Club Arnage
October 05, 2024, 10:06:45 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hi again... login works again  (Read 6270 times)
Martini...LB
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Not even stirring...

View Profile
« on: October 18, 2005, 11:44:18 pm »

Hi Have been going to LM since '85. and originally joined this forum earlier this year but had a it of trouble with the log in?!
Travelling from Guernsey in the Channel Islands, this year took my Brother Babbling Pastis Man..trust me he does, finally got him away from Mobike LM, but normally go by myself..yes I really do like to have a break from business and friends, no not sad, just want a break and be able to do what and when I want, so I join a throng (no Gimp not a thong) of 230+ thousand??
Have camped for the last few years next to Nordic and his gang of merry men, and surprised them this year with my BBQ leg of lamb - marinated of course. 
Also had to endure the nobs with the genny.
Are there any forum members from Guernsey?
Normally travel from Guernsey to St Malo on wed, bbq and wine/vodka, thurs big breakfast and late lunch then watch qualy, Friday big brek early lunch and then get totally arsxd in the Globe bar LM and sleeping through the sat morning race! well that is what I have done the last four years but what the heck.
Perhaps I am in too much of a routine!!

Stay lucky
Martini..
  any time any place.....

l'abus d'alcool est dangereux pour la santé , à consommer avec modération
Nordic
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2005, 09:58:36 am »

Hi Martini,
We sure where surprised with your BBQ leg of lamb, living on a diet of Burgers and Steak the smell of that nearly drove us crazy.

All booked for next year, slightly enlarged group as well see you there!

Some people will tell you that slow is good - and it may be, on some days - but I am here to tell you that fast is better.
H S Thompson 1937 - 2005
Piglet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2005, 05:53:29 pm »

Welcome Martini - we did a pretty good BBQ'd rib of beef last year.  The standard of catering has certainly improved since responsibility for it was taken away from me!!   Grin
Robbo SPS
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Go Your Own Way

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2005, 10:17:19 pm »

Al, from the WANCS cooks his meat in a marinade of coke and is very good, i'm told ?

Take life by the horns and live it.
smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2005, 12:15:14 am »

Sure that's not what they sprinkle on it?
Martini...LB
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Not even stirring...

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2005, 10:21:03 pm »

The leg of lamb is fairly easy as it is off the bone and marinaded with thyme, rosemary, garlic, chilli etc and then frozen. Menu is from rick stein food heroes...best on proper home bbq. I also take a mean spag bol and a spicy chicken dish (both eaten with pasta and rice) very easy really. All in a plug in chiller box. Try it and be the envy of the other campers.

Martini...

smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2005, 02:05:32 am »

"mean spag bol and a spicy chicken dish (both eaten with pasta and rice) very easy really"

Which night are those?

I will even wash my knife and fork...
Piglet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2005, 09:58:17 am »

The leg of lamb is fairly easy as it is off the bone and marinaded with thyme, rosemary, garlic, chilli etc and then frozen. Menu is from rick stein food heroes...best on proper home bbq. I also take a mean spag bol and a spicy chicken dish (both eaten with pasta and rice) very easy really. All in a plug in chiller box. Try it and be the envy of the other campers.
Martini...

Isn't taking food to France a bit "coals to Newcastle"?  I love buying food in France - particuarly the market in Le Mans earlier in the week. 

Plus of course, by the time we've shoehorned the people and the gear into the car there isn't any room to take food!! 
Lorry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I won't join any club that'll have me as a member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2005, 01:19:33 pm »

Plus of course, by the time we've shoehorned the people and the gear into the car there isn't any room to take food!! 
I agree, although there are certain exceptions, like bacon, sausages and pickled onions, which you can't buy in France

GENTLEMEN  -  Start your livers

For and on behalf of the Kent Kronenberg Owners Club
Martini...LB
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Not even stirring...

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2005, 10:31:10 pm »

Martini...

Isn't taking food to France a bit "coals to Newcastle"?  I love buying food in France - particuarly the market in Le Mans earlier in the week. 

Hey, I can assure you I am a total Francophile and in the process of applying for dual nationality, Guernsey (english) and French as Guernsey is only a part time member of the EU (according to england, mind you they still accept our contributions) this might make things easier for (semi) retirement in France.
Anyway the reason I take a lot of frozen food to LM is that it enables me to relax around the campsite while I am reheating and sorting salad etc or whatever...also as I generally go by myself, through choice (not because I am sad!), I do not have to worry about travelling to and from restaurants (driving) and can totally relax where I am, with the aid of a few bottles of wine and vodka.

Jeez I am glad I got that off my chest. Sorry if this is a little extended.

Already looking forward to next year LM and Classic LM.

Martini....

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: