Club Arnage
September 20, 2024, 02:26:49 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Time To Remember  (Read 2640 times)
Mr. Invincible Mou
« on: November 11, 2005, 07:54:36 pm »

I don't know if this has been posted before, but I still find it one of the best videos for this time of year, or indeed any time of year when we need things put in perspective.

It is 6.5 mb in size and is probably best saved rather than streamed (right click - save as), choice of formats available.

Pittance of Time - wmv

Pittance of Time - mov

More info about the track and Artist here Click Here

For all those who fought, in all our wars and conflicts, I thank you for our freedom.
Fax
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2005, 09:56:51 pm »

Nice Mr. Transparent,
There is a good article on CNN's website about how time is catching up with surviving WWI vets, the USVA estimates there are probably only between thirty to fifty US WWI vets left.
Fax
wishy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Shed's do track days!!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2005, 11:23:55 pm »

Agreed if it was'nt for people like my grandfather and his mates,we would not have the freedom we have today.

We praise them all for giving their lives so that we could live in peace.....until recently that is!!!!

Wishy
mgmark
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Fun is not a straight line.....

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2005, 11:02:35 pm »

Just got back in this evening from 2 Remembrance Day parades today - poignant and humbling as always, even for one currently paid the Queen's shilling.  A memorial tablet in one of the churches was to two brothers, aged 24 and 37, killed within 5 weeks of each other during the First World War in 1917 - both were in the same Australian Regiment, and were grandsons of one of a parishioner who had emigrated to Australia.   A beer in the British Legion Club after the second service brought a marvellous experience - chatting to an ex-RN chap with literally a chest-full of medals anbd watching the 10 young lads in our contingent rapt listening to him.   A grand day out.

MG Mark

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." Mario Andretti
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: