Club Arnage
September 28, 2024, 11:33:54 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Test weekend - who's going?  (Read 6545 times)
keithk
« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2006, 05:55:03 pm »

I do know of a private campsite with restaurant and bar near the circuit, which will be open throughout the period. PM me if you want details.

PM sent the ACO have emailed to say "Blue is closed in the week" so I they are closing the camp site after the test weekend as I expected. I will stay local until Monday when Piglet and the rest of the "gang" appear.
smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2006, 07:22:37 pm »

Gilles is right - I was in his chateau. Very nice it was too.

This year I've decided to hotel it in town for test weekend. Everyjthing is booked...  Smiley
Piglet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2006, 07:59:58 pm »

Keith is booking into the campsite at Spay, the other one looked a bit "British" really, it's nice to have a little bit of local colour!!

Keith is going out for pre-qual and staying out there for the two weeks (it's alright for some  Roll Eyes), the rest of us are going out the following Sunday so we get a week on MB!! 

Steve Pyro
Houx Annexe veteran
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

I see you Baby, shaking your Ass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2006, 08:32:48 pm »

Piglet, I camped at the site in Spay in (I think) 1999 as I couldn't get on circuit for the race.

It's a nice open site with the usual toilet facilities.

Steve East Anglian cobras

Piglet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 11, 2006, 08:42:20 pm »

Cheers Steve, it looks OK and Keith'll be there on his own so he's not too bothered about facilities (it's a man thing I suppose!). 

He is however  hoping there's a cute french barmaid or receptionist that he can practice his french on  Roll Eyes

keithk
« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2006, 07:45:44 am »

I enjoy the week of “rest” I spent most of the week cycling around the area.  Chance to sort out stuff in the media office speak to the teams and mainly get very close to the cars, last year only a few teams stayed but could spent a lot of time talking at getting those up close pictures of cars.

A chance to walk and cycle the track and check spots at different times to see just how the sun sets or rises and how a shot has changed because trees are gone or track has changed. 

Lots of stuff to do in week it’s a nice break before the 7 days of the race “work” starts, two days of scrutineering, I always end up fried. Two long days of testing 2 AM finishes, Friday starts at 8 am and finishes after 11 PM, then race day 7 AM start to finish 11PM Sunday night… To drive 8-9 hours home on Monday… Then back again three weeks later for the classic.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: