Club Arnage
October 05, 2024, 05:19:07 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Greetings, All  (Read 11408 times)
chop456
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Team YFDS

View Profile
« on: June 23, 2005, 08:24:26 am »

Well, it seems this is the place to be for LM discussion, so I figured I'd dive in.

Rob
34 y.o paunchy, balding male
Married (sorry ladies)  Wink
Chicago, USA
Unskilled Geek

Interests:

F1, Champ Car, Sports Cars, WRC

Favorite beer: The kind in my hand

Usual races:

Champcar wherever available, Sebring, Road America (ALMS, ChampCar, historics), Mid-Ohio, USGP  Angry  . Doing the Petit Le Mans for the first time this year.  Went to the French GP last year (first time to Europe).

I've a lot to learn, as we're planning a group LM trip for '06.  I'll be reading and learning a lot.  Brace yourselves for the oft-asked stupid question.  It's my speciality.  Grin

Cheers!

I stole DelBoy's lighter and lived to tell the tale.
Neal
CA Veteran

That's put the Halibut amongst the Iguanas

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2005, 09:38:20 am »

Welcome Chop, hope to see you next year at LM
Steve Pyro
Houx Annexe veteran
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

I see you Baby, shaking your Ass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2005, 10:38:11 am »

Welcome onboard chop.  Stupid questions are our speciality  Grin

Steve East Anglian cobras

Bob U
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

You're either at Le Mans, or waiting for Le Mans!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2005, 10:56:25 am »

And the occasional stupid answer. Welcome

There is a corner of a foreign field that will be forever England ------ Houx Annexe

And the bastards have built on it.
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2005, 10:56:03 am »

Hi Chop

Are you anything to do with the Turn 10 guys at Sebring? A few of us CAers (14?) were over there this year and they gave us great hospitality. They are planning a return match to LM in 06, you may well learn something from an American perspective by logging onto the www.sebringfans.com forum.

Hopefully there will be a few of us coming over to Road Atlanta in October, maybe we could hook up there?

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
chop456
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Team YFDS

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2005, 12:12:43 pm »

Hi Chop

Are you anything to do with the Turn 10 guys at Sebring? A few of us CAers (14?) were over there this year and they gave us great hospitality. They are planning a return match to LM in 06, you may well learn something from an American perspective by logging onto the www.sebringfans.com forum.

Hopefully there will be a few of us coming over to Road Atlanta in October, maybe we could hook up there?

I had a couple friends in Turn 10 this year, but they're not  turn 10 "regulars"  (or irregulars as the case may be Cheesy  .), nor are they part of our crew.  They just had a rather nondescript U-Haul with a blue tarp sunshade on top.

We camped further up the straight inside T8-T9.  If you saw a large "Your Favorite Driver Sucks" banner flying the Union Jack, U.S., Norweigan, Canadian and Ferrari flags, that was us.  Unfortunately, I spent a good part of Saturday afternoon at the Sherriff's office trying to claim one of our crew.  

Though I've a feeling Sebring will be sacraficed next year due to the planned Le Mans trip and spousal "feelings" [/shakesfist], I assure you we'll be at Road Atlanta in force Thursday PM 'til Sunday AM.  

We'll have a draught system too, so there's some incentive to come over and say hi. Cheesy  We can most definitely hook up.

I'll check out SebringFans.com, too.  Haven't been over there in a while.

Cheers!

I stole DelBoy's lighter and lived to tell the tale.
Warlock
CA Veteran

No... that's MY beer.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2005, 04:16:38 pm »

Another noob here, following my boy chop456 around like a lost puppy. He is in the midst of beating me over the head with airfare prices to France, as well as any other alcohol-related leverages he can use to get me to commit to LeMans '06.

My bio is basically a mirror image of chop's (above), except I live in a corn field in northwest Ohio. Oh... and I'm no longer "balding".  Undecided

...and if you think chop's got some dumb questions, oh boy... are you in for a treat with me  Grin

Yeah... that's right.
tomski1
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2005, 08:53:19 am »

Hi Warlock / Chop

Any questions will be answered withas much clarity as possible, depends on the time of day really, shame you can't hook up with a UK group and travel down from here, as that just add's to the fun.
Just returned from my 19th le-Mans in 21 years so I think I can help, but some of those were blurred somewhat !

Any daft questions, just feel free to ask.

downshift62
CA Veteran

We go to races!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2005, 06:42:48 am »

Hey Yall!

I too followed chop here.  

I have a full head of hair, and I from near Columbus, Ohio.  Grin I was with the Sebring crew the last couple of years too.  I live less than an hour from Mid-Ohio, so I caught the ALMS race there too this year.  

The plan is to hit LeMans next spring!  
jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2005, 10:12:13 am »

Welcome guys!!!!  Cheesy

I was one of the guys who made oit over to Sebring this year, and fully intend to be there agian next year. I'm hoping to make the Petit as well but still can't fully commit due to work commitments.

One thing is for certain though, and that is that I will be at Le Mans in 2006, so please make sure you call by Team JPC and say hello. We'll have a couple of fridges full of cold beers. You can even sample the now world famous Tropicoma cocktail!  Wink
Hardpoint

YFDS

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2005, 12:00:23 am »

Yet another of the Chop, Warlock, DS62 group hoping to make the trip next June. Hope to meet some of you at Petit this year and Sebring next spring before heading across the pond for the main event.

« Last Edit: July 27, 2005, 12:54:35 am by Hardpoint » Logged
downshift62
CA Veteran

We go to races!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2005, 05:18:26 am »

Yet another of the Chop, Warlock, DS62 group hoping to make the trip next June. Hope to meet some of you at Petit this year and Sebring next spring before heading across the pond for the main event.

Good to see you Hardpoint!

Go Bucks!
Fax
« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2005, 02:40:11 pm »

Good to see some Ohio boys onboard here.  I live in Cincinnati (This is the year the Bengals go to the playoffs...really)  Raised in Cincy but originally from Ashland (just north of Mid-Ohio)  long, long-time Mid-Ohio vet. Done more than a few Sebring, Petit's and one mosquito infested 24 hour race at Nelson Ledges (I know you Ohio guys are pissing yourselves laughing at the mention of that place).  Been to Elkhart (Road America) and a bucketload of Indy 500's.  All the Buckeye fans were out in force at Mid-Ohio last weekend for the bikers.
Fax
Hardpoint

YFDS

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2005, 11:09:10 pm »

Good to see some Ohio boys onboard here.  I live in Cincinnati (This is the year the Bengals go to the playoffs...really)  Raised in Cincy but originally from Ashland (just north of Mid-Ohio)  long, long-time Mid-Ohio vet. Done more than a few Sebring, Petit's and one mosquito infested 24 hour race at Nelson Ledges (I know you Ohio guys are pissing yourselves laughing at the mention of that place).  Been to Elkhart (Road America) and a bucketload of Indy 500's.  All the Buckeye fans were out in force at Mid-Ohio last weekend for the bikers.
Fax

I'm from Dayton (Centerville actually), just up the road. Been going to M-O since I was a little boy. It's killing me not having Champcar not on the schedule.
Fax
« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2005, 02:33:30 pm »

Hardpoint,
Well familiar with Centerville, lovely area.  I went to Anderson High School down in Cincy and when I was there back in the late seventies and early eighties Anderson and Centerville were the two perennial contenders for the state championship in mens soccer.
I think you got us in '78.  Been going to Mid-Ohio since 1971.  The '71 Can-Am was my first motor race, won by Mr John Young Stewart in a Lola-Chevy.
Fax
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: