Club Arnage
September 22, 2024, 01:34:54 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Who won in GT1?  (Read 9596 times)
jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2005, 11:21:30 am »

As far as I am aware, it has always been in the Aston's diary to do the Petit. Should be one hell of a showdown!!  Just hoping I can work it to be there for it!

With regard to the race, the Aston's certainly had the pace over the Corvettes, in the same way that the 'Vette's had it over the Aston's at Sebring. In both races it came down to the fact that these are endurance races. You can lead for the whole race until the last couple of hours and still lose. That's part of what makes it so interesting. I believe at one stage there was 45 seconds between the four cars. Now that's what I call racing!!! The fact that all four categories had rea;l races taking place as well made this, for me, one of the best races I've experienced!

Am I disappointed that the Astons didn't win.....of course, but at the end of the day, you have to hand it to the Yellow machines that they have proven again that their reliability and experience has won the day and they should be congratulated for it!
Nobby Diesel
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2005, 12:15:33 pm »

I have to agree (he said, pulling a face like a bulldog licking piss off a thistle).

I too am hoping to be there for the Petit.

If you can't fix it with a hammer, you have an electrical problem.
Matt Harper
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2005, 04:23:09 pm »

As far as I am aware, it has always been in the Aston's diary to do the Petit. Should be one hell of a showdown!!  Just hoping I can work it to be there for it!

Hi Mark
Where is this info coming from? I've searched www.astonmartinracing.com and www.americanlemans.com and come up with nowt. Or is this straight from the horses mouth?

Regarding getting here for the Petit, the offer still stands - if you guys can get to either O'town or Atlanta, we'll take care of the rest of it.

Question - why do you appear in so many other folks pix?

If it\'s good and fast, it won\'t be cheap. If it\'s fast and cheap, it won\'t be good. If it\'s good and cheap, it won\'t be fast.
smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: June 22, 2005, 09:01:53 pm »

"Question - why do you appear in so many other folks pix?"

Answer - cos it's hard to appear in your own...?  Smiley
hgb
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

You don't win Le Mans - you outlast it.

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 22, 2005, 10:52:45 pm »

Correct answer !!!  Grin
« Last Edit: June 22, 2005, 10:55:37 pm by hgb » Logged

I don't care - I'm a racing driver and I'm here to win, not to finish third.
Matt Harper
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 22, 2005, 11:10:06 pm »

Yes, I asked for that one I suppose. Touche, Smokester.

Let me re-phrase - JPC seems omnipotent, in that his gnarly boat appears in just about everybodies piss-up pix - talk about putting oneself about a bit.

If it\'s good and fast, it won\'t be cheap. If it\'s fast and cheap, it won\'t be good. If it\'s good and cheap, it won\'t be fast.
Andy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

I'm not a llama! I'm a Le Mans'er

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 22, 2005, 11:10:39 pm »

good opinions.........this made good reading.

Andy
hgb
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

You don't win Le Mans - you outlast it.

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 22, 2005, 11:20:25 pm »

Come on Matt, you weren't there. Live with it and be prepared for next year. The DfH pictures are phantastic and the reason why I'm just on one picture at the shampoo bar is probably because I enyojed the barby at the TVR Car Club guys too long.   Grin

I don't care - I'm a racing driver and I'm here to win, not to finish third.
Matt Harper
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 22, 2005, 11:31:52 pm »

Come on Matt, you weren't there. Live with it and be prepared for next year.

Forgive me hgb, I don't fully understand what you're driving at here.
please explain.

jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 23, 2005, 01:23:09 am »

Yes, I asked for that one I suppose. Touche, Smokester.

Let me re-phrase - JPC seems omnipotent, in that his gnarly boat appears in just about everybodies piss-up pix - talk about putting oneself about a bit.

Well, you know me Matt!!  I was just trying to be sociable!!  So I took it upon myself to wander around as many (local) other pitches as I could and enjoy a drink with them. Also, a hell of a lot of people came to our cocktails night on Thursday(about 100 I'm told) where some of the pictires may have been taken.

And then there was my stage appearance of course!!  Wink

Shame you couldn't make it this year, but looking forward to seeing you next year...............if not sooner!!!!  Wink

BTW, I think HGB was being sarcastic about you being jealous about not being there!

Matt Harper
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 24, 2005, 05:15:28 am »

BTW, I think HGB was being sarcastic about you being jealous about not being there!

Oh, OK - that's fine then. For a minute, I thought he was giving me the arsehole - and we can't have that, now can we? (No, Harry, we can't)

Mark, Andy, Steve there's places at Road Atlanta with your names on 'em - let us know if you can make it.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: