Club Arnage
October 06, 2024, 02:31:54 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New Corvette Unveiled  (Read 4242 times)
Ballast
CA Veteran

DON'T PANIC

View Profile
« on: October 13, 2005, 03:40:24 pm »

A spokesman for chevrolet said today..

"The team is confident that the new 2006 Le Mans entry will be a huge step forward in performance. This evolution will make us even more competitive"

* main.jpg (32.11 KB, 390x250 - viewed 460 times.)

There is an art, or rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss!
Steve Pyro
Houx Annexe veteran
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

I see you Baby, shaking your Ass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2005, 03:46:01 pm »

Oh , how you like to taunt  Wink

Steve East Anglian cobras

Fax
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2005, 04:34:17 pm »

This weekend will be Aston's last chance to make it a draw for the year or eat Corvette dust Wink
The Laguna Seca ALMS season finale is on Speedchannel Sunday afternoon for all the North American CA'ers
Fax
DelBoy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

---TDR---

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2005, 06:29:15 pm »

.................and on Motors TV 16.00 to 20.00 hours for those this side of the pond, and, of course, who have Sky.

Also on later, at 02.30 Monday morning, is 'LM Story', the description of which is:

In LM Story, relive the Le Mans legend. The most spectacular automobiles that participated in the world-famous 24-Hour endurance test compete once again on the Bugatti circuit.

Huh  Undecided Huh

Del

Team Delboy Racing
Fax
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2005, 06:52:07 pm »

The Bugatti circut? Hmm...not exactly a mind-warping layout that one.
Fax
Ferrari Spider
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2005, 07:12:48 pm »

The Bugatti circut? Hmm...not exactly a mind-warping layout that one.
Fax

A bit like driving the Indy circuit at Brands.
mgmark
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Fun is not a straight line.....

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2005, 09:58:41 pm »

Or there is the latest Dodge offering - note the streamlined rear end........

* dodge1.JPG (33.38 KB, 510x321 - viewed 366 times.)

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." Mario Andretti
Matt Harper
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2005, 04:32:22 pm »

I had cause to visit my local Dodge dealer last week. My company was in need of  Sprinter van, so I went up there to do the deal. As I pulled onto the forecourt, my senses were assaulted by a sinister looking monster that was all alloy wheels, Brembos and blacked-out windows. Behold, the Dodge Magnum SRT-8.
Using a mixture of begging, conniving and bribing tactics, I was able to persuade the salesman to afford me an unaccompanied test drive - given I'd just handed him an order for a $36k van, it would have been somewhat churlish for him to deny me.
I'll cut straight to the chase - and I'll also prepare myself for a barage of critiscism about how they don't go around corners, look crap, have cheap interiors etc.
My current ride is a 2000 C5 Corvette, with a quite chirpy 5.7litre LS1.
The SRT-8 is a balls-to-the-wall fire breathing maniac of a car. It is a somewhat 'roomy' estate/sport-ute, with a very high belt-line and low roof, giving it an almost 'chopped' look. Lurking beneath the hood is a 6.1 litre hemi V8 that delivers - get this, 425bhp. The example I drove also had a Corsa Indy cat-back exhaust system which made it sound like a competition car from outside (muffled burble on tick-over, rising to thunderous roar, on the inside).
This car is mental. It accelerates faster than my C5 and the surge is endless - it just won't stop increasing velocity. It's also a big car, so it doesn't feel floaty, or light at the front under large throttle inputs. It's accommodating for 5 adults, comfortable, has a superb tiptronic and is totally loaded. The brake upgrade is probably essential on a car of this size - and they certainly contained it's power. I didn't have much opportunity to get onto a more challenging road, but it seems planted - and has the usual electronic stability and traction controls - so I imagine it will be adequate, if not inspiring on a twisting road (the likes of which are hard to find here, sadly).
I must have one of these cars. The Corvette is a very, very nice performance package - but I'm swayed by monstrous horsepower and a degree of civility and practicality. Aside from the 20" wheels and the crackling exhaust, it's reasonably inconspicuous too.
...and the coup de gras? $38k and change - 20,000 quid. It has to be done!   

If it\'s good and fast, it won\'t be cheap. If it\'s fast and cheap, it won\'t be good. If it\'s good and cheap, it won\'t be fast.
Brad Zarse
Demi Moore's toy boy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Drinking can be hazardous to your health.....

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2005, 09:29:12 pm »

It accelerates faster than my C5  

You had me at this bit.....i remember the look on my mums face when driving up the road in the C5 - this new dodgy thing must be awesome!!

Check out my band!  www.blackmarketband.co.uk
On Facebook:  www.facebook.com/bandblackmarket

See you at a gig soon?
Fax
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2005, 02:44:22 am »

Matt,
I'm assuming this is going to be our new Sebring (and Daytona?) ride for next year?  Chewy, prepare the ship for the jump to light speed....
Fax
Steve Pyro
Houx Annexe veteran
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

I see you Baby, shaking your Ass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2005, 09:44:40 am »

Here's the new Dodge.  As a driver of a reasonably quick estate car, I would happily trade.

Steve East Anglian cobras

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: