Club Arnage
September 20, 2024, 12:57:53 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Moral Dilemma  (Read 8340 times)
Snoring Rhino
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2006, 11:27:45 pm »

Although this year seems to be more extream re MB, in the past there have been plenty of camping passes floating around in the last few weeks. Not that I have ever been, or had to be, brave enough to hold on that long thanks to friends and good deeds. Its bit early to start panicing though chaps and chapeses! 
kassac

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2006, 10:17:10 am »

jpc.....Just checking that the tickets I purchased  from you are safe... I`m starting to get ready and did`nt fancy looking for more.
redstu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Buuuuurp!

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2006, 10:38:05 am »

JPC
Just to add to the consensus
Flog them on ebay and if you make a profit give it to charity.
And Im with Perdu I'll help you drown your conscience at team jpc.

Regarding Bleu Nord  - I'm sure they will also be in demand later through  sell & Swap (or ebay), its a good location and even suitable for planespotters!
jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2006, 10:48:33 am »

jpc.....Just checking that the tickets I purchased  from you are safe... I`m starting to get ready and did`nt fancy looking for more.

Absolutely!!!!!  I had four tickets. On ehas goen to you, so that leaves me with three others and 6 GA's.
BigH
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

They've lumps of it round the back.

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2006, 12:15:58 pm »

Kinnell!
 - i don't like e-bay either, but I'm not psychotic about it, chill out for chrissakes, it's just a tool after all.
My belief is that it's the shyster lying b*stard agencies who should be dragged out onto the pit straight and whipped like dogs.
The amount of tickets appearing on e-bay amounts to a tiny dribble from the japs eye compared to the total amount of tickets sold. The agencies on the other hand block buy thousands of them (and the ACO has to take some responsibility there), and it's their demand that stops fans been able to get tickets of their choice, even if they do try and order twelve months in advance.
H

Always with the negative waves Moriarty, always with the negative waves...
knetter
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Burn mother...... burn!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2006, 02:01:36 pm »

Would it be an idea to contact a farmer with a field close to the circuit entrance and try to rent it for the week just for the CA gang. Than we need not worry about dealing with the ACO or ticket agencies. Just dump a shower and bog block on the site, rent some sort of genny to supply the whole lot with power and some people to clean the loo's and the showers.

I bet it would save us a shite load of money if we could pull it off!!!

I have given up on being on facebook and myspace, I kept mixing them up and invited people to come on Myface!
Robspot
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 22, 2006, 02:17:19 pm »

Nah, it would be too far away from the action. I like the fact that we're only minutes from the track. Also I like the cosmopolitan feel of MB with loads of different nationalities and teams. If we just rented a field I doubt we could see the track from it and we'd end up a bit cocooned.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2006, 02:35:08 pm by robspot » Logged

I always stay too long. Long enough for something to go wrong
knetter
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Burn mother...... burn!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: February 22, 2006, 04:56:30 pm »

I think last year there was an extra campsite for some Porshe Club set up at the Porshe Curves (how original). But I think it was trackside, something like that would suit me fine.

I also like to be at MB for all of the above stated reasons, just such a pain in the derriere to get enough tickets for it due to the ACO allocations mystery rules. But I guess that is all part of the excitement!!

I have given up on being on facebook and myspace, I kept mixing them up and invited people to come on Myface!
Robspot
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 23, 2006, 09:31:57 am »

We could buy the Maison Blanche field and then sell our own tickets on ebay. We'd make a fortune. And we could put a clause on the tickets that if we don't like the look of you when you turn up we don't have to let you in!  Cheesy

jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 23, 2006, 09:46:40 am »

Now you're talking Robspot!! I wonder how much the ACO would want?

DfH could install a grandstand, a Team JPC Cocktail Bar, The Brethrens Chili Challenge food outlet, The Liverpool Boy's Low Flyers Bar, SPS's don't bring any beer bar showing live football.........................Hang about.........we have all that already!!!  Grin
Mr Toad
CA Veteran

Carrefour will provide!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: February 23, 2006, 07:13:11 pm »

And our bar too..if we still qualify as a CA outpost!

FYI I looked at the field option 3 years ago, and realised that the paper profit or cost cover would probably ruin one of the best weeks away of the year...leave the organisation/local politics to the ACO & pikeys!

Any view as to if they will issue the same number of tickets on MB this year ? - ie have we seen the theoretical max number of campers, or are we set for a bigger squeeze. I only ask as Baldrick will soon start work on the rotating paddling pool base, and I need to know if its the 8ft or 12 ft one to bring... Grin

Also catching up over here - who isnt "in" yet - or is everyone fixed?

www.beermountain.com - Home of the LM Camping Survival Guide!
Martini...LB
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Not even stirring...

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 23, 2006, 08:56:32 pm »

And our bar too..if we still qualify as a CA outpost!

I only ask as Baldrick will soon start work on the rotating paddling pool base, and I need to know if its the 8ft or 12 ft one to bring... Grin

How about both.. a tiered pool system like a wedding cake!!

Martini...

l'abus d'alcool est dangereux pour la santé , à consommer avec modération
BigH
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

They've lumps of it round the back.

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 23, 2006, 09:03:48 pm »

Greetings Mr Toad!
Tell him to go for the biggest! -Turnip Number One! - with all the trimmings.
Talking about population density at MB, I noticed last year that it had been extended a hell of a lot at the top end, it must have doubled the number of campers. I didn't have a look up that end after Friday morning, did the new field fill up as well? I did notice it was a little more "camp" than normal up there though.
The b*stards'll have us buliding timber railway bridges over the track and under the baking sun next.
H

Always with the negative waves Moriarty, always with the negative waves...
Robspot
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 23, 2006, 10:14:18 pm »

We were in the new field last year and it was full by thursday evening, bar a couple of double-jointed vehicles that managed to slip into various tight orifices early on friday. They just can't get enough of it!

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: