Club Arnage
September 22, 2024, 05:20:22 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bus from town to the track on Friday night  (Read 3126 times)
nice_person1
CA Veteran

Audis on rails

View Profile
« on: June 21, 2005, 03:21:19 pm »

Who was on the 11:30 bus where the side window "fell out" ?

I especially liked the song about no loo paper sung to the tune of the French national anthem, but hated the constant stink of farts  Grin

The squeeze to get on the bus was a tad worrying though  Shocked
smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2005, 12:05:49 am »

"...constant stink of farts

The squeeze to get on the bus was a tad worrying though"

Maybe the two were related?  Grin
nice_person1
CA Veteran

Audis on rails

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2005, 09:44:53 am »

True Sir, but from the state of some of that lot, I was more worried about the squeeze causing another typeof eruption !  One guy was propping himself up on a "borrowed" Stella Artois beer parasol Grin

Not much compostering went on as we boarded !
Robspot
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2005, 11:12:29 am »

We foolishly got the bendy bus from circuit to town at about 6pm on the friday. It was full of drunk dutch people singing endless songs and the most offensive BO I have ever encountered. I was sweating from places I didn't even know I could sweat from. Needless to say we won't be doing that again.

I always stay too long. Long enough for something to go wrong
Jay (Team Cannonball)
CA Veteran

Guided by a force greater than curry.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2005, 03:29:06 pm »

We walked out to Arnage and got the bus into town from there. It goes from right outside the Fosters bar, so you can get a cold one in while you wait.

Unfortunately we had to get a taxi back after one our number fell off the underground carpark height restriction post whilst watching the parade. He messed himself up pretty badly and lost his sunglasses in the process. Heights and Stella don't mix. You think he would have learned after he fell off a billboard whilst watching the start two years ago.

Needless to say he had to fork out for the taxi.

Kate Shaw
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2005, 01:47:01 pm »

We were on a bus full of competing musicians from Holland and Aston Villa supporters -- very funny group but I have to agree that free deodorant might have been a useful giveaway before boarding. Smiley  One of the AV people had a voice so loud that he made my ears buzz just the way the F1 cars do.  He must be great fun at a football game.

I was both surprised and pleased when a British gentleman offered me his seat on the bus.  This may mean that I looked elderly and frail but in any case I thought under the circs his mum would be very proud of him.
nice_person1
CA Veteran

Audis on rails

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2005, 02:19:25 pm »

That must have been the same bus as us.  Did you see the window get "punched" out by that Dane ?

I thought the bus had hit an overhanging branch but then my wife shouted scross that the winodw had been punched out by some Dane.  The driver must have spotted it, because as soon as we got back to the circuit, the waiting gendarmes got in and went straight for this bloke...
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: