Club Arnage
September 22, 2024, 01:38:29 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hello Hello I'm Back Again  (Read 19520 times)
Black Granny
CA Veteran

Please give generously, You know it makes sense!

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: June 21, 2005, 09:30:25 pm »

All Black Grannies back at their desks checking all those fictious stories we were told about your tax returns.

Will post the amount raised for British Heart Foundation as soon as  get the total back. As I type this the collecting boxes are on their way back to London to be returned for counting.

Sorry for the poor turnout at the 'poo bar but the rest were too p*ssed or hung over from the previous two nights- no stamina!
Thanks for your support everyone.

Mines a Gin & Tonic
johnevans3
CA Veteran

Howdy Pardner

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 21, 2005, 09:52:07 pm »

Well, I got back to Houston last night and then drove 220 miles to home.  I am at work today but totally wiped out.  I will recover over the weekend.  It was a great weekend and for the second time in a row ( I've gone to Le Mans two times now), I can say that it was a great, great time.  MANY THANKS go to all who made me welcomed and comfortable.  My time in the "West Wing" servants quarters couldn't have been better and I'm trying to decide who cooks better Jimmy or Chris or Ian or Brian or Lisa.  (All were great by the way)
It was good to see some of you guys again and to meet some new folks.   Great conversations with lots of really nice people and I think Andy Zarse and I think too much alike.  We must be related somewhere back in time.

Thanks to all for helping this ole yank out at the most awesome event I have ever attended.

P.S.  I just tried to tell you guys to wait until the end of the race to buy those T-shirts with the little green guppies on the front because they would be cheaper after the race.   Grin Grin  I am just thankful that it is a 24 hour race and not a 22.5 hour race otherwise the "guppies" would rule.
Mr. Rick
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Mulsanne on a sunny June Sunday; it's a hard life!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: June 21, 2005, 10:06:24 pm »

Spare a thought for three of the MB possee who are STILL on Maison Blanche as I type this on Tuesday evening!!

They had the misfortune to lose their car keys (no spare set - long story!), and the arranged replacement set got lost by DHL and now not due to arrive at the ACO until Wednesday morning.

Poor feckers!
Robbo SPS
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Go Your Own Way

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: June 22, 2005, 01:52:07 am »

Another great time.

Knackered after the return evening home with new girlfriend !! Tongue

Stories and tales to tell, maybe i'll saviour them for a few months to keep the boards ticking iver.

Managed to take 3 packages to le mans that retuned ! Jem , Jerry Flint and Chris Beatty !!

More later.

Take life by the horns and live it.
Robspot
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 22, 2005, 10:32:48 am »

Back at work today  Sad Sad Sad

Head feels like it has been stuffed with tons of cotton wool (it hasn't) and certainly no business decisions will be taken until at least next monday. Sleep deprivation may be cool at La Sarthe but it's not back home.

Due to varying states of intoxication I managed to miss most CA events (particularly JP's party) but at least I made it to the Poo Bar where I was able to take advantage of the most reasonably priced champagne (Not!)

Hello to everyone I met, in particular (and only because I can remember your names) Robbo SPS and the very lovely Kate, Team Zarse (and top marks go to Steve the Gimp), Dark Warrior (met on a random street corner in Le Mans), Mr. I, Canada Phil, Smokie, Gab, Abs, Chris Beatty, Paddy NL, The Liverpool Boys, Rick Cutler and Tink, Tom DG (met him three times at the poo bar - I think the tropicoma was still playing it's part), Del Boy, Steve Brown, Fran and the Rhino Boys.

The only unfortunate events of the weekend were not meeting BigH, our piss poor excuse for a generator dying on saturday night and my mate having food poisoning all weekend.

See you at the next reunion somewhere in a pub in England.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2005, 12:40:39 pm by robspot » Logged

I always stay too long. Long enough for something to go wrong
Jay (Team Cannonball)
CA Veteran

Guided by a force greater than curry.

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 22, 2005, 11:14:00 am »

What a quality weekend. Firstly a big hello to Bobblehat, Tom DG and Whitey. My apologies for not making it up to the poo bar but Fridays exertions at the parade (I lost my voice, shouting at the drivers - it was worth it, my manky hat has more signatures than a michael jackson law suit), combined with the heat of Saturday left the Cannonball crew feeling a little weary for another trek from BSJ to the track. Instead we went out to arnage corner and watched the race into the earlier hours. It was the first time i gave done this and i would highly recommed to go and watch the race there at night. The noise and atmosphere was amazing.

I can't wait for next year.
Neal
CA Veteran

That's put the Halibut amongst the Iguanas

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 22, 2005, 12:09:23 pm »

Jay

Good to meet you, Looking to hgave a small BSJ reunion at Silverstone if you can make it

Cheers

Whitey
Jay (Team Cannonball)
CA Veteran

Guided by a force greater than curry.

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 22, 2005, 03:02:48 pm »

Whitey,

I'll be there for the LMES race and the 24 hour Britacr race. Hope to see plenty of you at both these events, make up for my shameful no show at the poo bar.

Jay
Perdu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

llama's in the basement mixing up the medicine

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 22, 2005, 03:32:48 pm »

Well hello too, I am home at last. My clutch pipe broke going down the road before Gace but my co-driver whose stint it was refused to give up there (Robbed me of a pleasant night at the "Etoile d'Or" but never mind) and took us all the way to HA where we effed about at fixing it in "spasms" all weekend. (My plan b was to get the pipe fixed Monday, guess what, we got the pipe fixed Monday) then shot off to Caen and the Normandy beaches for an emotional visit to Arromanches.

Met so many that an attempt to list them all will be guaranteed to fail. Rhino Smokie, Robbo Andy and many others great to meet you. Steve and the Cobra Boys perfect hosts again and BobU, thanks for the pyrotechnics mate!

Fran, what can I say? Dragged Smokie around all the camp sites to meet as many of us as possible and finally met me some time after midnight. My mate said "one minute he was here then some bird came along and dragged him away, as usual he didn't take much dragging!"

There was also a bit of noisy car racing stuff, but I think they closed down overnight, weren't very noisy at all when I fell apart/asleep/adrift...  Smiley

Moped Man, change your handle son, I think you can climb up a stage along the evolutionary ladder, nice lad.

Last big note.... Paddy, what can I say? Thanks for offering the beer,next year I will pace myself better and we will have a couple, OK?

Got home 21.20 Tuesday night (20 minutes later than estimated but that M25 is no picnic is it?)

Hey let's do it all again next year, OK?

"Ha ha you can't a fool me, there ain't a no sanity clause!"
Steve Pyro
Houx Annexe veteran
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

I see you Baby, shaking your Ass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: June 22, 2005, 03:52:26 pm »

Glad to hear you got the clutch pipe sorted Bill.

Steve East Anglian cobras

Mr. Invincible Mou
« Reply #40 on: June 23, 2005, 12:44:56 am »

Blimey Mr Invis - i was asking about your whereabouts all week - didnt see u at the poo bar either - were u using your cloaking device?!

Funny that fran, I was looking forward to meeting you, but we just seemed to miss each other at the poo bar  Sad Embarrassed

For some strange reason, I have yet to find myself on any of the poo bar pictures which have been posted, yet I know I was there coz I had to hose down outside my tent on Sunday morning  Shocked Sad Must have been the heat  Lips Sealed Wink
Perdu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 23, 2005, 12:52:21 am »

Glad to hear you got the clutch pipe sorted Bill.

Thanks Steve, could you tell I was underwhelmed by it unlike some of our group? Grin

bill

Robspot
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 23, 2005, 01:12:53 am »

Missed you as well Perdu. What time were you at the Poo bar? I must admit I was a bit late.

I always stay too long. Long enough for something to go wrong
Perdu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 23, 2005, 02:02:18 am »

Missed you as well Perdu. What time were you at the Poo bar? I must admit I was a bit late.

Well, robspot I was late too but because our redhot steaming chili took longer to get to the plate than expected...
 'Twas getting on for 23 30 ish when I inally found fran at the appointed place and a few CAers. It was rather like a miracle. we found the first four then they all tumbled into vision.........

fran pointed me at moped boy after just introducing me to Paddy. A great time had by all I think....
 Wink

bill

Chris (Liverpool Boys)
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 23, 2005, 02:04:18 pm »

Sorry didn't get to meet you bill wanted to see the midget but too many beers and too little time maybe next year.

Also Steve Brown did i talk to you at the poo bar??? Can't remember but I dont think I was that hammered THEN!!!

Bring on the low flyers
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: