Club Arnage
September 21, 2024, 09:54:00 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What a joy  (Read 11159 times)
Rusty
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« on: November 13, 2005, 05:28:01 pm »

Great to hear Murray Walker commentating on the Masters Grand Prix.
James Allen, you should hang your head in shame, you cock.

Rusty

The Brethren Rock
Perdu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

llama's in the basement mixing up the medicine

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2005, 07:08:57 pm »

Great to hear Murray Walker commentating on the Masters Grand Prix.
James Allen, you should hang your head in shame, you cock.

Rusty

Fully agree with you there Rusty, and to see two real Masters grab the race and make the cars work for them was sublime. Emerson's last ditch overtaking attempt proved that neither of them has lost their competetive edge or the skills that drove them on...

I take it the other cars had to be pedalled around, 20 seconds difference! OmiGod!

Cheesy

bill

"Ha ha you can't a fool me, there ain't a no sanity clause!"
Lorry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I won't join any club that'll have me as a member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2005, 07:48:18 pm »

There was even that thing, what do they call it now, overtaking.

Mansell hasn't lost it, and proved he must have had it, but had Fittipaldi been 10 years younger............  Even Warwick put up a good show.  Shame about Jan, started well etc.

GENTLEMEN  -  Start your livers

For and on behalf of the Kent Kronenberg Owners Club
Snoring Rhino
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2005, 10:43:59 pm »

Anybody know if this will be shown on terestial TV at any time?
I would be good to hear Murray getting over excited about nigle again.
rcutler
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2005, 12:33:08 pm »

It was on BBC two yesterday at 1600 on grandstand! Cry
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2005, 05:12:51 pm »

A few errors by Muddly Talker, but what a refreshing change from The Cock. No whiney, overblown rhetoric or other horsesh**t, but real enthusiasm.

As to the race, it was pretty steady stuff to start with, but it got going towards the end. To be fair, Kyalami didn't seem to be the ideal track for this type of car, but the racinbg should get better on some of the more open curcuits later in the series. Oh, and Mansell was pretty awsome but I was a little disappointed by his lack of moaning.

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
Fax
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2005, 05:37:42 pm »

We didn't get any of it over here but that can't really have been THE NIGE if there was no pissing & moaning and "what a herioc effort on my part, I won no thanks to the team".  From the testing pics I saw it looks like these cars had to be built as "wide bodies"  Mr. Tambay in particular looking like he hasn't missed many meals.
And how can you call this a GP if Andrea de Crasherous didn't leave his car a steaming pile of wreckage.
Fax
Dan Lowe
CA Veteran

www.24hourlemons.co.uk

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2005, 08:18:06 pm »

I fully agree it was a great race.  Real racers with passion for racing, real cars no auto boxes or traction control!!

You should have seen the smile on my face as soon as I heard Murray's voice, a pure genius  Grin

24 hour lemons - Lemons by name, Lemons by nature
Martini...LB
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Not even stirring...

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2005, 09:05:32 pm »

Unfortumately my daughter forgot to tape the BBC version for me so I missed Muddly. I watched it on Sunday night on Motors. Not sure if anyone else watched it but there were a couple of nobs commentating, some Henry double barrelled idiot that seems to know Jack about racing getting 'terribly' excited because they were hanging the arse out a bit. As for the rest, sorry guys, thought it was a bit boring. Perhaps the Muddly Talker version was better because you could concentrate on what he was/wasn't saying so had a more fun experience.

Touring cars or Moto GP is a lot better.

Martini...

l'abus d'alcool est dangereux pour la santé , à consommer avec modération
Fax
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2005, 09:25:56 pm »

I'm going to be treading on scared ground here and I realize he's a British icon...But!  I've always found Murray Walker annoying as hell!  The guy never shut the f**k up!  I've got a bunch of tapes of GP's from the 70's & 80's and the German language tapes from the seventies are a hundred times better because the commentators actually shut up and let the action do the talking.  Murry just babbled on like his pants where on fire. Enthusiasm is one thing but Jesus! Take a valium!  A bunch of fat middle age has-beens trying to cash in on their former fame (with the exception of Mansell, Emmo, Rene and Jonsey, the rest are never-were's) doesn't get it for me.
Fax
Canada Phil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

The Moose

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2005, 04:25:13 am »

We didn't get any of it over here but that can't really have been THE NIGE if there was no pissing & moaning and "what a herioc effort on my part, I won no thanks to the team".  From the testing pics I saw it looks like these cars had to be built as "wide bodies"  Mr. Tambay in particular looking like he hasn't missed many meals.
And how can you call this a GP if Andrea de Crasherous didn't leave his car a steaming pile of wreckage.
Fax
More like this Fax. Loved the "Steaming pile of wreakage line.
Canada Phil
Snoring Rhino
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2005, 09:43:19 am »

Like you say Fax, Murray's a British Icon - you just wouldn't understand!!!!
Rusty
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2005, 11:49:41 am »

[
 More like this Fax. Loved the "Steaming pile of wreakage line.
Canada Phil

That's what he did best.

The Brethren Rock
RS2 Babe
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2005, 01:58:35 pm »

Kiss Kiss Kiss

Did I mention....that I often bump into Derek in my local Co op supermarket (well he was behind me in the checkout que once) and I have spotted Nigel driving around in the Island a few times. Of course, he keeps to the very strict 40mph speed limit that is impossed here. Wink

I thought the 'race' was brill and Murray fluffing his commentary at times only added to the enjoyment.

Kiss
Lisa
x

Ranger
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2005, 02:30:01 pm »

A fantastic race (well after the first 10 laps) but having seen the difference in pace between Mansell and some of the known 'current' sports car drivers surely someone should be trying to get him behind the wheel of an LMP next June Roll Eyes

Just an idea.....
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: