Club Arnage
September 29, 2024, 05:35:28 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Email from the ACO  (Read 2927 times)
chrisbeatty
CA Veteran

Note to self, think of something witty.

View Profile
« on: August 30, 2005, 06:03:17 pm »

Alright that sounds a little deceiving!! It's not about my ticket allocation (not yet anyway) Wink

Did anyone else get an email this afternoon from the ACO, something about the French government lowering the speed limit on autoroutes from 130 km/h to 115 km/h, how the ACO is against it & trying to arrange a boycott of them for 2 days, I know I'll be joining in with the boycott!! Roll Eyes

I hope it doesn't go through as it could cause us all even more of a headache next year trying to keep the fines to a minimum!! Looks like we in the UK are not the only ones with problems regarding bureaucrats Angry
Stranger
CA Veteran

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2005, 08:05:39 pm »

Got the same e-mail.

Stranger on tour 2008: Paul Ricard (LMS) / Barcelona (LMS) / Silverstone (FIA GT) / Monza (LMS) / Spa (LMS) / Spa (Group C) / Le Mans (test day)/ Le Mans (24H) / Oschersleben (FIA GT) / Assen (GT Masters) / Spa (FIA GT) / Nürburgring (LMS) / Silverstone (LMS)
Perdu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

llama's in the basement mixing up the medicine

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2005, 09:13:15 pm »

Yes I received the same email too. Of course I shall be forced to comply with the ACO's request to stay off the motorways, I am a great believer in supporting my favourite French motoring organisation.

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

bill

"Ha ha you can't a fool me, there ain't a no sanity clause!"
Ballast
CA Veteran

DON'T PANIC

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2005, 09:45:41 pm »

Team JPC foresaw this impending change in legislation and took steps to ensure that the advanced party avoided any fines for driving too fast. We bought "The Beast"  Grin

Driven by Team JPC and vegetarians, "the Beast" doesn't go fast enough to kill anything let alone break any spead limits!!!!   Wink

There is an art, or rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss!
Steve Pyro
Houx Annexe veteran
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

I see you Baby, shaking your Ass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2005, 09:48:12 pm »

Babel fish has a stab at translating it thus :-

"115 KM/H ON MOTORWAY: The CAR CLUB Of WEST DENONCE A NEW MEASUREMENT REPRESSIVE AND INADAPTEE

Under pretext of the raising of prices of the fuels, the government recommends to reduce the speed on motorway from 130 to 115 km/h to save energy and to return at an acceptable contract price.

The Car Club of the West denounces and is opposed to this bad idea bus not adapted, for the following reasons:
- the traffic on motorway represents only 21 % of the national total traffic. Why not put forward a similar measure on the whole of the road network, by proportionally lowering the speed limit on the trunk roads, departmental and in the agglomerations?
- the object of the motorway network is to allow a greater fluidity of the traffic and to ensure a maximum safety (for recall, distribution of the accidents by types of networks: motorways 6 %, trunk roads: 13 %, secondary roads: 30 %, other roads: 51 %). If authorized speed approaches in a strong way of the district distributors, that can cause to lead our fellow-citizens to privilege the latter, and to well too expensive forsake a service become for what it brings. Moreover is the government ready to lower in same time the price of tolls? This is not very serious in term of road safety.
- the French are certainly sufficiently responsible to adapt their consumption purchasing power to them. To force with such a measurement would have on the other hand certainly effects on the economic development of our country like on the moral one of the households. Why not go as far as quite simply prohibiting to roll?

In conclusion, and if we can consider that such a recommendation in term of council can certainly sensitize the French, we are opposed firmly to a strict imposition of the reduction speed on motorway, which rather leaves think that Mr Perben lets himself rock by the refrain throbbing the lobby anti-speed.
Is this the occasion there to make pass, under a false pretext, a new repressive measurement which will be in any event very badly included/understood and not accepted? If such a reflexion were to be continued, the Car club of the West intends all to put in?uvre to mobilize the motorists on this topic while starting by calling with a general mobilization and by boycotting during 2 days the whole of the French motorways.
Act for the defense of your rights of road users while profiting from powerful services to live the road in all serenity with the A.C.O.,
- defense in the event of offences against the highway code,
- assumption of responsibility of a training course of recovery of the points of the licence,
- breakdown service towing as of 0 km,
- and much more...

+ of infos on www.lemans.org

And do not forget: "Today, it becomes very important to be a road user protected and helped. We are at your sides!"

Isn't language a wonderfull thing  Smiley

Steve East Anglian cobras

Perdu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

llama's in the basement mixing up the medicine

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2005, 12:45:22 am »

Babel fish has a stab at translating it thus :-

"115 KM/H ON MOTORWAY: The CAR CLUB Of WEST DENONCE A NEW MEASUREMENT REPRESSIVE AND INADAPTEE

Under pretext of the raising of prices of the fuels, the government recommends to reduce the speed on motorway from 130 to 115 km/h to save energy and to return at an acceptable contract price.

The Car Club of the West denounces and is opposed to this bad idea bus not adapted, for the following reasons:
- the traffic on motorway represents only 21 % of the national total traffic. Why not put forward a similar measure on the whole of the road network, by proportionally lowering the speed limit on the trunk roads, departmental and in the agglomerations?
- the object of the motorway network is to allow a greater fluidity of the traffic and to ensure a maximum safety (for recall, distribution of the accidents by types of networks: motorways 6 %, trunk roads: 13 %, secondary roads: 30 %, other roads: 51 %). If authorized speed approaches in a strong way of the district distributors, that can cause to lead our fellow-citizens to privilege the latter, and to well too expensive forsake a service become for what it brings. Moreover is the government ready to lower in same time the price of tolls? This is not very serious in term of road safety.
- the French are certainly sufficiently responsible to adapt their consumption purchasing power to them. To force with such a measurement would have on the other hand certainly effects on the economic development of our country like on the moral one of the households. Why not go as far as quite simply prohibiting to roll?

In conclusion, and if we can consider that such a recommendation in term of council can certainly sensitize the French, we are opposed firmly to a strict imposition of the reduction speed on motorway, which rather leaves think that Mr Perben lets himself rock by the refrain throbbing the lobby anti-speed.
Is this the occasion there to make pass, under a false pretext, a new repressive measurement which will be in any event very badly included/understood and not accepted? If such a reflexion were to be continued, the Car club of the West intends all to put in?uvre to mobilize the motorists on this topic while starting by calling with a general mobilization and by boycotting during 2 days the whole of the French motorways.
Act for the defense of your rights of road users while profiting from powerful services to live the road in all serenity with the A.C.O.,
- defense in the event of offences against the highway code,
- assumption of responsibility of a training course of recovery of the points of the licence,
- breakdown service towing as of 0 km,
- and much more...

+ of infos on www.lemans.org

And do not forget: "Today, it becomes very important to be a road user protected and helped. We are at your sides!"

Isn't language a wonderfull thing  Smiley

Not as bloody wonderful as Babelfish though Steve, thanks. Thats roughly what I thought but its a language I'd much rather use in Carrefour and the occasional bar!

Oh did I say bar? What ever must you think of me? Strictly medicinal, naturelement.

Shocked

"Ha ha you can't a fool me, there ain't a no sanity clause!"
Ferrari Spider
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2005, 12:48:57 am »

just received mine at23:48 Z+1
Werner
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2005, 09:31:33 am »

received it too, but it good sorted out by the spam-filter of my provider Grin Grin Grin

"… to be honest, I did it purely for the money at first. I went to Le Mans
hoping that the car would break down. I came away in love with the place." - Eddie Irvine
Piglet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2005, 10:29:58 am »

received it too, but it good sorted out by the spam-filter of my provider Grin Grin Grin

Mine got sorted by my manual spam filter - me!  The title of it was odd so I binned it!   Been getting loads of spam recently with lots of it looking like it's been sent from my account (it's not the virus that does that - I've checked!). 
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: