Club Arnage
September 29, 2024, 11:36:08 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Your best ever road car  (Read 9429 times)
fidget
« on: August 19, 2005, 10:59:33 am »

Just looking at changing one of my cars and wondered what peoples favourite road cars have been.

I was looking at a second hand Honda S2000 to swop for the MGF, which is dying.

My favoutie car to date has been my Audi A4 2.5TDi, a company car which went back when i was made redundant a few years back. Nice leather interior and it went really well.
Abs
CA Veteran

Boys at TVR do it again!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2005, 11:06:37 am »

I have had three cars that I would say I enjoyed.

The first was a Rover 216 GTI, on a J plate. I was around 23 and it was my second company car, great fun to blat around the country in (just ask Ballast as he used it as much as me!!)

The second was a Discovery this was great for not giving a toss and chucking stuff in it.

The third was an old 205 GTI this allowed me to become a terrorist as it had been chipped etc...

Any married man should forget his mistakes. There's no use in two people
remembering the same thing
Lorry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I won't join any club that'll have me as a member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2005, 11:08:02 am »

I never thought I'd see MGF and Honda S2000 in the same sentence (damn I've just done it myself).

If youve got the thing on the left, you're looking at a comfortable shopping car (sad) as a road car and you can't beat a Ford Sierra.  It cruises at 80 all day, at 35mpg on petrol with a washing machine in the back, and still good after 120k miles from new

GENTLEMEN  -  Start your livers

For and on behalf of the Kent Kronenberg Owners Club
Simes
CA Veteran

194.7bhp mmmm..

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2005, 11:29:11 am »

The third was an old 205 GTI this allowed me to become a terrorist as it had been chipped etc...

Still have one of those and it is my favourite car - had it 5 years but has had some changes,
Just done a 2000mile trip to the Alpes for our holidays in her more room for the tent etx than in the CC.

http://www.showoffyourcar.com/galleries.asp?carid=135

jolly rozzer

hey im only a kid! dont judge me - please :(

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2005, 12:16:45 pm »

a good laugh is www.streetracersonline.com - tuning website that focuses on the chav part of the street racing scene - but has a few good pics of certain race and performance cars!

i didnt do it
pretzel
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

No Llamas here....

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2005, 02:55:56 pm »

Just looking at changing one of my cars and wondered what peoples favourite road cars have been.

I was looking at a second hand Honda S2000 to swop for the MGF, which is dying.

If you're looking at maybe an S2000 why not give the 350Z a look. That was my choice between the 2. The 350 is more civilised, has a lot more torque and much less twitchy on the limit (although still a bit of a handful in the wet). Excellent value for a 3.5 V6 and relatively uncommon. Only problem at the moment when it comes to secondhand is that residuals are higher than the Honda.

A man's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another drink - W.C. Fields
rcutler
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2005, 05:31:18 pm »

S200 is a pocket rocket compared to the 350z.

The 350x was supposed to be the UK version of the Skyline.
pretzel
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

No Llamas here....

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2005, 07:02:32 pm »

Not too sure about that Rick.... My 350Z has 2 seats, and is a similar physical size to the S2000. The Skyline is a 4 seat 4WD four wheel steer super saloon with a blown straight six engine, a bit like a big, very complicated Impreza - a great car if you like that sort of thing though.

A man's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another drink - W.C. Fields
fidget
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2005, 08:06:57 pm »

The s2000 is a drop top.

Just seen a Z3 in silver with red leather interior. Lush !
Steve Pyro
Houx Annexe veteran
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

I see you Baby, shaking your Ass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2005, 10:52:27 am »

Z3 in silver with red leather interior. Lush !

Oh dear  Undecided  Hairdresser ?

Steve East Anglian cobras

Snoring Rhino
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2005, 03:03:06 pm »

If looking at bmw z car - test drive an M roadster - the only one to have and comes without curlers, although you cant go wrong with the s2000 - next on my list, but the second generation - after 2001 are best, apprently. Alternativly if more of a classic, try looking at an 80's BMW 635 lots of motor for about 5-7k and a gem, another is an  Alpina B car, do an Auto trader search on them 9-10k for an 98 ( check out if they have the same probs with the Mtech eng managment system that needs replacing every 2 years).
Ron Jeremy
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2005, 05:27:06 pm »

Subaru

last forever, never break down, well one blew a hose at n'berg. still good dealers. lots of parts
just a silly spoiler,

or wait for the Alfa 159 like i am - and watch your residuals plummet through the floor like an Asian stock market crash
 Grin

and i was rummaging around in the loft, when i found an original copy of the bible.....which was nice
rcutler
« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2005, 06:15:51 pm »

Not too sure about that Rick.... My 350Z has 2 seats, and is a similar physical size to the S2000. The Skyline is a 4 seat 4WD four wheel steer super saloon with a blown straight six engine, a bit like a big, very complicated Impreza - a great car if you like that sort of thing though.

When I sat in the S2000 it felt like I was squashed and would not have been a comforatble drive for a long journey. The 350z was a car that felt bigger and would have been much more comforatble.

The Skyline comment came from Nissan not me. I would rather a second hand Skyline R34 than a 350z. My opinion though.
Abs
CA Veteran

Boys at TVR do it again!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2005, 06:33:31 pm »

[
When I sat in the S2000 it felt like I was squashed and would not have been a comforatble drive for a long journey.

Bloody hell Rick, you must have put some weight on since I last saw you. Wink

Have managed to get my 'slim' frame in one along with that of an 18 stone prop forward and had a very comfortable journey in a S2000.

Any married man should forget his mistakes. There's no use in two people
remembering the same thing
Nobby Diesel
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2005, 10:05:39 am »

No question here for me; it has to be the 911 C4 (996 model). Totaly drivable all year round, good residual, rock solid build and durability.
Just had the huge 48 month service done - £700, Including new main belt and brake fluid change. A s a long termer, the Porsche is definately a good bet financialy and a great drive.

If you can't fix it with a hammer, you have an electrical problem.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: