Club Arnage
September 30, 2024, 01:23:33 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Schumacher has a new Playmate  (Read 21492 times)
Ferrari Spider
« on: August 03, 2005, 11:14:22 am »

Its official.  Rubens is heading off to BAR with Massa filling the No 2 spot at the scuderia.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport/default.stm
amazing 1
Uncle Pervy Welshman
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Male Underwear Super Model Two BEERS Please

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2005, 05:37:26 pm »

I am not sure if this link will work,but here goes.

http://www.big-boys.com/pictures/picture1330.html

TURN 10 "YOUR SPOT IN THE SUN"

GO SHANE GO!!!

GO TEAM IMPALA GO !!!
Fax
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2005, 06:31:40 pm »

So basically they're replacing one wealthy Brazilian kid with another...
Fax
Ferrari Spider
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2005, 07:13:48 pm »

Just bizarre.  Obviuosly no one else wants to play second fiddle, can't see Ferrari going for the constructors championship next year with this line up. 
Fax
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2005, 08:20:55 pm »

Not a bad gig if you can be content being Schumacher's personal whipping boy.  If you see yourself as a contender for the title, your screwed.  I never thought Irvine or Rubens were anything more than journeyman drivers, maybe Ferrari see's this as the way to go
Fax
Kate Shaw
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2005, 08:47:15 pm »

One more promising career down the old craperroo.

Can anyone name me a single driver who has been the teammate of The German Fellow whose career hasn't ended up with an asteristk beside it?  Massa must either have been blinded by the dollar signs or yet another naive baby who fell for the old "of course you'll have equal equipment and opportunity ... "
Fax
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2005, 09:39:15 pm »

I don't know Kate, I've never seen anything in Massa that screams World Champion.  Look on the bright side though, we'll still get to watch Barrichello burst into tears every five minutes at BAR. Good grief, has there ever been a driver who weeps as much as this guy.  Grow some balls, figure skaters cry, not racing drivers....Jeez Cry
Fax
Dave H
CA Veteran

burrrrrrrrppppp

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2005, 03:12:38 am »

Grow some balls, figure skaters cry, not racing drivers....Jeez Cry
Fax

Unless they're flaming puppets of death!

I am now convinced either Kate is Fax's gender reassignment personality, or they need to have "I hate Schumacher" in their wedding vows...
Ferrari Spider
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2005, 02:30:41 pm »

Grow some balls, figure skaters cry, not racing drivers....Jeez Cry
Fax

Unless they're flaming puppets of death!

I am now convinced either Kate is Fax's gender reassignment personality, or they need to have "I hate Schumacher" in their wedding vows...

Ideally suited for one another
nice_person1
CA Veteran

Audis on rails

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2005, 02:39:46 pm »

Can anyone name me a single driver who has been the teammate of The German Fellow whose career hasn't ended up with an asteristk beside it?

Martin Brundle is, I believe, the only team mate who didn't stand up for any $hit or did actually give Herr Schumacher a run for his money.  Look how Patrese was destroyed by Schumacher after they booted Brundle out Roll Eyes   Schumacher was/is great pals with Brundle.  Having said that, this was all before Schumacher got all God-like and was able to call the shots.
Fax
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2005, 03:45:45 pm »

Agreed, Martin (I was as fast as Senna in F3) Brundle has probably given the best account of any of Schue-boy's team mates and as you accurately pointed out, at Ferrari its been his way or the highway. Look at how Benetton went into the crapper when he, Ross Brawn and Rory Bryne bailed to Ferrari.  For my money Rory Byrne should get as much credit as anyone for Ferrari's success in recent years.
Fax
Kate Shaw
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2005, 04:05:00 pm »

If you want to see Johnny Herbert's ears turn red and his eyes glitter with steel, just slip up beside him and murmur "Michael Schumacher".   Grin

Somebody remind me who the driver was that Senna vetoed (who would have been competitive with him) and whom they took on in that driver's place, who was, er, Massa light....

P.S. For real crybaby stuff, Helio Castroneves takes the prize.  Brazilians are just naturally emotional guys, I think.
Fax
« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2005, 04:21:09 pm »

Oh Kate!
Derek Warrick got booted out of a 1986 JPS Lotus drive by Senna, and Johnny Dumfries got the ride, and promptly did absolutely nothing with it.
Fax
Ferrari Spider
« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2005, 04:35:51 pm »

Fax, F1 relies on the whole team doing there bit, from the guys who do the refuelling to the ladies in the factory making the parts.  I can't imagine anyone is naive enough to think Ferrari success is down to one man.

If it is then that is Luca; who actually brought them together.  Mind you when the chips are down Mr Schumacher can always be relied upon to wring every ounce of performance out of the car, don't see many of his fellow drivers doing the same.

Nordic
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2005, 04:51:47 pm »

To be fair to Senna, at the time Lotus where hardly able to put together 1 car that could last a GP, try to run 2 top line drivers would have been beyond them, Senna knew that and blocked Warwick, I don't belive the Lotus mangement at the time fought very hard to get Warwick.

Not to sure how Warwick would of faired anyway, apart from his Toleman drives he never set the track alight in F1, his time at Renault was spoit by a poor car, but the best drivers always make a poor car better, right ?but did quite well in Jags and Pug's.

Some people will tell you that slow is good - and it may be, on some days - but I am here to tell you that fast is better.
H S Thompson 1937 - 2005
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: