Club Arnage
July 08, 2024, 11:36:32 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I'm Amazed  (Read 8979 times)
Ballast
CA Veteran

DON'T PANIC

View Profile
« on: September 08, 2005, 01:51:35 pm »

I’m struggling to comprehend this.

It's 12:43 GMT and no one has yet mentioned the wonderful game of football last night!! Shocked

All I can say is God Bless Sven. He's doing as outstanding job in difficult circumstances. It's clear that the pool of players he has to choose from is woefully inadequate and he should be given a knighthood for all the work he's done to improve our beloved England.

I think that the press and general public are being totally unfair. He's tactics are genius and his ability to bring on the correct substitute at the correct time should be applauded.

There is an art, or rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss!
Bob U
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

You're either at Le Mans, or waiting for Le Mans!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2005, 02:12:38 pm »

Gazza, surely you meant to post this on "The unrelated to Le Mans joke thread"

There is a corner of a foreign field that will be forever England ------ Houx Annexe

And the bastards have built on it.
Neal
CA Veteran

That's put the Halibut amongst the Iguanas

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2005, 03:31:57 pm »

Bob

I Think Gazza has got this in the right place, because the whole f***ing lot of them were beyond a joke last night.
Bob U
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

You're either at Le Mans, or waiting for Le Mans!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2005, 03:49:35 pm »

If I only performed in my job the way some of these so called superstars do in theirs I would be out on my arse. It pisses me off that they are still revered and treated like gods yet they seem to take no pride in wearing an England shirt. My son showed more enthusiasm than last nights bunch of losers when he was picked for our village first team. These guys are happy to take their £50,000 + a week wages, live a fantastic life style and drive  around in cars, that we as sports car fans can only dream of owning, yet only put in minimal effort. Perhaps they are so far up their own arses that they think they should be paid for playing for the national team instead of considering it an honour to be picked.
 As for Beckham, in the post match interview saying "Well you know, like I say, when it gets tough we stick together".

David, for Christs sake, you are the England team captain, not a member of a street gang.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2005, 04:24:59 pm by BOB U » Logged

There is a corner of a foreign field that will be forever England ------ Houx Annexe

And the bastards have built on it.
Ballast
CA Veteran

DON'T PANIC

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2005, 04:36:16 pm »

Ten Minutes to go, desperatly needing a goal, so Swede brings on that well known goal machine "Hargreaves". What a W@nker!!!!!

There is an art, or rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss!
Fax
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2005, 09:19:47 pm »

Our boys (The US Team) officially qualified for the Cup with the 2-0 win over Mexico Saturday night in Columbus. They looked good doing it and optimism abounds for Germany 06.
Fax
fidget
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2005, 09:32:23 pm »

The reason i wont watch football anymore ( and that Southampton are Coca Cola drinkers now )

Why does Rio Ferdinand believe he is worth £100k per wek for doing THAT.

Disgrace.
jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2005, 12:55:36 am »

Our boys (The US Team) officially qualified for the Cup with the 2-0 win over Mexico Saturday night in Columbus. They looked good doing it and optimism abounds for Germany 06.
Fax

Hey John, I do hope the US soccer team realise that this isn't like the World Series and other countries will actually be taking part!!!  Wink Grin Wink Grin
gab
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2005, 06:58:36 am »

JP, if I remember correctly the USA made it to the same round as England did in the 2002 World Cup, both were eliminated in the quarter finals I believe Huh  And even more appalling is the current FIFA rankings have the USA  in 6th place one place ahead of England in 7th. Angry  But we all know the real proof comes down to what happens between the white lines. Let`s keep our fingers crossed that England can beat both Austria and Poland and qualifies for the 2006 World Cup, wouldn`t be the same in 2006 without you Wink
Doris
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Eating's Cheating!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2005, 10:55:57 am »

Let`s keep our fingers crossed that England can beat both Austria and Poland and qualifies for the 2006 World Cup....

And can we also prey that they are good games as opposed to the dross that has been served up in the last three?  Otherwise I'm going to be mighty pissed off about the £££ I've spent on tickets.  Not to mention the petrol to get there...

Live imperfectly and with great delight.
jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2005, 01:49:09 pm »

JP, if I remember correctly the USA made it to the same round as England did in the 2002 World Cup, both were eliminated in the quarter finals I believe Huh  And even more appalling is the current FIFA rankings have the USA  in 6th place one place ahead of England in 7th. Angry  But we all know the real proof comes down to what happens between the white lines. Let`s keep our fingers crossed that England can beat both Austria and Poland and qualifies for the 2006 World Cup, wouldn`t be the same in 2006 without you Wink

I have to say, if we play the way we have in our last three games then we don't deserve to be there!!

Can you imagine how many satellite dishes and TV's there will be on Maison Blanche next year!

Fax
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2005, 03:55:45 pm »

Hey Mark,
Most US soccer fans are a bit more...hmm, how can I phrase this? Comsopolitan, than their baseball counterparts.
The US has quietly put together a very good squad with a number of the players on the line-ups of Euro clubs.  The MLS is doing very over here as well, with a number of purpose built stadiums now being built, the days of playing on converted US football and baseball fields are over.
Fax
Dave H
CA Veteran

burrrrrrrrppppp

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2005, 09:38:55 pm »

I agree with John.  I'd put my money on the US over England right now - especially after the other day.  Any takers?Huh
Canada Phil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

The Moose

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2005, 01:06:49 am »

I agree with John.  I'd put my money on the US over England right now - especially after the other day.  Any takers?Huh
Hey Dave, It's football played with a round ball they are talking about here Grin so No Cool
Canada Phil
jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2005, 09:11:53 am »

At the moemnt so would I Dave. Dire doesn't even describe how bad we have been in the last 3 games.

And to think when we got knocked out by Brasil in the last World Cup Finals (the eventual winners) they said we were the only hard game they had in the whoe tournament!

There's far too much money in the game now. Prima donna getting paid £50,000 per week upwards who then also get paid to play for their country. They shoudl eb proud to represent their Country as far as I am concerned and should do it for pride, not cash. Let's see some passion out there!
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: