Club Arnage
September 29, 2024, 01:26:57 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Petrol Prices  (Read 10676 times)
Bob U
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

You're either at Le Mans, or waiting for Le Mans!

View Profile
« on: August 24, 2005, 11:43:19 am »

I got this e-mail this morning and maybe the idea could work. See what you think and pass it on if you agree with it.

With petrol hitting 95p a litre in some areas how soon will we be faced with paying £1 per litre? This campaign could have more affect than "Don't buy petrol on certain days" that we tried last April and May. The oil companies just laughed at us because thy knew that we wouldn't continue to hurt ourselves by refusing to buy petrol. It was more of an inconvienience to us than a problem to them.

BUT, whoever thought of that idea has come up with a plan that can really work. Please read it and join in! Now that the oilcompanies and OPEC have conditioned us to think that the cost of a litre is cheap, we need to take aggressive actin to teach them that buyers control the marketplace not sellers. With the price of petrol going up each day, we consumers need to take action.

The only way we are going to see the price come down is if we hit someone in the pocket and we can do this without hurting ourselves. Here is the idea.

For the rest of the year Don't buy Any petrol from the 2 biggest oil companies (which are now one), ESSO & BP.

If they are not selling petrol they will be inclined to reduce their prices, the other companies will have to follow suit. But to have an impact we need to reach millions of ESSO & BP customers.

It is really simple to reach millions of people, by sending this message to everyone in your address book and asking them to do the same in a few days it is possible to get the whole country to take part in this protest.

Acting together we can make a difference. If this makes sense to you please pass this message on. Please hold out till they lower their prices to the 69p a liter range. It's easy to make this happen, just forward this e-mail and buy your petrol at Shell, Asda , tesco, Sainsburys Morrisons, Jet etc. i.e. BOYCOTT BP & ESSO

There is a corner of a foreign field that will be forever England ------ Houx Annexe

And the bastards have built on it.
smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2005, 11:49:35 am »

Variations of this have been doing the rounds for some time.

I don't understand the petrol market but my own view is that this would be a waste of time. Most of the cost of petrol is tax anyway... And the companies supply each other anyway "behind the scenes".

Petrol is bound to get more expensive anyway as as reserves dry up, the cost of discovering new reserves and mining those reserves will go up, as the easy stuff has already been had.

Also I think we'll see a drop in prices after the US holidays...

I think we are just stuck with what we have to pay. I read somewhere recently that petrol is as cheap in real terms as it was in the 80s.
Bob U
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2005, 11:57:24 am »

Aw, come on Smokie don' kill it of already, that has just taken me ages to type out with my slow two finger technique.

There is a corner of a foreign field that will be forever England ------ Houx Annexe

Paddy_NL
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Bleu Nord hooligan =)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2005, 11:59:27 am »

Well, you Brits are better off than we are.
Prices in Holland are even higher. Converted to pounds it works out 1,03 a litre here Sad

Doesn't take away the fact that the prices are getting beyond a joke now Undecided

Paddy's 2009: Spa LMS • NBR 24 • Le Mans 24 • Spa24NBR LMSSilverstone LMS =(

Drinking for Holland
SmithA
CA Veteran

smithytours.co.uk

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2005, 12:12:03 pm »

And the companies supply each other anyway "behind the scenes".

I know that Tesco Express is supplied by Esso, so i would imaging the superstores are as well.

LM 00, 01, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07 - LMS Silverstone 05 - Donington 06 - Jarama 06 - Monza 07 - Valencia 07 - Silverstone 07
Ron Jeremy
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2005, 01:28:54 pm »

smokie is correct, though your're welcome to come to cheshire anbd stand outside stanlow oil depot and protest

what also drives up the cost is traders, often a tanker will change hands three, four, five times on its way from the gulf as it is traded between the twats in the city, many in opec have said that to remove them would take up to $20 a barrell off the price

i hope it goes higher so those oaps who drive at forty five every where are forced off the road as their pensions, to which i am paying towards, fail to meet the rising cost.

fuel is cheaper but you just got to but loads of it, i got a flyer offering it me at 67 p a litre but i need to use several 1ooo litres a week, as i don't run a haulage company there isn't much chance

Smiley

and i was rummaging around in the loft, when i found an original copy of the bible.....which was nice
fidget
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2005, 02:27:25 pm »

At Fawley and surrounding refineries, the distribution centre is owned and run by Esso.

Tesco, Total, Asda, Morrisons and BP lorries all use this centre, so it really wont make any difference stopping at certain places.

Sounds like a marketing guru is playing again, so that Shell can increase their market share ?

Waste of time, sorry Bob U
smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2005, 02:46:05 pm »

fuel is cheaper but you just got to but loads of it, i got a flyer offering it me at 67 p a litre but i need to use several 1ooo litres a week, as i don't run a haulage company there isn't much chance

Smiley

You could always start up a petrol station and resell it! I'm sure that the wholesale cost is much higher than 67p so I smell a rat.
Bob U
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2005, 03:37:29 pm »

Waste of time, sorry Bob U
No need to appologise Fidget. I was only passing it on out of interest. But it looks like the theory has been well and truly shot down in flames.  Sad

wishy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Shed's do track days!!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2005, 06:50:25 pm »

Having just returned from 2 weeks sun in south west France.

Based on the exchange rate of !.36E to the pound, sans plomb is £1 per litre.

Makes travelling around the Charente a lot more expensive than travelling around Surrey,Hants and Berks
Steve Pyro
Houx Annexe veteran
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

I see you Baby, shaking your Ass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2005, 07:35:57 pm »

Alternatively, you could become a gentleman farmer and install a tractor diesel tank.

Buy some of this http://tinyurl.com/9srse from 'Fuel Theft Solutions' and you're away................apparently.

Steve East Anglian cobras

fidget
« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2005, 08:43:30 pm »

Alternatively, you could become a gentleman farmer and install a tractor diesel tank.

Buy some of this http://tinyurl.com/9srse from 'Fuel Theft Solutions' and you're away................apparently.

your link doesnt work.

Try this then. Smokie

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/DIESEL-DYE-L-K-SPECIAL-OFFER-10-2000-LITRES-WOW_W0QQitemZ4570308472QQcategoryZ36799QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem
« Last Edit: August 24, 2005, 09:15:24 pm by smokie » Logged
Lorry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I won't join any club that'll have me as a member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2005, 08:53:49 pm »

The link works for me, but don't we want something that removes the dye from tractor derv (other than distillation which can be a bit explosive).

Yesterdays tankfull was £54.  I can remember when it was thirty bob

GENTLEMEN  -  Start your livers

For and on behalf of the Kent Kronenberg Owners Club
hgb
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

You don't win Le Mans - you outlast it.

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2005, 09:23:19 pm »

After about 5.000 KMs I refuelled last weekend and was shocked when I was asked for a full 50 EURs for just a tank full of go-juice by the smiling face behind the counter (what a w*nker). Yes, 50 EUROS !!! I have to add that most of the 5.000 KMs was done on gas. My daily driver is running on GPL/LPG and it's done it's job nicely for more than 100.000 KMs now. To invest another 2.500 EURs into a GPL/LPG installations seems to have been the best idea I ever had (if any). Running cost dropped considerably since the switch. BTW, WR (I know you don't like them) were testing a GPL/LPG racer and reached the GPL/LPG speed world record. 

I don't care - I'm a racing driver and I'm here to win, not to finish third.
Chris (Liverpool Boys)
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2005, 11:06:29 am »

Most of the supermarkets and no discript petrol stations buy there fuel on the spot market so it could be texaco one day bp the other and shell the next. They just go to the cheapest supplier

Bring on the low flyers
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: