Club Arnage
September 29, 2024, 07:29:55 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Great Auto Video  (Read 4000 times)
Ferrari Spider
« on: August 30, 2005, 02:56:38 pm »

Looking for suggestions for a DVD to be put together for next years LM and shown on DfH camp video system.  Sooner if I can get all the tracks together.

Doesn't have to be racing related but needs to be good quality as the screen is very large.

Thoughts so far:-

Rendezvous, Bullit, Great Escape, Thomas Crown Affair, Le Mans, Grand Prix, Gone in 60 secs, Fast and Furious.

Any other suggestions gratefully received and if you have the footage and can lend it to me or send a copy that would be great.
smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2005, 03:33:59 pm »

I enjoyed the Audi series from the telly last year, but it is much better for foreplay (i.e. to warm you up prior to the main event) than it would be once on site.

Cracking idea though...
Nobby Diesel
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2005, 03:52:27 pm »

Surely some mistake here!

How can the phrase"great auto video" and "the Fast and the Furious" appear in the same subject?

How about "Confessions of a Driving Instructor"

If you can't fix it with a hammer, you have an electrical problem.
Nordic
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2005, 03:55:37 pm »

May I suggest.

Le Ronde Infernal, the sometimes tragic story of the 69 (I think) Le Mans race.

or

The story of the 50's D type's win (it came free with MotorSport a few years back) featuring Hawthorn (again I think) passing a french cyclist at trete rouge while doing a demo lap before the race, priceless.

Some people will tell you that slow is good - and it may be, on some days - but I am here to tell you that fast is better.
H S Thompson 1937 - 2005
Steve Pyro
Houx Annexe veteran
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

I see you Baby, shaking your Ass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2005, 04:13:29 pm »

I hope you are referring to the original Thomas Crown Affair.

How about some good old car chase movies - Duel, Vanishing Point, Blues Brothers, Ronin.
Or some classics like Animal House (everyone knows the words),

Steve East Anglian cobras

Ferrari Spider
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2005, 04:29:49 pm »

May I suggest.

Le Ronde Infernal, the sometimes tragic story of the 69 (I think) Le Mans race.

or

The story of the 50's D type's win (it came free with MotorSport a few years back) featuring Hawthorn (again I think) passing a french cyclist at trete rouge while doing a demo lap before the race, priceless.

Nordic, no probs in including this video as a film to watch, what i'm looking for is clips rather than the whole film.
Ferrari Spider
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2005, 04:33:40 pm »

I enjoyed the Audi series from the telly last year, but it is much better for foreplay (i.e. to warm you up prior to the main event) than it would be once on site.

Cracking idea though...

Smokie, glad you like the idea,  the open air cinema was just excellent this year, although we did upset some of the campers, shame, can't imagine they will be near us next year Grin

Just want to increase the choice through the week, obviously some will on repeat like the italian job, but some of the old keystone cops etc B & W would also work well, particularly as this silent movies!!! Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
Bob U
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

You're either at Le Mans, or waiting for Le Mans!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2005, 04:40:53 pm »

Murrey Walkers F1 heroes.
Yes it is F1, but the clips are mostly from the era of Prost, Villeneuve, Hunt, Senna etc so some good footage of what F1 was like when it was interesting

There is a corner of a foreign field that will be forever England ------ Houx Annexe

And the bastards have built on it.
Ferrari Spider
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2005, 04:43:30 pm »

I hope you are referring to the original Thomas Crown Affair.

How about some good old car chase movies - Duel, Vanishing Point, Blues Brothers, Ronin.
Or some classics like Animal House (everyone knows the words),

Mr Brown, the remake, like all remakes is just too awful to watch, bought a copy in bali a few years ago for 50p and it is a complete waste of money.

Queeny and Faye are just fantastic and the way the film has been cut together produces a really taught sexually charged atmosphere, the ride through the dunes with and without Faye in the VW buggy are just great.

I like your other suggestions, could be into a series of DVD's, produced through Blue World Diving.
Snoring Rhino
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2005, 04:59:34 pm »

American Graffiti should be there as some light relief, very nostalgic.
Ferrari Spider
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2005, 05:06:47 pm »

American Graffiti should be there as some light relief, very nostalgic.

Any particular bit you would like to see as a clip, maybe when the police car has its rear axle pulled off?
Snoring Rhino
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2005, 06:27:31 pm »

That would be most excellent  Grin or of course the 55 chevy and Duce coupe race
Steve Pyro
Houx Annexe veteran
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

I see you Baby, shaking your Ass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2005, 06:50:58 pm »

There's some good racing between a stripped out 55 Chevy (James Taylor driving) and a 68 Pontiac GTO (amongst others) in 'Two Lane Blacktop'.
The plots a bit thin though.

Or more drag racing in the biopic of Shirley Muldowney (first NHRA women top fuel dragster 'world' champion) called 'Heart Like A Wheel'.

Steve East Anglian cobras

Brad Zarse
Demi Moore's toy boy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Drinking can be hazardous to your health.....

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2005, 11:41:31 pm »

Or more drag racing in the biopic of Shirley Muldowney (first NHRA women top fuel dragster 'world' champion) called 'Heart Like A Wheel'.

-------------------------------------
I've been racking my brains for the name of that film since we got back from the Don Garlits museum in florida.... Thanks Cheesy

Do you know if it covers beyond her horrific accident? As i do believe she made an almighty come back not so long ago???

Check out my band!  www.blackmarketband.co.uk
On Facebook:  www.facebook.com/bandblackmarket

See you at a gig soon?
Fax
« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2005, 11:52:34 pm »

Cha-Cha (The Chi-town Hustler) made a full recovery from her massive Quebec shunt.  I think she's pretty much living the old geezer, retired life these days (having retired a couple of years ago) but still shows up at NHRA meetings from time to time just to let the BOYS know how it should be done.  She could still probably blow the doors off most of these guys today.  I think Heart Like a Wheel was made in the early eighties well before the Sanair accident.
Fax
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: