Club Arnage
September 30, 2024, 09:26:22 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Project for sale...  (Read 14386 times)
fidget
« on: August 18, 2005, 01:40:48 am »

Failed project for sale :

Early British Leyland car with all parts for completed project. Needed lots more time than i have, and more welding skills than my fella.

Options on price circa £500, incluses all parts Huh?
Ferrari Spider
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2005, 10:20:03 am »

would this be the mini project?
fidget
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2005, 10:39:36 am »

No, it was a joke reply to the man selling everything on clubarnage-bay.
smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2005, 01:00:43 am »

Whoops sorry fidget - I spilt this cos thought you had something else for sale, and were piggybacking on his post.

So I will use the join 'em button I have for the first time ever, and see what happens.

Sorry I spolit your joke  Undecided
smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2005, 01:04:49 am »

Err...where should I put it?

I can't remember where it came from.

Or shall we let it die slowly...  Cheesy
Ferrari Spider
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2005, 08:13:19 am »

Smokie, have you been home brewing again? Grin
Stu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2005, 10:27:41 pm »

Smokie, have you been home brewing again? Grin

He's getting excited about his caravan selling.
Ferrari Spider
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2005, 10:31:48 am »

Stu, do you think someone would actually by the van?
smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2005, 10:58:08 am »

I didn't think it would either, but actually I'm gobsmacked by the response to the van!!!

It ends later today. One couple have been to see it and made an offer (quite a good once actually). Also I've had quite a few emails offering to Buy it Now, but as an honest upright eBayer I have declined (there is no Biuy It Now price).

There are over 90 people watching it, and the page has had more than 2600 impressions (some of those are me, I know!). Around 60 people have mailed me for additinal pics.

The advert is very honest, to the point that you'd think it unsaleable, but it's currently on £205 (having started at £1, no reserve). Some bid retractions happened after I added additional honest comments about it.

I can't believe people buy something like this unseen...

On holiday, I was musing that it wouldn't sell (I really didn't expect mpre than about £50 for it) and I'd be calling the council for advice on how to scrap it. Now it looks like I will be able to fund the camping gear I'll need!!

Here it is. http://tinyurl.com/cvhkq
« Last Edit: August 21, 2005, 10:59:48 am by smokie » Logged
Ferrari Spider
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2005, 11:20:35 am »

Smokie, honest to a point Shocked  I see you've not made any mention of the goings on the van has been put through over the years going to LM for example.

The parties, the drunkeness, the music if you can call it that, stange people staying over just to name a few things.  I'm sure if the potential buyesr knew its history the price would rocket.

Hope it goes well, what do you intend to do with your new found riches?  Or has that already been decided for you Grin
Lorry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I won't join any club that'll have me as a member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2005, 05:10:26 pm »

Less than an hour to go, for this wonderful, luxurious, cheap home on wheels.  Once you've stayed in Le Mans for a week in one of these, you'll never go back to a tent, (till you look at the cost of a ferry).

I'm looking for a new one, but was planning on spending a little more, but how can you justify spending several grand on a tin box to sleep it off in for one week a year.  Quite easily really.

And the bids gone up a fiver since I started this
« Last Edit: August 21, 2005, 05:12:41 pm by Lorry » Logged

GENTLEMEN  -  Start your livers

For and on behalf of the Kent Kronenberg Owners Club
smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2005, 06:57:33 pm »

Well only one couple came to look at it and they ended up as buyer. It was at about £200 until the last couple of minutes, which were very tense. Each time I refrefeshed the page, the page hit count had gone up between 4 and 7 hits, so there were quite a few people hitting refresh. Only about 2 minutes from completion did the price start to motor, and this couple waited until 20 seconds before completion then stuck in the winning bid. Cool cats eh?

£360. Collecting shortly, paying cash.

I'm happy, very happy. So happy that I'm going down the pub tonight. Biut then it's Sunday, I always go down the pub on Sunday!  Smiley
Fran
The Wise One
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I'm a CA Goddess!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2005, 07:58:23 pm »

Dont spend it all in the pub Smokie, you can get a nice fancy tent for that amount!!
jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2005, 10:34:46 am »

In fact you could get a very nice tent, and a nice trailer so that you can still take your fridge and other niceties down with you.

FYI, a trailer on the Pompey - Caen crossing only adds about an extra £50. NOt sure how that compared to the 'van?
smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2005, 11:42:36 am »

Good point JP, I gave up even pricing Pompey routes a couple of years back as they were so expensive. I think it will still be true though - door to door Dover Calais is quicker for me (especially next year, when the new motorway is in place) and while I enjoy the camaraderie of the long crossing, the whole night with no sleep had a jet lag effect for a few days.

Plus I already have a couple of open tickets for Speedferries at £50 which take care of next year!

I have access to a moderate size trailer, but that somewhat defeats the object (and requires that I always have a tow bar).

Nice tent is definitely on the shopping list though - will be test driving a Tesco tent the daughter bought when I go to the Nurburgring but it's not really the shape I'm after. Been considering one of these http://tinyurl.com/85c6b. Lidl or Aldi had a similar one a bit back around the £80 mark IIRC.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: