Club Arnage
September 24, 2024, 07:17:46 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 24 mins du LM REGS!  (Read 9703 times)
Bobblehat
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

A racing we do go....

View Profile
« on: August 14, 2005, 12:24:43 pm »

As there were a few questions asked about this at Silverstone, here are the provisonal regs.

Bobblehat Racing’s
Le Mans du 24 Minutes

A few questions that have been raised whist Keith and I have been discussing these regs.

1) Is MB the best place to hold it?
We will have to block off most the campsite for about an hour, on which ever day we run. I think that will make us mighty unpopular with camping marshals, and fellow campers arriving.
2) Do we get the ACO involved?
We will need a suitable race track if don’t use MB , so do we ask for the ACO blessing and see if we can get an hour on say Prost Karting track, or the schools track near the Dunlop bridge (were all the little race cars)
3) Do we use this as a fund raiser for charities?
If the ACO are involved, or not, should we run it as a fund raiser. Each team has it own charity it is racing for, and the signing on fee goes to a local Le Mans charity.
4) Do we drop the alcohol bit?
There will be enough drunk people around, if we what to be taken seriously the race should not be look at as a piss up. Keith and I are a bit worried that, drunken Brits (and may be a few Dutch!) abroad have a poor enough reputation. Also we don’t want 16 stone of drunk driver crashing into some ones pride and joy.

The whole idea is that this is a fun event in the ethos of what camping at Le Mans is all about. But we do not want to cause any damage or disruption.

Constructive suggestions will be most welcome

Regulations

A 24 minute race for peddle powered go-karts teams

A) Mechanical regulations
1) The kart can only be human powered, either by hands or feet, or any other part of the human body.
2) Peddles, chains gears and/or cranks are the only permitted forms of power transmission.
3) No other form of propulsion is allowed: Electric motors, (battery or other means) steam, internal combustion, Hydrogen fuel cell, sails, jet or rocket are NOT allowed.
4) Minimum weight is 70kgs including driver. There is no maximum weight. Karts that are below weight will be ballasted with water filled bottles.
5) Karts must fit into a box measuring 2m long, 1m wide by 700mm high.   
6) There is no rule 6.
7) Carts must have a minimum of 3 wheels.
Cool An effective braking system must be provided.
9) Gearing is allowed.

B) The team
1) The team must consist of 3 drivers.
2) A four man pit crew one of which will act as team leader, all must be clearly identified, with Team Name and the words “Pit Crew”.
3) All drivers will be over the age of 18 years.
4) It is requested that each team entered must provide minimum of four “volunteers” to assist in the running and marshalling of the event.

C) Qualifying
1) There will be a timed one lap standing start qualifying session. The fastest time kart will take pole position.

D) The Race
1) The duration of the race will be 24 minutes long.
2) The Karts will form up in the classic Le Mans style start.
3) The race will be started by the dropping of the French National Flag, at 4pm local time.
4) Please refer to rule A.6.
5) At the drop of the flag (D.3.) all drivers will sprint to the karts from a point opposite their kart.

6) All teams must pit at least twice, and must change driver twice.
7) At each pit stop “fuel” will be taken on board. The standard “fuel” will be Kroneberg 1664. 1x33cl bottle has to be drunk by each member of the pit crew NOT Drivers, at each “fuel” stop.
7.1) The “fuel” will be supplied by each of the teams themselves, and there must be enough “fuel” to complete the race. This will be known as the Frank Beilla Rule
7.2) Alternative “fuel’s” can be used but these have to be authorised by the scrutineers.
Cool At each pit stop the pit crew must - after the Kart has stopped in its correct pit - in this order
8.1) Re-fuel themselves.
8.2) The driver must get out, the Pit Crew must pick up the Kart and rotate it horizontally 360o and place it back on the ground facing the right way. The new driver must climb in and rejoin the race.
9) No non-alcoholic drinks can be used. Any team found to be in breach of this rule will be punished at the discretion of the organisers.
10) The race will finish 24 minutes later with the waving of the checkerd flag.
11) The winner will be determined as the kart to have completed the maximum number of laps on/at or after 4.24pm (local time).

E) The track
Will be announced at Scrutineering.

F) Scrutineering
1) All karts will be presented to the scrutineers at 4.00pm Thursday afternoon.
2) Please refer to rules A.6. and D. 4.
2) Any replacement “fuel” will be checked at that time.

G) Signing on & fees
1) Signing on will commence at 3.30pm Thursday afternoon.
2) Fees are set at 1 bottle of Sancerre. Other bottles may be substituted, but only at the discretion of the organisers.

I) Prizes
1) A trophy will be awarded for the winners with a bottle of Champagne.
2) A trophy will be award for the winner of the concourse du elegance.

Ballast
CA Veteran

DON'T PANIC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2005, 07:27:52 pm »

We need to make this a sticky!

There is an art, or rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss!
smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2005, 12:23:10 am »

Ask nicely  Smiley
Paddy_NL
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Bleu Nord hooligan =)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2005, 01:52:44 am »

That's a lot of reading for this time of night.

First thing that I see is the minimum weight of 70 kgs incl driver.
That could/should be doubled at least I think.

And yes smokie, please... Roll Eyes

Paddy's 2009: Spa LMS • NBR 24 • Le Mans 24 • Spa24NBR LMSSilverstone LMS =(

Drinking for Holland
rcutler
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2005, 02:32:48 pm »

I like the idea of this  Grin

71KG and already race bicycles internationally Grin
Steve Pyro
Houx Annexe veteran
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

I see you Baby, shaking your Ass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2005, 02:52:19 pm »

We'll have to knobble you with a sharp knife then Rick  Grin

Steve East Anglian cobras

Kpy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

I'm a Le Manster

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2005, 03:23:29 pm »

Bicycles??

"7) Carts must have a minimum of 3 wheels."
JHarber
CA Veteran

LM07 we will be there!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2005, 03:37:36 pm »

were in for that and 70kg is a bit light really make it 100kg.

Did you know that 0.5% of the worlds population will visit a McDonalds every day!
Kpy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

I'm a Le Manster

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2005, 04:28:33 pm »

were in for that and 70kg is a bit light really make it 100kg.

"4) Minimum weight is 70kgs including driver. There is no maximum weight. Karts that are below weight will be ballasted with water filled bottles.
5) Karts must fit into a box measuring 2m long, 1m wide by 700mm high. "

So we're looking at three very heavy (or ballasted) lads on a fairy cycle with stabilisers.
Ballast
CA Veteran

DON'T PANIC

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2005, 08:42:58 pm »

There's only 1 Ballast  Grin

There is an art, or rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss!
Chris24
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2005, 09:58:40 pm »

3 drivers, 4 pit crew and teams expected to provide 4 volenteers to marshal ! By my count that makes 11 people per team. This may alienate a few potential entries as not everyone comes to Le Mans in a JPC size group.
Also not everyone has arrived at Le Mans by 4pm Thursday. I suggest either a later time or the next day for scruteneering.

Also what the hell is the bottle required for entry. Never even heard of the stuff.

Don't know about anyone else, but I think i have spotted a potential loophole in the rules. Anyone else spotted it yet ?
Fran
The Wise One
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I'm a CA Goddess!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2005, 10:07:59 pm »

In response:

Sancerre is a rather nice French wine

Is the loophole related to the driver changes?  Cool

As for 11 "person" teams, smaller groups/individuals could join together to make up the numbers  - perhaps a thread nearer the time to match people up?

Kpy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

I'm a Le Manster

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2005, 10:35:12 pm »

Also what the hell is the bottle required for entry. Never even heard of the stuff.

Don't know about anyone else, but I think i have spotted a potential loophole in the rules. Anyone else spotted it yet ?

Try a google - sancerre wine - you'll get 105,000 entries.
Loopholes - who knows, but you can probably nominate 3 drivers and use only two. You can probably argue that the vehicle does not have to be in running order to comply with reg. A)5 - it could mean that it must fit in the box in component form.
However there is no date stated for the race. Not possible to run the race on the Thursday, as scrutineering starts that afternoon at 4.00 pm , and the race starts at 4.00 pm and  finishes at 4.24 pm - when?.
Rhino
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Team Booze'n'tabs

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2005, 11:50:42 pm »

The wheels should all be the same size, or you end up with cut down bikes with stabilizers.

Never argue with an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Canada Phil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

The Moose

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2005, 01:27:09 am »

The wheels should all be the same size, or you end up with cut down bikes with stabilizers.
Great Rhino There goes my brilliant idea then Roll Eyes. I suggest the rules remain simple then we can see what some clever people come up with Huh Will the Karts be weighed at the end of the race. Also if the start is at 4:00pm surely scrutineering should be a few hours not a whole day before?

Canada Phil
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: