Club Arnage
September 22, 2024, 07:36:53 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Driver Parade on Friday  (Read 3472 times)
nice_person1
CA Veteran

Audis on rails

View Profile
« on: June 21, 2005, 03:26:57 pm »

Am I the only one who is fed up with the pi$$ poor organisation of this ?  Angry

At least it didn't start 45 minutes late this year !  However, we had the "Arrley Boyz" yet again and then the old Corvettes yet again followed by a wait of about 20 minutes before the next drivers.

They should send all the drivers round once end to end, then go round again doing the interviews etc.  Different car ranges would be good.  How about Porche 911s or Ferraris through the years next time ?

I should say, I was very impressed by Allan McNish's french, and the dance troupe in the blue lycra  Wink
« Last Edit: June 22, 2005, 10:25:55 am by nice_person1 » Logged
Steve Pyro
Houx Annexe veteran
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

I see you Baby, shaking your Ass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2005, 06:31:02 pm »

I have to agree wholeheartedly.  We've 'endured' the drivers parade for too many years now.  Piss up and brewery spring to mind.

The drive out of the underground car park after the parade is 'amusing' though.  Ten V8 engines making the most of the 'acoustics'.  Grin

Steve East Anglian cobras

Chris24
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2005, 11:56:44 pm »

OK, just for you "Nice Person 1"

* Lycra_Girls.jpg (68.2 KB, 800x531 - viewed 267 times.)
smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2005, 11:57:26 pm »

I watched Nishy being interviewed during the Tuesday scrutineering and his French was excellent. He was thinking in French - no lag while he mentally translated everything.

Mind you, I was able to understand quite a bit too, so maybe it wasn't so good after all!!! Smiley
Chris24
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2005, 11:57:27 pm »

However, these will do nicely for me ! Grin

* HT_Girls.jpg (47.7 KB, 800x531 - viewed 220 times.)
nice_person1
CA Veteran

Audis on rails

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2005, 09:43:01 am »

Thanks Chris24  Wink

I'm going to be a bit controversial here, but the Hawaian Tropic girls just don't do it for me.  Yes they are pretty, but they just smack of arrogance, pre-pubesance(sp ?) and mascara.  The dancers were more "real world" for my liking.
Kate Shaw
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2005, 02:00:36 pm »

The only real complaint I had was that I couldn't see much -- too short, need to bring step stool next year.  The Phil Bennett supporters near us were very funny and Phil appeared to enjoy being singled out (and the beer they handed over to Kruse Racing too).

Although I do believe "organized" was a rather extreme word for what definitely looked like it had been arranged about 5 minutes earlier with whoever came round wanting to be in the parade, it was worth the trip in.
nice_person1
CA Veteran

Audis on rails

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2005, 02:12:46 pm »

...it was worth the trip in.

Agreed.  The ramblings of the pony-tailed twerp on the podium always amuse..."Extrordinaire !!!!"....."Superb !!!!"...."Officielle !!!!"...."Ooh La la Oh Yeah !!!...."Pescarolooooooooooooo !!!!"

A meal in the old town too is nice, before getting back to warm water, steak hache and those odd and thin spicy sausages  Tongue

Were you on the grassy knoll ?
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: