Club Arnage
October 06, 2024, 04:28:09 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Good evening  (Read 17373 times)
Jonnyspa27

View Profile
« on: October 12, 2005, 08:00:35 am »

Hello all!
Chaps, I've posted before on the 'Help' thread since I'm going to Le Mans next year and meeting some of you fine folks. Thanks for all of the help and advice (albeit somewhat bizare Smiley) I'm looking forward to talking to you and potentially 'aveing a beer with you in Juin. Cheers mates!

Le Mans '07 goals:
1)Just to get there!
2)To have a beer w/ Johnny Herbert
3)Keep drinking for Holland!
Snoring Rhino
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2005, 08:48:22 am »

Hi Jonny,
Welcome to the nut house, like the todo list, but maybe No1 should read " Meet some great poeple - recover from hang over".
Steve Pyro
Houx Annexe veteran
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

I see you Baby, shaking your Ass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2005, 09:22:41 am »

What ho Jonny.  Mines a cold bottle of Leffe come June.  See you there.

Steve East Anglian cobras

Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2005, 01:39:22 pm »

Thanks for all of the help and advice (albeit somewhat bizare Smiley)

It might seem bizarr now, but nothing you read on here will adequately prepare you for the things you'll witness once you get there. Make a booking with your therapist for your return in late June.

Oh, and hi, welcome aboard CA.  Smiley

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
Jonnyspa27

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2005, 02:13:38 pm »

Thanks guys,
Zarse, I can;t imagine Le Mans being too much crazier than Knoxville? After all I did witness a lady getting a bit of the old in out from behind, behind a apparel trailer. All of this wasn't more than10 ft from the front stretch and directly across the street from Dingus (famous bar racers hang out at). But that is why I'm going because its going to be a totally different experience different cars, different country, but very similar people because hey, we're all race fans right? Just outta curiosity do they sell Warsteiner Octoberfest there? That is some good brew!  Grin

Le Mans '07 goals:
1)Just to get there!
Lorry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I won't join any club that'll have me as a member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2005, 02:15:30 pm »

I don't think there's much I can add, other than what a nice looking little tractor.

It needs an open mind, an open mouth and open bowels

GENTLEMEN  -  Start your livers

For and on behalf of the Kent Kronenberg Owners Club
jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2005, 02:24:56 pm »

Just outta curiosity do they sell Warsteiner Octoberfest there? That is some good brew!  Grin

There's a large array of beers available in the Hypermarkets, and I've certainly seen Warsteiner there but not sure about am Octoberfest variation. Gilles (who lives in Le Mans) has previously mentioned a shop in the town centre that does a wider range.

Plus of course we have some German friends heer on the forum who may offer to bring some over for you?
smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2005, 06:07:01 pm »

...and a fellow 'Merican who lives in Munich.
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2005, 06:29:24 pm »

Jonny,

Jesus H Christ on a Harley! Knoxville sounds pretty crazy and I'd love to give it a go someday.

Le Mans is crazy but in a different way. For an acurate dipiction of what to expect, have a look at on this page for BigH's previous posting on the subject of the Houx Annexe campsite:

http://www.clubarnage.com/forum/index.php?topic=2844.msg31852#msg31852

It's rather Pythonesque down there and none of the other sites are much better. For example, Maison Blanche is a bit gay. It's as camp as a row of pink tents. In fact, it is a row of pink tents with the George Michael Shower Block for added measure.

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
Lorry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I won't join any club that'll have me as a member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2005, 08:54:09 pm »

For example, Maison Blanche is a bit gay. It's as camp as a row of pink tents. In fact, it is a row of pink tents with the George Michael Shower Block for added measure.
At least there is a shower block in Maison Blanche, and it doesn't look like an Iraqi refugee camp being visited by Carroll Shelby.  And the guy on the bogs is French not Greek.  Never seen pink tents, but if they're on offer at Carrefour we'll have them.  If there's enough Tropicoma to go round nobody will notice anyway

GENTLEMEN  -  Start your livers

For and on behalf of the Kent Kronenberg Owners Club
Jonnyspa27

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2005, 09:05:10 pm »

WOW  Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked OK The toilet's at Le Mans make the toilets at Knoxville look like the Hilton! HOLY SHNIKES... When was the last time they changed the toilet? '63? HMMM I will be bringing a Brita water filter for sure. I think laminating myself  from the waist down could be an option. We don't have any stilt weilding hermaphrodites, just alot of race fans having a good time. This should be interesting lol Cheesy Cheesy So now which campsite to stay at? hmmm it looks like Karting Nord wouldn't be too bad. It's near maison blanche and not too far from the grandstands for the start. What's the skinny on that spot?

Le Mans '07 goals:
1)Just to get there!
smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2005, 12:24:39 am »

KN looked a bit cramped when I toured with Fran this year, but then they all do by Fri night...

Rusty and mgmark are both KNers I think - probably others too.

Realistically you may just have to take what you can get. But certainly the largest contingent from this web site will be on Maison Blanche.
Jonnyspa27

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2005, 01:04:31 am »

^^^Sounds good, I'll try to get over there. Also something I didn't ask but should have, are there many campers with 'sticky hands' shall we say? Is it more of a deal where I cover your back you cover me and everyone is cool? Of corse I'll lock the majority of my things in the car but you never know so thats why I ask.

Le Mans '07 goals:
1)Just to get there!
Canada Phil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

The Moose

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2005, 05:54:02 am »

Hi Jonnyspa27,
                       Welcome to CA. I have Warstarter hand carried from Germany by my good friend GAB, however lots of interesting beers on sale in the supermarkets to experiment with. Karting Nord is actaully not accesable to MB due to a small thing, the track is in the way Roll Eyes All campsite have there advantages and KN is certainly not too far from the action.
Canada Phil
gab
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2005, 07:24:30 am »

[I have Warstarter hand carried from Germany by my good friend GAB,

...can add you to the list Jonnyspa27, drop me a PM end of May with your beverage list, I`ll see what I can do for ya.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: