Club Arnage
September 23, 2024, 06:21:25 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Petit Le Mans 2005 Who, What, Where and When  (Read 21408 times)
Canada Phil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

The Moose

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: September 27, 2005, 04:03:30 am »

Hi Amazing Chris Matt Fax and Dave... did I miss anyone Huh I plan to arrive Thursday after Noon. I will be driving. Also bringing Club Arnage Flag.
Canada Phil
Fax
« Reply #46 on: September 27, 2005, 05:58:00 am »

Hi Guys,
Phil, man I'm so glad your going to make it down, as I said before, wouldn't be the same without'cha.  I think a Club Arnage grid walk is in order.  Chris, inside the uphill and blindingly fast  turn 1 is also a damn good location to watch the start.  Wohoo!  See you guys in down south in Dixie.
Fax
Fax
« Reply #47 on: September 27, 2005, 02:37:32 pm »

Latest weather forecast shows slight chance of rain on Thurs, high of 80, mostly sunny with temps in the upper 70's-low 80's rest of the weekend. Cool
Fax
Hardpoint

YFDS

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 27, 2005, 04:19:37 pm »

We should be rolling in Thursday evening. Look for the large "Your Favorite Driver Sucks" banner.
amazing 1
Uncle Pervy Welshman
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Male Underwear Super Model Two BEERS Please

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 27, 2005, 05:18:30 pm »

We should be rolling in Thursday evening. Look for the large "Your Favorite Driver Sucks" banner.

Try to make night practice,just as good as Sebrings night practice.

TURN 10 "YOUR SPOT IN THE SUN"

GO SHANE GO!!!

GO TEAM IMPALA GO !!!
Hardpoint

YFDS

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 27, 2005, 10:39:31 pm »

That is definately the plan. Leaving Dayton, Ohio around 10:00 A.M., we should make it in time.
Matt Harper
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 28, 2005, 01:01:23 am »

Bit of an Ohio contingent this year then. Likewise, really chuffed you're making it down from the permafrost Phil - have a safe trip.
Fax - the package arrived today - many thanks for the book and t shirt - I've a Pepsi 400 ball cap for you (Knowing how much you love the Cup).
The old 'banger is going in for oil and filters tomorrow - I intend to give her a bit of a work-out on the drive up - and I've decided it's not worth washing it just to get crapped-up on the honk up 75. I'm entering it for the "garage queen - not" award in the Corvette Corral.
It would appear that we tenting it on Saturday night, to avoid the attentions of Georgia's law enforcement community - so am looking forward to a bit of a lash-up on Saturday night. Can't wait!

If it\'s good and fast, it won\'t be cheap. If it\'s fast and cheap, it won\'t be good. If it\'s good and cheap, it won\'t be fast.
Fax
« Reply #52 on: September 28, 2005, 02:12:18 am »

Hey Matt,
Looking forward to a ride in Mr C5 again.  How's your German? If like mine, its a great photo book.  Actually the Cup is growing on me.  The Brickyard was alot of fun and you'll never have to twist my arm to go watch Tony Stewart race.  Like you said, a bunch of CA Buckeyes this year.
Fax
Dave H
CA Veteran

burrrrrrrrppppp

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 28, 2005, 10:53:20 pm »

Right - this is clearly going to turn out to be a boozy one.  Please remind me that Waffle House is out of range on Saturday night!

I'll be loading up the sausage muncher tomorrow and sedately tootling down I65 toward Nashville on Friday a.m.  Should put me in Atl for an early doors Matt before Fax touches down.

Anyone else in the US driving South on Friday I should look out for?

I'll be in the silver 996TT doing 55mph....   Wink
« Last Edit: September 28, 2005, 10:54:54 pm by Dave H » Logged
Fax
« Reply #54 on: September 29, 2005, 05:40:13 pm »

They've got the Wedensday practice times & photos posted at http://www.motorsport.com/photos/series.asp?S=ALMS&Y=0
Can't wait to get there.
Fax
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 29, 2005, 05:42:54 pm »

I'm sorry I can't be there, maybe next time. However, loads of other things to distract me this weekend, like MGMark's track day.

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
Fax
« Reply #56 on: September 29, 2005, 06:57:11 pm »

Andy,
Shame you can't make it, was looking forward to having a few cold brews with you, Sebring next year?
Hope they're able to get the #57 Aston fixed, looked like a big shunt.
Fax
DelBoy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

---TDR---

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 02, 2005, 04:23:27 pm »

Come on you guys, what was it like??

Watched a lot of it on TV, and it seemed like a very close thing in P1, GT1 & GT2 before the problems set in.  The 'vette retiring with 8 laps to go was particularly sad, as was the problem with Aston No 58.

Still, with 'Vette 3rd overall and 1st in GT1, with Aston 4th and 2nd respectively, would seem a fair result.

Didn't see what happened to the Zytec - crashed out early on, and it's a pity about the P1 result, with the Lola coming 2nd (yet again) to the (boring) Audi.  Having said that, congrats to all.  Wish I had been there in the flesh!

Del

Team Delboy Racing
Canada Phil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

The Moose

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 03, 2005, 06:45:19 am »

Roll Call for CA American  Division:
Canada Phil, Home safe and sound. The Fix Or Repair Daily ran flawlessly Gas got cheaper the further north I went.
Moer to morrow time for bed.
Canada Phil
johnevans3
CA Veteran

Howdy Pardner

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 03, 2005, 02:32:44 pm »

The overall winner, Audi, was basically decided within 15 seconds of the start of the race.  I really wanted Zytec to do well but with the 3 fastest cars slamming together in the first few seconds really knocked the wind out of the "glammor" cars.   The only battle left was GT1 and again the race was very, very close.  2 for 3, will it be 3 for 4 in a few weeks?Huh??
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: