Club Arnage
September 22, 2024, 01:28:04 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hello Hello I'm Back Again  (Read 19499 times)
smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« on: June 20, 2005, 09:58:53 am »

What a tremendous week.

What scorching weather.

What a great bunch of people you all are.

Roll on 2006!!!

More later...  Smiley
ecurie
CA Veteran

Speed limit ? What speed limit ?!?

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2005, 11:00:23 am »

God, it hurts to be back at work.

Still, I can look back on an excellent Le Mans, altough not too happy with another Audi victory.

Good show by the two Nissans on the Houx Annexe roundabout on friday night.
Abs
CA Veteran

Boys at TVR do it again!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2005, 11:52:32 am »

Just got back, what a great week and excellant race.

Bit concerned I may have left my liver somewhere in Maison Blanche, hopefully I'll get to pick it up next year Cheesy

Any married man should forget his mistakes. There's no use in two people
remembering the same thing
mgmark
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Fun is not a straight line.....

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2005, 01:35:44 pm »

Got back safe and sound at 0330 this morning after a reasonable run (if very hot in the MGA) back via Boulogne.   Nightmare traffic jam at Rouen led to a couple of bouts of fuel vaporisation, but otherwise an uneventful run back from yet another marvellous year at Le Mans.

MG Mark

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." Mario Andretti
Snoring Rhino
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2005, 03:28:17 pm »

We're back safe - Kn***ered, gone to bed.
dukla
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2005, 03:29:03 pm »

Got back safe and sound at 0330 this morning after a reasonable run (if very hot in the MGA) back via Boulogne.
Seems like I must have ignored you on Speedferries last night? (Black Honda Coupe) Apologies - was struggling to stay awake!

Was disappointed with the low profile of the DFH folk - barely visible from Karting N (as witnessed by attachment if I get it to work). {/edit No I can't - here is a link instead http://www.dukla.plus.com/p6190013.jpg }
« Last Edit: June 20, 2005, 04:29:09 pm by dukla2000 » Logged
moped boy
CA Veteran

beer makes life btr, its pretty bad so drink more!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2005, 03:29:45 pm »

Just woken up. great to finally meet most of you, although some people were rather shocked to find out that i actually existed! great fun! see you next year if i can!

Life is short, Party Naked!
mgmark
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Fun is not a straight line.....

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2005, 04:12:10 pm »

Seems like I must have ignored you on Speedferries last night? (Black Honda Coupe) Apologies - was struggling to stay awake!

No worries - you wouldn't have got much response, as I didn't bother to struggle to stay awake and went to sleep instead......  Grin

MG Mark

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." Mario Andretti
Stu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2005, 04:57:52 pm »

I've just rolled in the door. Will unpack a few things then of to work. Will do the rest tomorrow. Thanks to The Liverpool Boys for hospitality. Thanks to Team JPC. What a night, what a show, cheers Mark, you deserve a MBE  (or a OMB Order of the Maison Blanche) for your organising. Thanks to the  RS2's for the use of the Pool of Life. Great to meet friends old and new. Roll on next year.
jc_nl
CA Veteran

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2005, 07:07:05 pm »

Was disappointed with the low profile of the DFH folk - barely visible from Karting N (as witnessed by attachment if I get it to work). {/edit No I can't - here is a link instead http://www.dukla.plus.com/p6190013.jpg }

if next year you come and stay on MB I am sure we can find a solution (including the flag, you, tiewraps, ducktape en what ever else is needed) to stop the flag from being blown away  Grin

(it was supoosed to hang between the scafolding and the truck but we couldn't sucure it properly that's why it was where it was)

LM 2005 quote:

Turn the sound down!!!!!! I wanna SLEEP!!!!
Paddy_NL
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Bleu Nord hooligan =)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2005, 10:32:57 pm »

Hiya Smokie Grin
Home safe home here too. Just parked up the truck and had a shower at home (nothing like that, is there Wink)

It was ever so nice to meet all of you! Great to see RobboSPS and Smokie again, and an honour to meet all the guys from TeamJPC, Beermountain, Rick and family (thank your father again for the help on the ignition, Rick!), the PopeMobile-men, Team Zarse (strange humour:)) and ofcourse Fran. And that was only Maison Blanche. Saturdaynight PooBar was great, I realy met too many people in such short time. It was a nice place too, even tough the piling of the beer glasses made me count to 12 pints in four hours Undecided

With less work to do for preparation I am already looking forward to 2006. Yeeha! Grin

ps. Didn't say goodbuy to JPChenet, I'll call you soon mate!

Paddy's 2009: Spa LMS • NBR 24 • Le Mans 24 • Spa24NBR LMSSilverstone LMS =(

Drinking for Holland
hgb
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

You don't win Le Mans - you outlast it.

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2005, 10:42:41 pm »

Thanks Paddy for getting a beer for me at the bar on saturday evening (I must have been desperate, it was bloody hot). I'll have a few cold ones for you at the Ring. Did you read the bit about Danny the Bear on DSC ? RfH was one of the teams who made it for me this weekend. It looks like Jan even makes it into the ELMS, excellent.

I don't care - I'm a racing driver and I'm here to win, not to finish third.
Paddy_NL
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Bleu Nord hooligan =)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2005, 12:58:05 am »

Ooh yes hgb, Jan told the Dutch somewhere April Racing for Holland would finish the LMES series for this year. Plenty more surprises are gonna come out of his magic hat apparently. Rumours lead to Ferrari (??!?) and he's not denying.
But yes, I'll be at Silverstone, and our group will have a small reunion at the Nurburgring. No scaffolding or draftmachine though Undecided
And I'll be driving Embarrassed
« Last Edit: June 21, 2005, 12:58:42 am by Paddy_NL » Logged

Paddy's 2009: Spa LMS • NBR 24 • Le Mans 24 • Spa24NBR LMSSilverstone LMS =(

Drinking for Holland
Mr. Invincible Mou
« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2005, 01:27:58 am »

Hi all, just got back about two hours ago (that journey seems to get worse every year Sad ), did some unpacking and had a decent shower. Now I have to get some sleep Kiss

Great to meet those of you I did at the Poo bar, although I am going to have problems remembering all the faces, as I can only just about remember the actual night  Shocked  I am sure it will all come back to me soon.
chrisbeatty
CA Veteran

Note to self, think of something witty.

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2005, 03:44:36 am »

Just got in an hour or so ago, looking forward to a proper shower!!  Smiley

Met some of you over at the poo bar on saturday. Regards to...the t.w.a.t.s, team zarse, smokie, fran, black granny, robspot, steve brown, robbo sps & moped boy(!!) amongst others. Shame the numbers weren't higher, or was I just too late getting there?!?!

Weather was great (but made the beer a little too warm Sad )
Racing was good (apart from the last hour or so when they all started cruising)
The action at the roundabout by HA on Friday was ace. If anyone has photo's of the guy who fell over in the road & got a round of applause please forward them on, for blackmail purposes!!

Congrats to Tom Kristenson for his 7th victory & JJ Lehto for winning 10 years after his win in the McLaren F1 (what will he be driving in 2015??

Roll on 2006 & the year for the DBR9's to finally take the crown of GT1!! Grin Roll Eyes
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: