Club Arnage
September 22, 2024, 05:27:12 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Houx Annexe  (Read 8386 times)
Nordic
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« on: June 21, 2005, 01:33:05 pm »

There seemed to be a more prats on the HA than in recent years, speed on the site has always been a problem but we felt it seemed worse this year.

f**k*ng gopeds and scooters driven by cretins trying to squeeze between parked cars on that vital trip to the shower or loo 50 meters away where also major wind up in our area, one group manged to piss of everyone around by the constant reving and ongoing maintance of their tiny masterpieces.

Special mention must be made to the cretins who felt the need to run their generator 24 hours a day. I know it was hot and a fridge does seem to have become the latest must have, but everyone else seemed to find the off switch at some point or at least made an effort to sound proof.

When a polite request was made turn it off, a firm no followed by a threat, complete arseholes.

We also had a number of items stolen from our campment on sunday afternoon, just little things like chairs and and a shower, not important but annoying.

Maybe I'm getting too old for this camping lark.

Some people will tell you that slow is good - and it may be, on some days - but I am here to tell you that fast is better.
H S Thompson 1937 - 2005
Bob U
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

You're either at Le Mans, or waiting for Le Mans!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2005, 01:44:37 pm »

Got to agree with you about the gopeds Nordic it did seem a lot worse this year. It dosn't help when they can be picked up for less than £150 on e-bay.

Never had anything nicked in all the years I have been on there and I didn't see anywhere near the usual amount of pikeys this year.

There is a corner of a foreign field that will be forever England ------ Houx Annexe

And the bastards have built on it.
Russ
CA Veteran

I think this is yours...

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2005, 01:53:57 pm »

Fortunately we weren't too near the scooter guys but they were constantly zipping passed. All good fun if you're not camped next to them, but I can imagine it wouldn't be fun to be next to them the whole time! Didn't have anything going walk about but Sunday afternoon there were a few pikeys scavenging items from the rubbish bags left behind by the early leavers. Didn't look like they were eyeing up stuff that wasn't in bin liners though.

Quite a few vans driving round looking for left over BBQ's and garden furniture though. Always best to keep your 'f*ck off' tape maintained throughout.

I did think the motorised sofa was a top class effort. Indicators, break light, little side lamps! Fantastic!

The Lotus guys beer bottle mountain was first class. It could be seen over the top of a transit van it was so high!

Nothing has put us off being in HA, but perhaps we've just been lucky.

Fred Dibnah Memorial
Gland in the hand worth two in a Bush Tour 2007
Nordic
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2005, 02:06:45 pm »

This was the first year on the Annexe that we have had any problems at all with fellow campers or theft, which I guess is why it was more annoying.

All of the others around us where great guys from the channel Islands or up north you expect to meet on the site.

I am sure we will be back next year.

Some people will tell you that slow is good - and it may be, on some days - but I am here to tell you that fast is better.
H S Thompson 1937 - 2005
rdj-pics
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2005, 04:06:10 pm »

There seemed to be a more prats on the HA than in recent years, speed on the site has always been a problem but we felt it seemed worse this year.

f**cking gopeds and scooters driven by cretins trying to squeeze between parked cars on that vital trip to the shower or loo 50 meters away where also major wind up in our area, one group manged to piss of everyone around by the constant reving and ongoing maintance of their tiny masterpieces.

Special mention must be made to the cretins who felt the need to run their generator 24 hours a day. I know it was hot and a fridge does seem to have become the latest must have, but everyone else seemed to find the off switch at some point or at least made an effort to sound proof.

When a polite request was made turn it off, a firm no followed by a threat, complete arseholes.

We also had a number of items stolen from our campment on sunday afternoon, just little things like chairs and and a shower, not important but annoying.

Maybe I'm getting too old for this camping lark.

I was part of Nordic's party and the generator was a bit of pain, it ran out of petrol sometime on Sunday night, so I managed to get some sleep.

The people that where reving and maintaning there gopeds and scooters only turned up late on Friday afternoon and where gone by the time I got back at about 5pm on Sunday, it seemed an awful lof of effort for such a short trip.

It was my chair which disappeared sometime on Sunday afternoon, for some reason they took that and left the beer......
chrisbeatty
CA Veteran

Note to self, think of something witty.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2005, 06:33:02 pm »

Camping on HA went ok this year, we were in the second field towards Tetre Rouge (not our preferred spot)

We had a camper with a very noisy genny behind us who wouldn't accomodate us at all.
There was a Ducati bike who's alarm kept going off but the battery was pulled after an hour or so of trying to turn it off.
One of our tents got smoked out by a group that turned up on Thursday but got an apology in the morning & it turned out one of them was Tony Brooks who ran a couple of XJ220's in '95 so we all got a nice cooked breakfast & some new friends!! Smiley

We didn't suffer any theft & the mopeds weren't near us but the sun heated the tents to unbearable temps by 8-9am so there were no lie-ins. Sad

Or maybe I was too young & too drunk to get miffed about anything Wink
Steve Pyro
Houx Annexe veteran
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

I see you Baby, shaking your Ass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2005, 06:37:15 pm »

We were next door to Bob U and concurr that the pains-in-asses with the mini motors were rather tedious.  We did, however, spot a nicely gravel rashed pair of hands / knees / elbows on Saturday though.

Our marquee had the closed side to the site track so we avoided some of the dust but we normally keep it well dampened down.

Finally, apologies for our noisy, exhaustless '32 Ford hot rod ...... and our arsonistic activities on Sunday night - no car burn outs though  Cool

Steve East Anglian cobras

Nordic
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2005, 06:43:45 pm »

Finally, apologies for our noisy, exhaustless '32 Ford hot rod ...... and our arsonistic activities on Sunday night - no car burn outs though  Cool

that was a good noise, much better than the pathetic phut phut of a generator.

H S Thompson 1937 - 2005
DMN
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2005, 11:12:51 pm »

I found the major problem with the campsite was how busey it was from the last time (two years before) me and me old man stayed on it. This year we arrived four hours earlier to find most of the space gone.

I must thank the fellas who came round with the venison some time of sunday (or was it saturday), I would have at the time but I sleeping off the effects of some beer, as it was a very tasty bit of meat.
fatboychris
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2005, 01:07:45 am »

One of our tents got smoked out by a group that turned up on Thursday but got an apology in the morning & it turned out one of them was Tony Brooks who ran a couple of XJ220's in '95 so we all got a nice cooked breakfast & some new friends!! Smiley

If any of them read this, my apologies for being a bit drunk on Friday night, but please don't smoke out the tents, set the car alarm off beside my hungover head, and then stand there talking about what went wrong!!!!!!!!  Other than that, good lads!!!
Perdu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

llama's in the basement mixing up the medicine

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2005, 10:23:42 pm »

My group had a great time on the Annexe, except some thieving batrast stole our mate's genny on friday night. Hope it turns and electrocutes the scumbag Angry

Great points, most of our neghbours were quality Steve and the Cobras a case in point and BobU gents all!

There were a bunch of posey prats driving their dad's best cars though! Flashing high intensity headlights into your neighbours eyeballs at dusk is always guaranteed to annoy...
Handy Hint: if you were a Porker driver in a silver one, some of the piss scent MAY be valetable away. Believe me you can piss all over a Porsche, many times a night!

Angry

"Ha ha you can't a fool me, there ain't a no sanity clause!"
Robspot
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2005, 12:52:18 am »

I'm a little confused how anyone camping so close to very noisy cars can have their sleep disturbed by a generator. It was my first year on MB right next to the Porsche Curves and we were treated to lovely throaty roars and 15 million watt floodlights to keep us amused, and I still managed to get to sleep.

Perhaps you Annexe boys are a bit light on the beers?  Wink

I always stay too long. Long enough for something to go wrong
Perdu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

llama's in the basement mixing up the medicine

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2005, 12:59:19 am »

The Annexe is of course reserved for the gentleman camper these days. Ones butler can make all the difference to the expeience don'tcha know?

Err do you think it was stolen (our genny) by some blancobrain that wanted sleep?Huh??

We never even ran it after dark but when I needed to get the breakdown guy out the Battery on my phone was falt and no other way to charge it up..... (fume fume fume.....)

Cool

bill

"Ha ha you can't a fool me, there ain't a no sanity clause!"
Robspot
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2005, 01:03:12 am »

I hate it when my battery's falt  Roll Eyes Wink

I always stay too long. Long enough for something to go wrong
Perdu
CA Veteran