Club Arnage
June 26, 2024, 03:43:00 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Camping question  (Read 19347 times)
Piglet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2006, 08:44:04 pm »

A guy close to us on MB last year had his SAAB convertible stolen - apparently he'd left his keys on a table in a motor home awning or something similar.

Be sensible and it's not too bad.

having said that we got absolutely hammered after the race two years ago and virtually passed out -woke up the next morning to discover we'd all left our rucksacks outside the tent with cameras, phones, wallets etc. etc)  Roll Eyes.  Not a thing had been touched!! 

We'd also lost a member of our group but that was a whole different story Grin
garyfrogeye
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

I'm a messy Houx Annexer

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2006, 12:16:56 am »

Doh!
I must have left the generator in the Bog.

If I was you, I wouldn't start from here
garyfrogeye
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

I'm a messy Houx Annexer

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2006, 12:17:49 am »

Sorry that meant to have a  Wink and a Grin on the end.

If I was you, I wouldn't start from here
Canada Phil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

The Moose

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2006, 05:34:21 am »

OK Piglet we are waiting for a good story Roll Eyes
Canada Phil
Piglet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2006, 10:12:56 am »

OK Piglet we are waiting for a good story Roll Eyes
Canada Phil

This is a great one - and I apologies to anyone who might have been involved and be reading this  Grin

As said we got really really pissed and passed out - there were five of us when we started drinking and when we woke up (fairly early when the birds starting attacking the food we'd left outside!) we realised after an hour or so that the fifth member of our group was particuarly quiet and that her sleeping bag had been moved into the centre of the main tent rather than her own tent.  It then dawned on me I'd stolen that sleeping bag at 4 in the morning when my own had acquired by Keith and that if she'd moved into the main tent rather than her own, she hadn't been there at 4..... Shocked

So we checked her tent and it was empty - this was a 25 year old girl who'd never been to a race meeting before Le Mans and was in a fairly delicate emotional state having just broken up with her husband.

We tried her phone - no answer - she turned up another hour or so later saying that she'd got bored when we all passed out and had gone wondering around Houx - she'd then met a group of guys who'd needed someone skinny to get into a TVR truck that they'd locked themselves out of!  She'd gone off with them and they'd shoved her through the open window of the truck and they all slept in the back of it!!   She was only just starting to get sober enough to realise that perhaps it hadn't been the brightest of things to do......

It all worked out OK but it was one of those stories that could have been soooo different!

Bob U
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

You're either at Le Mans, or waiting for Le Mans!

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2006, 11:13:56 am »

The worst experience of thieving I ever experienced was 4 years ago. After thr race eight of us spent the rest of Sunday finishing of the left over beer and wine. I had hung my bum bag, which contained all my cash, the tour cash and my credit cards, on the gazebo frame. I was so pissed I crawled into my tent and forgot about the bag. Needless to say the next morning it had gone. First thing phone the wife to cancel the cards and was called a useless twat for getting pissed and leaving it hanging there.
 I had to rely on a mates credit card for fuel to get us home. We stopped at Leclerc in Aloncon for fuel and my brother, who was with us for the first time, was buying sarnies which I thought was strange cos on Sunday I lent him the money to buy a t-shirt as he was skint.
We stopped again in Calais to buy wine and beer to take home and my brother brought 10 crates of Fosters. The alarm bells wre ringing loud now so I went to the car to check his bag and there in the bottom was my wallet. The bastard had stollen from his own brother and wost still most of the money was tour money so he had stollen from my mates who he had never met before that weekend.
I waited till he had loaded his beer I the car and then threw all his kit out, punched him in the mouth (the only time I have ever hit anyone in my life) and left him standing in Eastenders carpark. I don't know how he got home, I don't care, I havn't heard from or spoken to him since that day.
Just goes to show the pikies may  be theiving bastards but it is not always them doing it.

There is a corner of a foreign field that will be forever England ------ Houx Annexe

And the bastards have built on it.
Lorry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I won't join any club that'll have me as a member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2006, 11:24:26 am »

God thats terrible.  I've always thought that if anything was nicked it was likely to be by another Brit, but not family.  And one of the reasons for going in a group is to look out for each other.

The moral has to be to put your valuables in a very safe place before the binge, but its always a bu@@er to remember where they are the following day.

GENTLEMEN  -  Start your livers

For and on behalf of the Kent Kronenberg Owners Club
Steve Pyro
Houx Annexe veteran
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

I see you Baby, shaking your Ass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: February 16, 2006, 11:32:43 am »

A few years ago in KN I lost the keys to the cobra.
This was no huge worry as I always take a spare set and leave them for safe keeping with another of our illustrious band.

However, I was a bit concerned that some bastard may find them and be able to get into the boot and thieve all my spare money and valuable stuff.

I'd realised I'd mislaid the keys way up by Tertre Rouge, so I retraced my steps all the way back to KN ..... only to find the keys in the boot lock, with nothing missing or disturbed.
Since then, I attach the bunch to my belt with a short length of light chain and a snap clip.

Steve East Anglian cobras

Nordic
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: February 16, 2006, 11:51:47 am »

In the 25 odd years we have been camping, we have only lost a small amount of stuff, the worst was my Mum (yes, in the early eighties I went with my parents) who had her bag stolen from the campsite by a group of kids who had a blanket that they laid over what ever they wanted and folded it over.
Some got caught and justice was given by a group of Italians who saw what they where up to, the rest ran of along with her bag and other stuff from other campers.

I did have an inflatable referee nicked 5 or so years back and last year we lost some chairs both from the Houx Annexe.

BobU, that story is terrible, Me and my Brother argue all the time we are out there, often over the most trivial thing like the space available in the boot for beer etc, but thats grim stealing from family.

Some people will tell you that slow is good - and it may be, on some days - but I am here to tell you that fast is better.
H S Thompson 1937 - 2005
BigH
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

They've lumps of it round the back.

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 16, 2006, 12:29:27 pm »

Nordic,
I'm so sorry to hear you actually lost your parents, that takes the biscuit. Mind you, if you're going to take eighty year olds along to LM, then I must say it's no surprise, my old mum is getting along now and I certainly wouldn't trust her with a bunch of pikies, let alone the Beast Of Beausejour.
You should be ashamed of yourself.
H
Did you get them back? 

Always with the negative waves Moriarty, always with the negative waves...
Lorry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I won't join any club that'll have me as a member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: February 16, 2006, 12:48:12 pm »

Who is this beast of Beausejour?  We should be told.

There are quite a few basic primates on MB but nothing that bad

GENTLEMEN  -  Start your livers

For and on behalf of the Kent Kronenberg Owners Club
Nordic
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: February 16, 2006, 01:27:33 pm »

Did you get them back? 

It took bit of waiting around, but they both drifted back when they got hungry.

bless um

Some people will tell you that slow is good - and it may be, on some days - but I am here to tell you that fast is better.
H S Thompson 1937 - 2005
stuey
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 16, 2006, 02:02:33 pm »

A couple of years ago I was behind the granstands opposite the pits at the end of the race. Two 'cleaners' walked past one wheeling a wheely bin (what else would you do with it), and the other picked up rubbish and dropped it in the bin. Suddenly a very irate Brit appeared, grabbed one of the cleaners and demanded to look in the bin. They tried to stop him, but he was having none of it, inside the bin covered over with rubbish was his rucksack. Roll Eyes

BigH
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

They've lumps of it round the back.

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 16, 2006, 04:41:29 pm »

Who is this beast of Beausejour?  We should be told.

Lorry,
The Beast of Beausejour was responsible for attacking my perineum with a very coarse grade of emery cloth one night while I slept. It was murder in the Grandstands the next day, you can imagine what it's like having 200 people behind you shouting 'Sit down!!' for hours on end.
Also, the Maison Blanche Monster was very active around the time that Sutcliffe was terrorising the streets of Leeds, and I understand it's rumoured he still makes an odd appearance now and then. I believe he may have been responsible for a spate of taxidermy in the early nineties, just where Maison Blanche ends and Grimpen Mire starts. Some of the lads, those that remain, suspect that the Howling Horror of Houx and the Monster are one and the same, but you've got to ask yourself what's the point of collapsible bollards in front of lamposts, naturally, but also how does he negotiate crossing the track on those terrifying moonless nights when we're all shivering, scared sh*tless in our tents.

The ACO, understandably try to keep these goings on under their hats, and really, you can't blame them, there's nothing like a string of unsolved murders to stop any newbies turning up, and after the Terror of Tetre Rouge ran his tally into double figures I remember them sending a troupe of clowns amongst the crowd to hand out freebies and make with general clown type banter and pranks. Or that might have been the Audi corporate people, I can't remember.
H

Always with the negative waves Moriarty, always with the negative waves...
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 16, 2006, 06:11:58 pm »

This thread sent shivvers down my spine. Has anyone else seen the giant puma-like cat that can jump over the concrete walls with imunity and vanish just as quickly as it appears. You wouldn't want one of them popping into your tent at 3.00am for a snack I can tell you. I suggest putting all your food in a binbag at night and hauling it high up a tree. Let it take the easy pickings from the folk next door. One lot next to us had a couple of their pals go missing on consecutive nights, but the gendarmes said best not to pry into these things too deeply.

We thought we'd had a brush with it ourselves once, there was a terrible noise on MB on a thursday night a few years back, the sound of the dead arising from the grave. However on closer inspection, it turned out to be nothing more sinister than The Gimp buggering a heron round the back of the SPS trailer. Phew!

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: