Club Arnage
October 06, 2024, 08:23:32 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Another Newbie  (Read 6626 times)
MarkJ
CA Veteran

View Profile
« on: June 20, 2005, 06:43:57 pm »

Hi All,

well I guess I should add my hello's as I am new around here.

I was at Le Mans in 2002, just before my company shipped me off to the good old US of A, since then I have been making do with RLM over the net, Speed channels coverage and tales from my friends back home who are still making their annual pilgramage.  

Well not being there this year was just too much, so I will be there in 2006, so joining here now just gives me 12 months to find more people who's beer I can drink Smiley

Just so you know, I found CA after someone sent a shout out on RLM, I had a look around and you guys look pretty cool, so I figured I should join up.

Mark.
Frisco, Texas, USA.
Matt Harper
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2005, 08:44:34 pm »

Hi Mark
Welcome to the forum - a bit quiet today as most of the regulars are still traveling back from France. Are you English?
There are just a few ex-pat members living in the US - me included.
I'm in Orlando FL and my brother Dave is up in Indy. Neither of us could make it this year.
Other US regulars are John Evans (also in TX), Pigeon (Miami FL) (Amazing) Randy (also FL based) - a couple of others from the Sebring Turn 10 crew, VWGTiFan - oh and the Moose (Canada Phil) from America Lite. I know I'll have forgotten someone so apologies in advance. In addition to Le Mans, we do a few of the ALMS races here - next one, of note that attracts a few of us will be The Petit Le Mans at Road Atlanta in the Fall. We're even expecting a few die-hards from UK to join us for this one. See if you can get over to GA for this race - if you haven't been, it is the sh*t - not to be missed.  

If it\'s good and fast, it won\'t be cheap. If it\'s fast and cheap, it won\'t be good. If it\'s good and cheap, it won\'t be fast.
MarkJ
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2005, 09:17:36 pm »

Hi Matt,

Thanks for the welcome, I figured it would be quiet today, so I could get my intro out of the way without everyone noticing Smiley  And yes I am English, grew up less that 5 miles from Longbridge, which I think is where the petrol in my veins came from.

I had noticed that there a few US based people on here, I just didn't know if they were ex-pats, people who had drifted into Le Mans through US sportcars, or something else, so it is good to see some names and know some f you are in the same boat as me Smiley

I had been looking at the ALMS races thinking I needed to get to one to see how it compares, but I think GA may not be do-able this year as my wife is due about 3 weeks later, and I can imagine the phone call - "Mark! the baby is comming early!.... That's nice dear, I'm watching cars...Click Buzzz" Smiley  

I will keep my eyes open though to make sure I don't miss any USA gatherings I could make it too.

Mark.
Boj_DFH
CA Veteran

I've been Drinking For Holland (2004,2005)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2005, 09:46:56 pm »

Another Newbie here Smiley

Saw a lot of club arnage flags so i thought, let's have a look..

I've been Drinking For Holland (2004,2005)
Matt Harper
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2005, 10:47:08 pm »

but I think GA may not be do-able this year as my wife is due about 3 weeks later, and I can imagine the phone call - "Mark! the baby is comming early!.... That's nice dear, I'm watching cars...Click Buzzz" Smiley  

Yup - this is a familiar scenario - Check out Dave H's postings - self same reason he missed Le Mans this year - It's got a lot to answer for, this October shagging lark.

If it\'s good and fast, it won\'t be cheap. If it\'s fast and cheap, it won\'t be good. If it\'s good and cheap, it won\'t be fast.
Mr. Invincible Mou
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2005, 12:38:18 am »

Yup - this is a familiar scenario - Check out Dave H's postings - self same reason he missed Le Mans this year - It's got a lot to answer for, this October shagging lark.

Heck, since I found some of those really interesting websites, there is no chance of me getting anybody pregnant, I'm just always too busy  Shocked Wink

Anyway, welcome Matt, DFH boys are good to know if you fancy your beer, but JPC is up for the special cocktails  Grin
jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2005, 11:11:14 am »

Other US regulars are John Evans (also in TX), Pigeon (Miami FL) (Amazing) Randy (also FL based) - a couple of others from the Sebring Turn 10 crew, VWGTiFan - oh and the Moose (Canada Phil) from America Lite. I know I'll have forgotten someone so apologies in advance.

Hmmm........only Fax!!!!!!!  Roll Eyes  Wink
Matt Harper
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2005, 01:07:29 am »

Ohforfucksakes.
Brain fart, sorry John.

johnevans3
CA Veteran

Howdy Pardner

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2005, 02:57:31 pm »

Hi Mark, I'm just getting around to the "Just to say Hi" thread.  I'm glad to get another "Texan" (even if you are a transplant" on this deal.  The old saying is "I may have not been born here but I got here just as soon as I could."  Anyway, welcome to CA and welcome to Texas. 
I'm in the Tyler area so if you are over this way, give me a shout.
John Evans
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: