Club Arnage
September 27, 2024, 07:17:37 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Refreshing F1  (Read 8966 times)
smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2005, 01:46:08 pm »

... but has anyone else noticed how many bike racers pluck their eyebrows?! 

Not a very blokey thing to notice Im afraid...  Roll Eyes
garystout
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2005, 05:55:01 pm »

Look, i was talking about the GP last, i didnt mean the whole season, sit back and try to watch without all the politics spinning through the mind and enjoy what little spectacle that this form of motor racing Sad affords Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Le Mans is for life, not just for Christmas
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2005, 07:16:12 pm »

Also good to see Ferrari making some gains. 

Why, Peter, in God's name why?  Huh

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
Ferrari Spider
« Reply #18 on: August 01, 2005, 08:09:44 pm »

to get some good reactions like this one Andy!!!  Hopefully Kate Shaw will have a bite to as i know she really is a schumacher fan Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
Kate Shaw
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 02, 2005, 06:12:21 pm »

Nice to see Kimi standing on the top step waiting to be hanged again (for God's sake, Kimi, CHEER UP!) -- but who was that ugly guy in the red suit standing next to him?   Shocked

I never watch races in which That German Fellow features, so all I saw was the highlights on Speed News.  The Speed World Challenge Touring Cars were more disciplined this weekend than that lot.  "Pinnacle of Motorsport" my foot.
Fax
« Reply #20 on: August 02, 2005, 06:31:42 pm »

Kate, which is worse, Kimi on death row or TGF jumping around like baboon?  Tough call.  In the immortal words of Woody Hayes, "Act like you've won before".  Never saw saw Fangio, Moss, Clark, Surtees, Stewart, Lauda or Andretti act anything other than dignified and respectful.
Fax
Kate Shaw
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 04, 2005, 08:49:41 pm »

As I recall, the "jumped up Bavarian brat" was jumping around like a puppet whose strings were in a knot the day that Senna died, celebrating his "win".  That could be apocryphal, but I do seem to recall it.
gab
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 05, 2005, 06:49:47 am »

As I recall, the "jumped up Bavarian brat"

Kate,

...Schumacher is not from Bavaria.
Ferrari Spider
« Reply #23 on: August 05, 2005, 02:29:56 pm »

My recollection of the whole weekend was that it was extremely sober Rubens had a big off in the Jordan and nearly died because he swallowed his tongue, Ratenzberger died on the Saturday. 

Four spectators were hurt when JJ Lehto's debris hit them in the grandstand.

Sounds like prejudice Kate.
Fax
« Reply #24 on: August 05, 2005, 03:41:00 pm »

I think I remember like Kate, Schumacher jumping around on the podium until someone suggested he tone-down his celebrations as one of his colleagues was in the hospital dying.  He's hasn't always been the most tasteful character, remember when he got his ass chewed for acting like a boob during the playing of the Italian national anthem?
Fax
Kate Shaw
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 05, 2005, 04:08:01 pm »

I think I remember like Kate, Schumacher jumping around on the podium until someone suggested he tone-down his celebrations as one of his colleagues was in the hospital dying.  He's hasn't always been the most tasteful character, remember when he got his ass chewed for acting like a boob during the playing of the Italian national anthem?
Fax

Yes, that was the source of my "Jumped up Bavarian Brat" statement -- the Mayor of a city in Italy referred to him with that phrase in his chewing-out of said JUBB for disrespecting the Italian anthem.  I know it was later pointed out that JUBB was not in fact from Bavaria, but the quote is accurate.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: