Club Arnage
September 22, 2024, 08:41:09 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Last Placed "Finisher"  (Read 4948 times)
jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« on: June 25, 2005, 11:56:07 am »

We had a sweepstake in our group to add a little but more fun to the results.

Overall Winner was easy, as were 1st and 2nd in each categorary.

There is however a booby prize for the last placed vehicle that was actually "classified" as a finisher.

Now, the ACO web site shows the No. 24 LMP2 as last, but it only covered 233 laps. As the winner did 370 laps, and to "classify" you have to have completed 70% of the winners distance (259 laps), so that rules out the No. 24 car and the No.95 TVR! Sop that takes us to the No. 30 Courage Judd, but that diod it's last lap in 6.05 and the regs state you have to do your last lap in under 6 minutes! Therefore, I reckon the No. 83 Porsche was the last placed "classified" finisher.

Am I right???
garystout
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2005, 12:01:43 am »

JP, wont the ACO official results confirm this Undecided

Le Mans is for life, not just for Christmas
jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2005, 06:10:36 pm »

Looking at their web site......NO!!

They list the cars I've mentioned. So it's all a bit of a mix up (I can't believe I'm saying that about the ACO!!  Roll Eyes)

Has anyone got any ideas where the correct results might be issued, without having to wait for the ACO results book. 2004's got to me in March!!!
Mr. Invincible Mou
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2005, 07:18:51 pm »

Hi jpc, the autosport results section confirms your original post and lists the No 24, 95 and 9 cars as "unclassified" meaning their list has the No 30 Kruse Motorsport Courage-Judd C65 as the final placed finisher.

Interestingly, the ACO have the No 9 Zytek placed in 12th position on 325 laps, but as it did a 7min 46second final lap it is probably going to fall foul of the percentage rules for final lap times.

It looks like the Autosport list is correct. Hope this helps.
smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2005, 10:18:21 pm »

What race? Did I miss something?
gab
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2005, 06:40:37 am »

Sop that takes us to the No. 30 Courage Judd, but that diod it's last lap in 6.05 and the regs state you have to do your last lap in under 6 minutes! Therefore, I reckon the No. 83 Porsche was the last placed "classified" finisher.

Am I right???

I think your right JP, if the No. 30 did it`s last lap in over 6 minutes then from what I have heard it also should be "unclassified". Not sure where I heard that from, could of been from Smokie, if that`s  the case then forget everything I just wrote. What would Smokie ever know about the last lap at LeMans.....he has never seen one!
smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2005, 09:07:14 am »

You're right gab, what would I know? Smiley

Mind you, I often heard snippets of rules 'n' styuff on RLM and remembered them for a nanosecond...but that's not one I recall now!!
Lawnmower Man
Homme de Tondeuse! 42%
Administrator
Club Arnage God

I'd rather have another Tropillama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2005, 09:54:08 am »

I heard the finish the last lap in 6 mins.  I htink it used to be  within 6 mins of the winner.
I guess they changed it to stop those cars limping round for a last lap.  I seem to remember thay have also intrroduced a rule to stop the cars waiting before the Ford Chicane.

t.

La Légend s` écrit sous vos yeux.
chrisbeatty
CA Veteran

Note to self, think of something witty.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2005, 03:01:44 pm »

I seem to remember thay have also intrroduced a rule to stop the cars waiting before the Ford Chicane.
Well it didn't seem to stop one of the Paul Bermondo/Gulf LMP2's from parking off circuit by the Ford chicane for a while only to get going again at 3:55...

Still one rule for the French teams, another for the rest.... Wink
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: