Club Arnage
September 29, 2024, 01:33:05 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Back from 1000ks  (Read 15745 times)
Bobblehat
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

A racing we do go....

View Profile
« on: August 14, 2005, 12:19:18 pm »

Great to meet up with every one a few thank yous are need

BOB U great curry on Friday Grin
A Zarse for the use of Commer and use of chopping board Cheesy
Ric I hope the finger gets better,
Doris, Hi Kiss
Keith and da Boyz Roll Eyes
Paddy for the great shelter Grin
Balast, for pointing out that I should go to bed on Friday, rather than hold on to table. Shocked

Hope everyone as dryed out - I am just about sober, I think, shoulder is giving me hell. Cry

Been to the hospital, had x-ray, shoulder not broken, just ripped ligaments and a slight discolation, so I am now all straped up, it is going to make the drive to Italy on Monday fun.........bloody guy ropes, bloody weather bloody wine...............
« Last Edit: August 14, 2005, 05:53:36 pm by Bobblehat » Logged

fidget
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2005, 01:58:05 pm »

Shame i missed it, but the Middlesex 7's were ace and the Cherry and Whites won. Plus it was under cover.

Did you get wet ?
Bob U
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

You're either at Le Mans, or waiting for Le Mans!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2005, 05:02:44 pm »

Just back, what a great weekend, wet but great. Good to see you all and put some more faces to names.
 The overiding memory?----- Saturday night sitting on a grass bank in the pissing rain watching Bobblehat give a masterclass in air guitar techniques.  Priceless. Grin  We must do it again sometime.

There is a corner of a foreign field that will be forever England ------ Houx Annexe

And the bastards have built on it.
Ballast
CA Veteran

DON'T PANIC

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2005, 07:27:05 pm »

What an outstanding weekend!!

As Bob has alreadu said, it's great to put names to faces.

Bobblehat - Dude! sorry to hear about the shoulder. If I'd known there was no way I'd have helped you lift that fridge into the back of your van this morning Wink

Bob_U - Many thanks for your generous hospitality and a wonderful curry. It helped sustain Dark Warrior, Doris and I through the wee hours of the morning.

Doris - I was glad to see that you gave up on the orange health drink shi*t and returned to a more sensible breakfast drink ....... Smirnoff Ice!

Dark Warrior - Outstanding company sir! and many thanks for the continued offers of the use of your clothing  Grin And whhen do I get the spin in the Lotus you promised me?

Keith - Great to meet you and many thanks for the lifesaving cup of coffee this morning. Without it I'm sure that Deliah would not have made it!

Mr Zarse - As always, a pleasure sir! I felt that your "call to prayer" alarm clock was befitting such an auspicious accasion  Smiley

Steve Zarse - Get that footage posted!

Fran - I would like to cangratulate you on being "moist"  Grin

Steve Brown - Who thoroughly enjoyed himself taking pictures of us in various stages of drenchedness!

Rick Cutler - Congratulations on your record for the quickest Club Arnage member to need hospital treatment. 45 seconds after arrival is pretty impressive stuff. Would also like to congratulate you on maintaining your sense of humour despite being in obvious pain and the relentless piss taking from the other 10 pissed idiots  Smiley

Paddy - Great to see you again!! I think the "outstanding achievment award" for services beyond the call of duty goes to you this weekend, for managing to create an improvised (and effetive) shelter so that we could watch the racing in relative comfort from the contents of your glove box! Cheers chap!

Best memory? There are loads, but I think it has to be the look on everyones faces when a guy came over to us about 23:30 and asked us if we could "keep it down, I'm trying to sleep" The look of complete incomprehension (is was that bad that Bobblehat forgot to hold the table up)on our faces along with a few sniggers and a few polite comments indicated to the gentleman that he was fighting a loosing battle at which point he retreated never to be seen again.

Once again thanks to you all for making it such a great weekend! Take care and hope to see you again soon!!

There is an art, or rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss!
Fran
The Wise One
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I'm a CA Goddess!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2005, 08:17:24 pm »

yes, yes and yes!  i agree with everything that has already been said.

i didnt get there till saturday morning but had a blimmin' good drenching in excellent company - a select but hardy bunch.  always nice to put a few more faces to names, including some of the ones i had previously met and misplaced names/faces to!

Special thanks for:

BobU for completing my Autosport Le Mans Supplement collection;
Steve Brown for merkin assistance - if ever CA put a team into University Challenge, he must be captain;
Bobblehat for showing me that air guitar can also be played by women (with the right kind of tuition of course);
Doris for being another woman who disproves the "women and motor racing" knockers;
Paddy for rescuing us just before we all drowned;
Dark Warrior for allowing me to tell the "bum bag" story yet again;
Delia for intellectual conversation (and  looking at his watch while holding a glass of wine!);
Rick for the CD - nice one!;
Mr Zarse for allowing me to fondle his bears leg and starting my Sunday with some spiritual uplift;
Gimp for leaving the mask at home and not frightening the bejezus out of anyone;
Not sure of his name, but special mention to the young air horn operator - someone's gotta do it;
Ballast for stopping drinking and going to bed even earlier than me so i didnt appear to be the lightweight of the group!

Apologies if i have missed anyone... but the reduced line of vision in a kagool may have been to blame ......

The GT race at 1 p.m. today was good fun too - glad i stayed for another moisture laden hour or two. 

GrinKiss - hugs!

P.S.  i look forward the bubblecar song lyrics!
« Last Edit: August 14, 2005, 08:27:17 pm by fran » Logged
Stranger
CA Veteran

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2005, 10:13:00 pm »

Came back at noon today after my short stop at Silverstone.
Here are the non-racing pictures I made yesterday.

The "pack" as seen from the nearest grandstand!

The young horn operator!

Fran after seeing food and beer Wink

« Last Edit: August 14, 2005, 10:14:45 pm by Stranger » Logged

Stranger on tour 2008: Paul Ricard (LMS) / Barcelona (LMS) / Silverstone (FIA GT) / Monza (LMS) / Spa (LMS) / Spa (Group C) / Le Mans (test day)/ Le Mans (24H) / Oschersleben (FIA GT) / Assen (GT Masters) / Spa (FIA GT) / Nürburgring (LMS) / Silverstone (LMS)
Fran
The Wise One
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I'm a CA Goddess!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2005, 10:38:32 pm »

Umm - thanks for two of those pictures, Stranger!!  Undecided  Shame we didnt get one of you in the wet t-shirt competition   Grin

Good to see you got home safely, i hope you enjoyed your 3 hours of luxury hotel accommodation.....
RichUK
CA Veteran

KK

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2005, 10:40:09 pm »

Well we had a great, albeit very wet time.

My only solace was that it was wetter and colder at Spa Smiley

I've come to believe that Le Mans is the centre of the universe.
Stranger
CA Veteran

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2005, 10:54:22 pm »

Shame we didnt get one of you in the wet t-shirt competition   Grin
The wet shirt can be seen on the first picture Cheesy

And those Hilton beds are very comfy Smiley

Stranger on tour 2008: Paul Ricard (LMS) / Barcelona (LMS) / Silverstone (FIA GT) / Monza (LMS) / Spa (LMS) / Spa (Group C) / Le Mans (test day)/ Le Mans (24H) / Oschersleben (FIA GT) / Assen (GT Masters) / Spa (FIA GT) / Nürburgring (LMS) / Silverstone (LMS)
smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2005, 01:18:52 am »

I really hoped to be there, except I was on holiday...booked to return on Monday (i.e. now)

Mrs S and I took the caravan to Cornwall - reliving old times - and when the weather was crap earlier in the week she said let's leave on Friday. I smiled inside, thinking the gods had thrown me a lifeline...

So as the weather improved (yes, I have yet another tan, she reckons it's my sixth holiday this year but I can only count four, plus some "work" trips) and I casually said "are we still going home on Friday", the ensuing Spanish Inquistion managed to winkle out my plan...

Suffice to say I didn't make it - but then you know that already - and, despite the inclement weather, I am really regretting it.

So, what's the next date in the calendar?

btw in case you care - the caravan is now on eBay. I can't afford to store it just for  1 week a year, and the bottom is falling out (damp). So next year I will be in a tent (any volunteers??? Wink ) but the pool will be at the top of my packing list...
Canada Phil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

The Moose

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2005, 06:01:58 am »

btw in case you care - the caravan is now on eBay. I can't afford to store it just for  1 week a year, and the bottom is falling out (damp). So next year I will be in a tent (any volunteers??? Wink ) but the pool will be at the top of my packing list...
Hi Smokie,
                I'd share a Commer with you Roll Eyes
Phil
hgb
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

You don't win Le Mans - you outlast it.

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2005, 07:39:27 am »

I was at the camping ground on sunday morning at 9:00 and there was a chap packing up his Vauxhal. I first thought it was Smokie. When aproaching I asked whether he was from CA and he said "No, no, no !!! They're just mad !!!" Grin He then added "Yes, mad... but in a very friendly way." I didn't want to wake anyone and went away to help packing up at RC.  Thanks for the lift on saturday, Paddy. What a great weekend. I'm certainly up for it again next year.  Cheesy

I don't care - I'm a racing driver and I'm here to win, not to finish third.
Fran
The Wise One
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I'm a CA Goddess!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2005, 08:18:42 am »

and the bottom is falling out (damp)....

How not to sell your caravan! - Chapter 1  Roll Eyes
Steve Pyro
Houx Annexe veteran
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

I see you Baby, shaking your Ass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2005, 11:54:40 am »

Yes yes yes - an excellant weekend and we actually managed to watch a bit of racing as well.

Thanks to -
Bob U for his wonderful curry - the chef was suitably attired also.

Andy Z for putting up with my snoring and providing breakfast fit for a king. 
The Commer really is a confortable (and dry) place.

Bob(blehat) - luuurvley wine.

Steve Z - late night entertainment.

Fran, Doris, Rick, JPC crew, Paddy, everyone else - providing plenty entertainment.

British Petroleum - lots and lots of premium unleaded for the cobra.

Incriminating photographs to follow  Grin

Steve East Anglian cobras

Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2005, 12:27:06 pm »

Got home in good time having taken a detour to pick a friend up from Heathrow, which was still in chaos. Can only echo what has been said so far.

Great weekend, foul weather, nice to see the cars, plenty to drink and eat, loads of laughs, a very exiting unplanned high-speed "journey" on saturday night and finished off with a great big headache on sunday. Nice to see you all and thanks to all for making it worth the trip.

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: