Club Arnage
September 29, 2024, 09:21:44 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: This is dreadful and brings us down to earth  (Read 16263 times)
IanB
« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2005, 02:02:54 pm »

Liverpool boys are thinking of you all , please stay safe
Russ
CA Veteran

I think this is yours...

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2005, 02:08:18 pm »

Mobile Phone networks are down in London as they have been used before to trigger more bombs.

A Friend of mine works in the hospital spitting distance from Aldgate East. She's ok, but she'll be busy.

I doubt it's connected to the Olympic win. The G8 will be the reason today was chosen.

Prayers to those who have been effected.

Russ.

Fred Dibnah Memorial
Gland in the hand worth two in a Bush Tour 2007
Fax
« Reply #17 on: July 07, 2005, 02:17:12 pm »

Terribly sorry to hear about this guys.  Just caught wind of it when I turned on the TV this morning before leaving for work.  They had a counter-terrorism expert on and he was saying this has all the hallmarks of our buddy Osama's bunch.
Fax
ecurie
CA Veteran

Speed limit ? What speed limit ?!?

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 07, 2005, 02:35:57 pm »

It looks like this is a really "Mad Thursday", but for all the wrong reasons.
The killing of innocent people can never be justified.

Our thoughts are with the victims and their families
Kate Shaw
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 07, 2005, 02:40:31 pm »

Sobering stuff.  I'm going to work at the Molson Indy today and will be watching everyone around me.

My prayers are with evereyone in London especially the rescue workers and hospital people.  We Americans have your backs.
Snoring Rhino
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 07, 2005, 02:42:47 pm »

Bastards
Paddy_NL
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Bleu Nord hooligan =)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: July 07, 2005, 02:47:56 pm »

Just seen photos of the ripped apart bus, how anyone surived that I don't know.
Found this>>

Paddy's 2009: Spa LMS • NBR 24 • Le Mans 24 • Spa24 • NBR LMS • Silverstone LMS =(

Drinking for Holland
chrisbeatty
CA Veteran

Note to self, think of something witty.

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 07, 2005, 03:04:07 pm »

'Tis a sad day, 2 have been declared dead so far, I wouldn't be surprised if that figure rises.
All our thoughts are with the families & friends of those involved.

There is plenty of news going around but how much is true??  There seems to be too much guessing going around the media. I'll save my opinion until tomorrow, once the mass panic has settled a little & for some realistic news reports.

I only wish the former (& current) leaders of our country had been more diplomatic in the past couple of thousand years & maybe this hatred aimed at us would not be around today.

Just remember solving any problem is about prevention & not cure, retaliation is not an answer (as we can see from todays events), be safe out there.
Bub-Ah
CA Veteran

Limits exist only in people's minds. Just Dare!

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 07, 2005, 03:19:57 pm »

Damn, it’s unbelievable what is happening in London at this moment. I hope that no one of you is involved directly or trough friends ore families. Even trough I would like to wish all my English racing friends all the best!

Yours,

Bub-Ah
« Last Edit: July 07, 2005, 03:31:33 pm by Bub-Ah » Logged
Bob U
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

You're either at Le Mans, or waiting for Le Mans!

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 07, 2005, 03:28:54 pm »

What these bastards do not seem to realise is that the British public has lived with attrocities like this since the
 1960s when the IRA started its campagne of explosions on the mainland. We did not surrender to their violence and so we will not surrender now. Tragic as these events are,(especially for those directly involved) they only strengthen the resolve and determination of the British Public never to kow tow to the evil scum that wants to destroy our hard won democracy.

RULE BRITANNIA
« Last Edit: July 07, 2005, 03:51:36 pm by BOB U » Logged

There is a corner of a foreign field that will be forever England ------ Houx Annexe

And the bastards have built on it.
Neal
CA Veteran

That's put the Halibut amongst the Iguanas

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 07, 2005, 03:32:38 pm »

Well said Chris to much speculation on the radio & TV. To everyone in London I wish you all the best, and to anyone affected I am thinking of you at this time.

London and the UK we must not let these people win
Matt Harper
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 07, 2005, 03:53:36 pm »

What a hideous, evil and cowardly act. They're saying minimum 40 deaths and 300 serious injuries on the news here.
I think we're long past the time to get tough on this. I also think we've dragged our feet out of fear of offending immigrant members of our society.
I am an immigrant in the US and I am scrutinised very thoroughly. I am ALWAYS picked out of the line for extra security at the airport and I must advise the INS of the slightest changes in my circumstances and undergo very thorough questioning every time I enter the country.
I am very happy to do this if it makes things safer. It doesn't offend me.
We have people who we allow to live amongst us who are hellbent on murdering us. It saddens me to admit this, but I get nervous if any of my fellow plane passengers look middle-eastern.
Of course this might not be a religious fanatic attack - but I'd stake my mortgage that it is.
It's probably time to ask our middle eastern visitors to leave. I know that some will argue that this is a terrible thing to even suggest, but we just make it too bloody easy for murderous lunatics to hide amongst us.
I'm an infidel and f**k*ng proud of it.  

If it\'s good and fast, it won\'t be cheap. If it\'s fast and cheap, it won\'t be good. If it\'s good and cheap, it won\'t be fast.
tink
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 07, 2005, 04:21:03 pm »

i think the media have done a good job in delivering calm and understated reports. there doesnt seem to be widespread fear and panic. maybe we're not getting the full story but it doesnt seem as horrific as it might have been
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 07, 2005, 04:36:42 pm »

i think the media have done a good job in delivering calm and understated reports. there doesnt seem to be widespread fear and panic. maybe we're not getting the full story but it doesnt seem as horrific as it might have been

Agreed. Watched a bit on tv and there seems to be reasonable calm. There doesn't seem to be the ridiculous media speculation that we sometimes get on such occasions.

Having said that, this all makes me so angry and sad. I reckon whoever's responsible is going to catch it big for doing this little lot.

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
Nobby Diesel
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 07, 2005, 04:48:11 pm »

I fear we are being drip fed the full picture; probably because nobody actually knows the full picture at the moment.
A full scale emergency plan is in full operation in London, with the COBRA group having met twice today already. We have known for a very lomng time that this was coming, it was just a case of when and where.
For all those who object to carrying an ID card, SUS laws, CCTV and the whole Big Brother thing, it could well be time to reconsider any objection that you may have.

Show me the queue for ID cards, I'll be at the front!

If you can't fix it with a hammer, you have an electrical problem.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: