Club Arnage
September 20, 2024, 10:35:44 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Speed Camera Locations from Calais to Le Mans  (Read 2810 times)
president
CA Veteran

I'm a T.W.A.T. and proud of it

View Profile WWW
« on: June 07, 2005, 05:19:55 pm »

I suspect this link will get a few visits Wink Wink Wink

just done the trip to PQ this weekend (Calais to Le Mans via Rouen 3½ hours  Grin) and spotted three fixed speed cameras...

these cameras are all facing you when heading south bound from Calais to Le Mans, there is a warning sign about each of these speed cameras but only a 100m or less before hand which does not give you much time to slow down Shocked

the first camera is located in the central reservation on the N38 which is the dual carraigeway after the motorway section from Abbeville approx 50m north of the Rouen tunnel before you get into Rouen

the second camera is located on the N138 from Rouen to Le Mans on the right hand verge as you come down the hill into Gace just north of the town

the third camera is located again on the right hand verge but on the ring road (N138R) heading around Le Mans before you get to the Champion supermarket

I am not too sure if you would actually receive a ticket from these cameras if you live in UK but that's up to you to find out Huh

not long now...I'm p!ss!ng myself with excitement
Barry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Kick out the jams, motherf*ckers!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2005, 05:42:34 pm »

In a similar vein, for those of us travelling into Caen.
According to the french speedtrap website there are 2 new cameras on the Caen ringroad between the Falaise junction and the junction for Ouistreham Sad. I do not know their exact locations, but apparently they are easy to spot unless you are being very silly. Wink

Also don't forget the old favourite spot for a mobile trap at Mortree, on the N158, 6 kilometers before you join the N138 at Sees.

Have a good trip everyone Smiley
Kpy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

I'm a Le Manster

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2005, 05:52:16 pm »

Don't worry too much  system about the fixed cameras. They are we signed in advance, and probably have no link with the UK. Doesn't mean you will not be on the French national computer system, though!!
What you do have to worry about are the mobile units, using lasers, linked to a "welcoming committee" just up the road. The radars themselves can be very well hidden.
DelBoy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

---TDR---

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2005, 06:51:27 pm »

Also don't forget the old favourite spot for a mobile trap at Mortree, on the N158, 6 kilometers before you join the N138 at Sees.

I remember it well.  Cost me 900FF a few years back on the way back to Caen.

DB

Team Delboy Racing
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: