnage
September 20, 2024, 05:47:36 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ticket dilemma  (Read 9440 times)
Snoring Rhino
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2006, 03:52:43 pm »

I think you must have dreamt it or think its a good idea yourself

I remember that!
What a dream? (I never admit to the ones I can remember - or the the soggy underware Shocked) or copying camping passes?
Elvisisalive

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2006, 04:48:32 pm »

Hi,

I bought a pass for Le mans last year from e***.

I couldn't get one from the ACO as I left it too late.

Although I paid over the odds for it at least I got to go to Le Mans.

I know you feel that the people selling them are out of order but at least they are providing a service.

I read on this site a couple of years ago that a good way to ensure you get on the site was to colour photocopy a genuine pass.

Who is worse?  The people selling tickets or the people photocopying them?

This is the first I have herd of anybody here either proposing to or condoning the copying of camping tickets! You only have to look at the efforts people are going to legitimately buy tickets as the point in case - I think you must have dreamt it or think its a good idea yourself - bog off.

What a warm welcome!

Honestly though, I am not imagining this.
Abs
CA Veteran

Boys at TVR do it again!

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2006, 05:08:43 pm »

Hi,

I know you feel that the people selling them are out of order but at least they are providing a service.

I read on this site a couple of years ago that a good way to ensure you get on the site was to colour photocopy a genuine pass.

This is the first I have herd of anybody here either proposing to or condoning the copying of camping tickets! You only have to look at the efforts people are going to legitimately buy tickets as the point in case - I think you must have dreamt it or think its a good idea yourself - bog off.

Nice response  Undecided , I remember this also. It may well have been on the old board but there you go.

Any married man should forget his mistakes. There's no use in two people
remembering the same thing
Elvisisalive

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2006, 05:10:58 pm »

Thanks  Grin

I knew I wasn't going mad!
Nordic
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2006, 05:16:57 pm »

The ticket agencys reserve and maybe even pay years in advance, Just Tickets is the largest single agency I believe. I am pretty certain they don't sell them on ebay, if the ACO found out then I am sure they would not be supplied again.

The group I arrange for like know that the tickets are in the bag, we have been burned by the ACO in the past we know we do pay over the odds via agents, buts its still good value compare to other events like the BGP etc.

It was not that long ago that it was possible to buy the tickets at the gate for the main Houx site, mid 90's I think was the last time we did it, maybe they should not sell any in advance, it worked then and the crowds where bigger, at least in the Jag years!

Some people will tell you that slow is good - and it may be, on some days - but I am here to tell you that fast is better.
H S Thompson 1937 - 2005
Elvisisalive

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 23, 2006, 05:27:25 pm »

Low supply and high demand always generates a higher sell price.

Most of the sellers on e*** do start the auctions at a low price i.e.  £1 so technically they are leaving it up to the buyers to decide the sell price.  They could potentially sell for £1.

It is the buyers inflating the prices, not the sellers.
Nordic
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: February 23, 2006, 05:32:32 pm »

They could offer them as 'buy it now' at a fraction over face value to cover cost's.

But its a sellers market, however if you held your nerve, I think this year there will be quite a few bargins nearer race time due to the world cup, less brits will go.

Some people will tell you that slow is good - and it may be, on some days - but I am here to tell you that fast is better.
H S Thompson 1937 - 2005
Elvisisalive

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 23, 2006, 05:41:04 pm »

I know what you mean about buy-it-now but I suppose e*** has bred a culture of entrepreneurs out to make money. 

It's our fault really for not buying the tickets in time.
Barry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Kick out the jams, motherf*ckers!

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 23, 2006, 06:07:27 pm »

If you remember that suggestion ( it was made, you are not going mad ) you must have been lurking for a long time before you first posted.

Welcome to Club Arnage.
Elvisisalive

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 23, 2006, 06:15:13 pm »

Thanks mate.

I think I asked a question under another username and I am bugg***d if I can remember it!

I don't want to be a newcomer that rocks the boat, I do understand  peoples views that tickets should be sold at face value.  But I do believe that we should buy our own tickets better.

E*** does provide an escape route for people like me who always leave it too late!
Piglet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 23, 2006, 06:27:56 pm »

I know what you mean about buy-it-now but I suppose e*** has bred a culture of entrepreneurs out to make money. 

It's our fault really for not buying the tickets in time.

Yes I really must order the tickets before July this year and I believe Paddy was slack and only ordered for 2006 just before the 2005 race  Roll Eyes
BigH
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

They've lumps of it round the back.

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 23, 2006, 08:23:32 pm »

Yes, welcome Elvisalive. Oh God, I wish he was.
Anyway, say what the hell you want, personally I don't understand what all this fizzing at the bunghole about e-bay is about, and if I could work out how to use the search function on this site, it would save me typing it all out again (where's Steve 'The Man' Brown when you need him?).
As far as I'm concerned, you can photocopy a pass, or your arse for that matter. And if you want to chop off your knob and replace it with a carrot, then that's just fine with me to. This 'dilemma' business is beginning to sound like a meeting of the village council on 'Vicar of Dibley'. Jesus-shagging-a-labrador, this place'll look like ten-tenths soon, and then where will we be?
Somewhere secure I hope.
H
« Last Edit: February 23, 2006, 08:26:01 pm by BigH » Logged

Always with the negative waves Moriarty, always with the negative waves...
Martini...LB
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Not even stirring...

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 23, 2006, 08:53:29 pm »

And if you want to chop off your knob and replace it with a carrot,
H

I suppose the good thing would be that you could choose the size of the carrot  :-)))

Martini...

l'abus d'alcool est dangereux pour la santé , à consommer avec modération
Snoring Rhino
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 23, 2006, 09:06:16 pm »

Hi,

Nice response  Undecided , I remember this also. It may well have been on the old board but there you go.

A reasonable response I think, as it was re Copying passes not E*ay.
Think about it, we bust our guts trying to make sure  get enough genuine passes for our groups and either turn up later and find the site is overcrowded with knobs who have copied passes or we get settled nice and cosy early in the week and wake up one morning to find we been invaded by BigH's flying Mutant and his extended family Roll Eyes
Done allot of work in anti counterfeiting and some fakes can be better than the originals!! Imagine that, get all nicely set up and the ACO police turn up to inspect passes - you slightly dog-eared genuine pass is suspect, do you think they will listen to your protestations of it being genuine as you are extracted, I don’t think so. Enough to give you nightmares for months.
I didn’t mention E**y - like anybody else I don’t particularly like the profiteering, but as others have said, the high prices are a result of supply and demand and if they are genuine passes and your desperate and you pay the price, even £150 - £200 divided between a group of 4 - 6 people is good value IMO.
So lets start again Elvisisalive, welcome.

« Last Edit: February 28, 2006, 09:49:11 am by IRW » Logged
Robspot
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 23, 2006, 10:18:15 pm »

Poo bar all round then, and a giant carrot up BigH's jacksie. Hurrah!

I always stay too long. Long enough for something to go wrong
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: