Club Arnage
September 27, 2024, 09:26:11 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Refreshing F1  (Read 8984 times)
garystout
CA Veteran

View Profile
« on: July 24, 2005, 03:36:19 pm »

How refreshing, a race in F1, nice to see Button beat Schumi in a straight race, then followed by Fizzy with a lap to go. As an armchair enthusiast, this is what the F1 fans wont to see and have paid good money for. Smiley Smiley Smiley

Le Mans is for life, not just for Christmas
smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2005, 04:44:01 pm »

Yup, it was the first motor race for a long time that I haven't fallen asleep to...
chrisbeatty
CA Veteran

Note to self, think of something witty.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2005, 04:47:54 pm »

Yup, it was the first motor race for a long time that I haven't fallen asleep to...

But surely it's almost a given when it goes on for 24 hours & you're drunk?? Grin
Fran
The Wise One
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I'm a CA Goddess!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2005, 05:24:32 pm »

Looked quite exciting - till you see the touring cars that are on telly next!!!   Shocked
Black Granny
CA Veteran

Please give generously, You know it makes sense!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2005, 06:44:32 pm »

Looked quite exciting - till you see the touring cars that are on telly next!!!   Shocked

Or the Moto GP bikes in the wet at Donnington!!

Mines a Gin & Tonic
Rusty
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2005, 12:15:30 am »

Or the Moto GP bikes in the wet at Donnington!!

I'll second that. F1 is unadulterated shite regardless of the result.
Rusty

The Brethren Rock
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2005, 11:46:30 am »

If that was the best F1 has to offer then it is doomed. For proper open-wheeler racing, one need look no further than GP2, it's far more worthy of my sunday afternoons than the usual F1 rubbish. I think Brundle made a similar comment during the race.

And as for Button overtaking Schumi, one must bear in mind the MS's tires were totally shot as he had (wrongly) chosen to go race on the softer compound. So not really a straight fight then. Huh

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
Kate Shaw
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2005, 05:51:52 pm »

Any podium without Ferrari is a good podium -- until the current generation of drivers retire, anyway.

I watched the ITV feed due to Speed Channel postponing the race til midnight this Friday  Shocked and was also much relieved to not hear "MichaelSchumacher" breathlessly repeated more than twice in five minutes.  I really do think David Hobbes is going for the record Paul Page established in being able to say "MichaelAndretti" six times in five minutes.

To paraphrase an old saying, the four best words in Formula One are "Michael is Slowing Down."
Dave H
CA Veteran

burrrrrrrrppppp

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2005, 03:41:42 am »

Any podium without Ferrari is a good podium -- until the current generation of drivers retire, anyway.

I watched the ITV feed due to Speed Channel postponing the race til midnight this Friday  Shocked and was also much relieved to not hear "MichaelSchumacher" breathlessly repeated more than twice in five minutes.  I really do think David Hobbes is going for the record Paul Page established in being able to say "MichaelAndretti" six times in five minutes.

To paraphrase an old saying, the four best words in Formula One are "Michael is Slowing Down."

Kate - you and Fax are destined for each other.  Perhaps we could set you guys up!  You have a lot in common.  The Petit perhaps? Wink
Kate Shaw
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2005, 07:50:09 pm »

I'll be at Turn 10 with the IMSA Talk people as normal.   Grin 

P.S. Should there be another Trivia Contest, the answer is "Simtek."
BryanC
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2005, 06:19:24 pm »

I watched the MotoGP before the F1 today and came to the following conclusion..

If F1 did not have the two idiots talking through the race telling me who was in front, who was running a light fuel,,,,blah,blah, blah, I would not know what was happening.

On MotoGP, it was best man, fastest racer and nothing in the way except pure adrenalin.

Even Bernie went home half way through the racen and last week Mr PR ( Kimi whatsisname) didn't even wait for an interview when he broke down last week - he went straight home.

And Indianapolis,,,,! Well nuff said.

C'mon guys - there is only one prpoer race held in June each year fit to be discussed on this forum.

Regards

BC

And you know what they call a... a... a Quarter Pounder with Cheese in Paris?
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2005, 12:50:39 pm »

What a dire spectacle.  Sad

Even Alonso got stuck behind a Minardi for ages due to the difficulties in overtaking a car some six seconds a lap slower than the Renault. And I too was amazed to hear that Bernie had left his "great entertainment" early.

And isn't this thread badly titled? F1's only refreshing in the same way as a glass of ice cold dog sick is refreshing: Everything is relative.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2005, 12:53:24 pm by A Zarse esq » Logged

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
Ferrari Spider
« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2005, 12:52:12 pm »

and also found time to have a chat with montoya through the car window on his way home, what a decent chap.
Fran
The Wise One
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I'm a CA Goddess!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2005, 01:20:10 pm »

Did I nod off and miss something, or did Alonso's nose cone spontaneously eject itself into the path of DC for no apparent reason?  Blimmin good trick if it did!!!

Still - at least it was only a minor distraction and I managed to complete my tax return yesterday afternoon!  That should please the Grannies anyway.

P.S.  The motorcycling on earlier was good viewing again, but has anyone else noticed how many bike racers pluck their eyebrows?! 
Ferrari Spider
« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2005, 01:34:49 pm »

Also good to see Ferrari making some gains.  It also nice to see Ron Dennis being happy for a change and not throwing his toys out of the pram when he doesn't have it all his way.  Shame they still can't build a reliable car. Grin Grin Grin
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: