Club Arnage
September 20, 2024, 12:53:26 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Moral Dilemma  (Read 8336 times)
jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« on: February 21, 2006, 02:14:38 pm »

As per the Sell/Swap section, because of the ACO again screwing up our ticket allocation this year we have had to muddle our collection of tickets together through various sources. I therefore have a some Bleu Nord camping permits and some GA tickets that I want to get my money back on.

I have tried a couple of friendly routes, but am now going to probably have to revert to a well known auction site.

So, do I put them up at a fixed price of £140/£145 for a camping pass and two GA's (which is what I paid for them plus eBay buying and selling fees) or do I put them on there in an open auction and see what I get, which may lead to a profit.

Firstly, the auction will not be on this site so I won't be using CA for profiteering (indeed I might still make a loss) but I see it two ways. If I put them on at cost, it allows the profiteers to continue to make money, and indeed the buyer may buy them from me simply to resell them later. If I do make any profit, it would only go towards the Tropicoma fund anyway so it's hardly profiteering. In fact, it will help cover the cost of the Tropicoma that Lawnmower Man won in the charity auction.

What do I do??
Robspot
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2006, 02:48:31 pm »

Firstly, no amount of profit is ever going to cover the Tropicoma that Tom drinks.

Secondly the unwritten rule is that you offer tickets on here for face value. You've done that and no-one's interested. Okay maybe a newbie with 1 post will come along but why should you sell to them?

List them on e*** as a standard auction. As you say, if people want to pay over the odds that's hardly your fault is it. You're only selling unwanted tickets because the ACO stuffed you up and you had to pay over the odds to get where you wanted. I think one of the main problems that people have with e*** is that someone else is making obscene profits and not them!

Still, I do think the ACO should do something about it, there's a guy called WagsterWag who we spoke about last year. He sold about 20 passes last year and he's doing the same again this year. Now that IS taking the piss.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2006, 02:57:32 pm by robspot » Logged

I always stay too long. Long enough for something to go wrong
Bob U
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

You're either at Le Mans, or waiting for Le Mans!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2006, 04:46:03 pm »

Mark, not so much of a dilemma surely. You put them up for sale on CA abiding by the no profiteering rule, only intending to recoup your outlay. If you had no takers then you should dispose of them any way you see fit.

The way I look at it is, everyone has the same oppertunities to purchase tickets from the ACO at cost price, maybe not on their chosen campsite but that is a gamble we all take. If someone didn't order tickets in time and is prepared to pay you over the odds at a later date then that is no fault of yours
Rather you make a profit than sell them at a fixed price only to have them appear on e-bay and someone else make a profit. At least you're not running a touting business like this WagsterWag seems to be

There is a corner of a foreign field that will be forever England ------ Houx Annexe

And the bastards have built on it.
hgb
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

You don't win Le Mans - you outlast it.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2006, 05:42:58 pm »

Mark, if you need to get rid of one GA ticket here's one taker. We can swap money/ticket at Spa probably.

I don't care - I'm a racing driver and I'm here to win, not to finish third.
Steve Pyro
Houx Annexe veteran
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

I see you Baby, shaking your Ass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2006, 05:44:42 pm »

Mark, I'm of the same opinion as those above.
You've made a fair and reasonable attempt to sell the tickets on this site under the rules of this site - I did the same last month and sold mine.  You haven't had much interest.

Therefore, put them on ePAY and get what ever the hell people are prepared to pay for them.

Steve East Anglian cobras

Nordic
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2006, 06:03:16 pm »

you can bet that the day after you list them, someone will pop up one CA and want one!

But as the others have all said and assuming you need to recoup your outlay asap, then I would stick them up on ebay and not lose too much sleep over it.

Some people will tell you that slow is good - and it may be, on some days - but I am here to tell you that fast is better.
H S Thompson 1937 - 2005
jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2006, 06:08:41 pm »

Thanks guys.
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2006, 06:13:14 pm »

I have no problem with you selling on eB*y, but use a £1 start!

The only people I object to are those who deliberately order too many tix so they can sell at a profit to cover their own costs, i.e. they camp for free and have some money left over. I have no problem with naked capitalism but I do with bad manners and sheer greed. It's no different to folk who eat all the food at a buffet before everyone has had a fair crack of the whip. Smug greedy fat bastards need to be told. So I did with a bloke on ebay last week, the one ho was selling for £105.

I said - Sir, I quote from your advert - "I've been extremely lucky with ticket allocation and have a few spare (3 IN TOTAL!), my good fortune becomes yours"

The only reason you have been lucky and have three spares is, I suggest, because you deliberately over ordered to make a profit, thereby denying tickets at face value for genuine fans of the race. Anyway, selling these tix at effectively double face value is in contravention of both ebay rules and the terms of your purchase from the ACO. Read the ticket. I seem to remember you pulled the same stunt last year with some Beausejour tickets. So I just wanted to say I think you are an unmitigated bounder and, Sir, a complete cad.

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
Steve Pyro
Houx Annexe veteran
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

I see you Baby, shaking your Ass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2006, 06:24:27 pm »

So I just wanted to say I think you are an unmitigated bounder and, Sir, a complete cad.

Steve East Anglian cobras

Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2006, 07:19:58 pm »

I have another moral dilemma - Tomorrow I can either go skiing in Austria til sunday or I can stay in England in the pissing rain. Apart from eating more fruit and veg, what should I do??

I'm outta here...

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
Martini...LB
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Not even stirring...

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2006, 08:42:38 pm »

Jpc - Go for the ebxx option as you have tried all else.

This Wagster MoFo is making a shedload of money by selling on Ebxx, bastxxrd.

Should we try and contact someone that has bought one and see if there is an address available and then send him a turd in the post?!

I wonder if he actually goes to LM.

Martini...not long to Sebring

l'abus d'alcool est dangereux pour la santé , à consommer avec modération
Robbo SPS
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Go Your Own Way

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2006, 09:08:49 pm »

Looks like i shall be shedding a couple of GA's on the net ( cheap bulk buy ones though _

If not i'll be palming them out at the rudmore on Monmday / Tuesday night...

My bus driver's called in sick already !!

He's baby sitting

Take life by the horns and live it.
Piglet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2006, 09:43:05 pm »

JPC - you know I've just had a similar dilemma having bought a MB ticket on ebay last night.   

I really really hate buying tickets from there - as you said in the other thread, without demand these tossers who manage to get hold of 10 spare tickets would be stuck with them and would be reducing the price to get shot of them BUT (there always is isn't there!) - there are no MB tickets around here and we're going to be stuffed if we've only got the one we've got at the moment (thanks to the wonders of CA!).

So....I've added to the problem by buying from there but I really am all out of options.  In reality I've probably paid less for it than if I bought it from one of the ticket agents and been forced to buy overpriced GA as well. 

I've also got the same dilemma as you - I'm holding two Bleu Nord tickets and from your experience nobody is buying them - I'm not sure what I'll do with them.  Perhaps I'll hold them until the panic buying starts in April/May? but what happens if the place is flooded with Bleu Nord tickets then - I know that there are lot of us who got them in place of MB.     

Bugger - why is it all so blooming complicated  Angry
Perdu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

llama's in the basement mixing up the medicine

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2006, 09:45:17 pm »

Mark, no contest in the moral dilemma stakes is it? After all you have done helping others get tickets in the past (me, me, me!) how could it be a problem to shift 'em on eb**. No problem putting the start price at what you have already had to pay either.

If it does make a small extra stipend which troubles your conscience, well I for one would be willing to visit team JPC simply to sample the drink of the decade and help alleviate your obviously distressing symptoms of guilt.

No, don't thank ,me! 'Tis the least I could do...

Cheesy

"Ha ha you can't a fool me, there ain't a no sanity clause!"
jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2006, 10:29:38 pm »

Thanks again guys and girls.

Just to allevaite any problems I may have had morally, Wagsterwak (I take it the end of his name has a silent N missing) has just listed 4 more Houx Annexe at £95. That's about triple face value!!!!

And Mr Zarse, the chap you wrote to was also written to by me. His riginal ad said he had three spare tickets in total. When the three had sold, he listed another three!! Piglet, if yours was a fixed price of £105, I think it was his second batch that you bought from so you may want to double check his allocation.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: