Club Arnage
September 22, 2024, 01:34:03 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hello Hello I'm Back Again  (Read 19513 times)
Gordonwr
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2005, 06:35:55 am »

Well that's another one over with, time to start planing for 06! It was good to put some faces to the names on here after Sat night at the Poo bar. The best thing about getting back was to have the use of a real bog!!!!
  The race was another good one  up to the last couple of hours when it was all to play for in every class, didn't RML do a fantastic job, a great result for them.
 Anyone know what happened to the T2M Porsche, as it looked in a bit of a mess but didn't find out why.

Always go into a corner too fast, in case it turns out to be a quick one!
Piglet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2005, 09:36:45 am »

We also got back in the early hours of this morning - I've just had my first real shower for over a week - I wondered what the smell was  Grin.

Managed to miss some of the traffic with a deviation around Evereaux (sp?) rather than plodding up all of the N138 - then bizarrely managed to get ourselves upgraded for free on Speedferries so we were the first car off the boat - not sure how that happened!!!  

Fantastic time as ever, the weather was stonking, did the normal stuff, start, sunset, terte rouge in the dark, sunrise, finish and podium - fair play to the Danes and their HUGE TK flag!  

Bit of a downer on Sunday morning, Jase got clipped by a car on MB campsite and fractured a bone in his foot - the car didn't stop, he didn't think that there were any witnesses but if anyone saw anything perhaps they'd let me know as his insurers are keen that the Police treat it as a hit and run incident.  He gets to stay in Tours until today when his insurers will fly him back on Ryanair with this plaster cast across three seats!  

Roll on next year - the place just gets better and better - I'm sure it must be my spiritual home!  This was our first time on MB - the atmosphere was fab with all the Brits and the HUGE camp settlements, the fireworks over the weekend and particuarly on Sunday night were great - to be honest I'm running out of words to use to describe it all!  I guess it was just immense and the world would be a far poorer place without it!!!  

It was also nice to meet Kate after a number of years hanging around the same internet forums - she's flying back to Canada today so hopefully get's a good trip back.  

I should also add our thanks to Kate for helping us to dismantle and pack Camp Piglet - we were were already one man down and were struggling to get it all packed up in time to leave for the ferries - thanks Kate - we really couldn't have done it without you.  

Here's to next year - perhaps a bit cooler so I've got a fighting chance of staying hydrated!  Grin

« Last Edit: June 21, 2005, 03:01:58 pm by Piglet » Logged
Fran
The Wise One
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I'm a CA Goddess!

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2005, 10:05:59 am »

Blimey Mr Invis - i was asking about your whereabouts all week - didnt see u at the poo bar either - were u using your cloaking device?!

Was lovely to meet everyone, without doubt a lovely bunch of people.

As for the low profile of the DFH boys - i could only see the top dutch flag from Camping Bleu - tho i dont actually have photographic proof - due to being utterly c**p with a camera.

F

P.s.   I am not home yet - but back on british soil at least - trying to adapt to being on other side of the road again..... only gone wrong a couple of times so far.  
Bob U
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

You're either at Le Mans, or waiting for Le Mans!

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2005, 10:23:09 am »

Got home late yesterday afternoon after listening to my three passengers snoring like pigs for most of the journey.
 Poo bar, great to put faces to names, too many to remember.
 Blazing hot, June, middle of France at the worlds greatest motor race and I spent the best part of half an hour chatting about skiing, very strange.
Great to meet you all but must say a big thanks to the East Anglian Cobras for saving us a camping spot, much appreciated.

There is a corner of a foreign field that will be forever England ------ Houx Annexe

And the bastards have built on it.
Dark Warrior
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2005, 10:45:38 am »

Well, all over for another year.... Cry Hope everybody is back safe and well...

Am knackered, burn't to a crisp and even after a very long time spent in the bath feel that a further soaking may be required...  Shocked

As always have some great memories of another great, great weekend...

Great to see so many of the forum members :

Big H, Sav, Uncle Albert and the rest of the group... A pleasure as always..
Robbo and the SPS Crew - Good to see you all again.. hope you got the car sorted...
Paddy - Great to meet you... Your set up was just awesome...
JPC - Great to have made your acqaintance... Great encampment guys...
John Evans - Nice to have met you... safe trip back to the States...
Everybody else I met - Fran, RobSpot, Smokie...

All the very best to all...

DW

DW
Snoring Rhino
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 21, 2005, 11:06:22 am »

That’s better, a bit more awake now, great weekend, great company with the SPS crew, Rick, Steve, Tink, Dan, and Rob, DFH, etc etc. MB was great with many in close by; Poo bar was great for putting a few more faces to names, John Evans, Perdu, Dave, Moped Boy and his Dad, Andy and Lee, the Landlord of my local (Huh?).

It's not my local but I know him. It's John. smokie

The fridge hung in until Sunday morning then just collapsed with exhaustion.
The inner tube shower worked ok in the evening after some sun, but as it got hotter and hotter the long hose warmed the stand pipe water enough on route to be just nice.

Sorry we didn’t make it to the JPC do, just too knackered after our through the night drive down. The route back up to Rouen on KPY's instructions was spot on. Stopped to help a couple of lads in a 911 with a busted alternator, first spotted trying to push it up the final slip road into Rouen - just couldn’t drive by. So very late to Hotel but still managed to get a good meal opposite the Cathedral at midnight!!

Speedferries spot on the way back, shame about the 6 hour delay on the way out.

Looking forward to trying to get to Sebring next year.

Cheers to all.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2005, 08:59:50 pm by smokie » Logged
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 21, 2005, 11:23:43 am »

Just to say all Zarses are back in one piece, sunburned, hungover and looking forward to next year.

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
Paddy_NL
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Bleu Nord hooligan =)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: June 21, 2005, 11:54:13 am »

pictures of our adventure start dropping in now, hence our cap on the Dome Grin

Paddy's 2009: Spa LMS • NBR 24 • Le Mans 24 • Spa24NBR LMSSilverstone LMS =(

Drinking for Holland
Bobblehat
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

A racing we do go....

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 21, 2005, 12:20:50 pm »

That last of Bobblehat Racing has finaly got home, ME. What a B**t*rd of a journey, seamed to get stuck everwere 9hours to Speedferries, what with the supegadgets top speed being about 64.27 mph, we missed the boat. Ended up on the 11.30 Seafrance out of Calies..........................

But what a weekend I would like to saw a big thanks to Ian for getting Mr Aero (Pierre) to the LM Station.

Hi to JPC & Paddy_NL (what a camp you lot put up) Whitey, Team Canonball, Doris (day break at TR next year?) Smokie, John Evans and his two freinds from Texas, Canada Phil. there must be so many more, but I lost too many brain cells.

Roll on 2006, poss see some of you at Silverstone 1000k?

redstu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Buuuuurp!

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 21, 2005, 12:39:34 pm »

Arrived back at 8pm last night - felt great until I got in the door then the tiredness hit.
 It had been an easy day and I had 3 hours lying in the sun at CDG airport thinking about DIY dual function beer coolers and gazebo air con units and theorising about solar powered air conditioning - I think the heat was getting to me.

The effect of the "power up" had definetely worn of at 10 as I worked up the energy to go upstairs for a shower and was nearly knocked over by the force!

Thanks to JPC and the crew for a great weekend ,  Paddy and the DFH for the stage with the impromtu band on Friday.

It was great to put faces to so many names, next year I'm sure I'll even remember most of them.

Stu

Steve Pyro
Houx Annexe veteran
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

I see you Baby, shaking your Ass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: June 21, 2005, 06:25:20 pm »

Hi ho,
All cobrateers are now back in Blighty - and without any car related incidents or speeding tickets either.  We avoided the N138 on the way north and had a CRACKING drive though long straights and sweeping country roads, topped off with a rather fine luncheon.

Great to see everyone again.  Plus our cold beer strategy worked this year.  Thanks to Monsieur Chenet for delivering our marquee and generator.

A bargain was the 19 euro pool with 12 pissed people wedged in it on Sunday after the race ................... and the highlight, our traditional Sunday night bonfire.  The old white wall tyre burned a treat and thanks to those that donated plastic furniture.
Sorry about the toxic fumes though  Embarrassed

Steve East Anglian cobras

BigH
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

They've lumps of it round the back.

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 21, 2005, 07:22:51 pm »

Well, it all got a bit hectic. It was always going to be a subdued effort from our crew, for various reasons, so I consider the high points to be, in chronological order:
Being nicked on the way down, the timing was just right - it could have been much worse.
Almost severing a finger with a breadknife on Saturday, a lovely chap at the first aid spot helped me out with this one, although it wasn't clear (at least to me) why he needed to be wearing Doc Martens.
Having a front blowout while sitting on a ton on the way back. This focussed my attention marvellously, a handful of  car slewing all over the road at high speed put any thoughts of constipation right at the back of my mind. Had there been anyone alongside or behind, it would have been a different story.
Missing the ferry, due to a lengthy effort with the spare tyre.  -I was indebted to a brit car that stopped, when my co-pilot jumped out in front of him (although probably not as much as my co-pilot), with his jack we got the spare on. They also missed the boat...
It was great to see one and all again, and thanks once more to the Liverpool Boys for always guessing when a cold beer was needed.
I'm hoping to stop sweating by the weekend.
H

Always with the negative waves Moriarty, always with the negative waves...
Brian(Liverpool boys)
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 21, 2005, 09:10:59 pm »

Just arrived back after the bloody injector pump blew up at Jullie, piggy backed to port and again from Pompey to Liverpool, god bless the RAC, must say that the ACO, where cr*p as was the garage that they sent out to us, he prodded a few water hoses and asked for the cars service record book then forgot to give it back, so Mr Prodder I will get your phone number and you can post it back. but I must thank the  lady at the ACO, that helped us out, seems that she was the only one that could speak English, on duty at the time who was very good in trying to resolve our problem.

But even these events do not detract from a great time that we had, to all we met and those who gave Paul a run in their cars, I thank you for adding to that pleasure, and making a first timer very happy.
Regards to all.
Brian.

To make your dreams come true, you have to stay awake.
More Low Flyer's anyone.
Lawnmower Man
Homme de Tondeuse! 42%
Administrator
Club Arnage God

I'd rather have another Tropillama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: June 21, 2005, 09:15:44 pm »

I'm back but the microwave failed this year  to the heat.

For some reason the pikkies left is too.  May they do have a clue Since it was full of dud bulbs and CDs. Grin Grin

t.

La Légend s` écrit sous vos yeux.
RS2 Babe
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 21, 2005, 09:25:21 pm »

Kiss Kiss Kiss

So happy that you and your gang are back Brian and sorry about the lack of a translater when you needed one!

The answer to this is simple and it also adds to my 'Hello I'm Back' story.......next year you pack up on the Sunday after the race and drive just 2 hours to our place for a decent shower or bath, a good nights kip and another fantabulous meal cooked by me and Jimmy.

I am so pleased that Paul enjoyed himself, what a really lovely lad.

Speak to you soon

RS2 Babe
 Kiss Kiss Kiss
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: