Club Arnage
September 28, 2024, 07:18:35 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Radio Le Mans  (Read 23802 times)
vqdave
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

world humbering

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: June 08, 2005, 10:46:12 pm »

Hey man its good to be suspicious, you don't get anything for nothing in this world, but in this case you do, its the companies who pay, but no Michelin, I am with you there, sunshine all the way, i like to come back with my Le Mans Burn, no matter how much cream i put on or how much shade i sit in a always get the burn.

Sorry i digress, currently we only link through the UK networks, so all UK mobiles are free, as for how much it would cost to receive on a German network, at this time, not work time, in the evening i could not give you an honest answer, i will look into it for you and let you know. I should imagine you would get charged you normal SMS text rate no more, as this is just a standard text message, not premium rate. So whatever that is from free to 5p(or euro equivilant) tp 10p. Worst case is 24 times 10p. But let me check that for you as i don't want to be responsible for a huge phone bill next month  Shocked

If you do want to sign up though anbd are non UK, rememebr to put your country code on the sign up, ie +44 for us in blighty!

Neal
CA Veteran

That's put the Halibut amongst the Iguanas

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 09, 2005, 09:19:23 am »

vgdave

We are on BSJ as well and have tickets for Speedchills will keep an eye out for you
vqdave
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

world humbering

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: June 09, 2005, 10:00:53 am »

always good to meet like minded souls, to help you find us all at BSJ & SC you will find profiles of us here:

http://www.teamsquack.com/team.htm

look forward to being there, car striping bbq for all of us at Team Squack this Sunday. LM starts there.

monkey
CA Veteran

monkey

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 09, 2005, 10:06:05 am »

oh well here goes, just signed up for the text updates, and will report after the race................and after I get my first bill. It is such a great idea, I really hope it works. Does anyone know how much it costs to advertise?HuhHuh??
vqdave
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

world humbering

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: June 09, 2005, 10:12:34 am »

oh well here goes, just signed up for the text updates, and will report after the race................and after I get my first bill. It is such a great idea, I really hope it works. Does anyone know how much it costs to advertise?HuhHuh??

I can send you an advertisers info pack if you are interested, we want as many advertisiers as possible to be sure this works and we can expand the service in the future.
Advertsing budgets are up to you, they sell as text bulk buys so to speak. So your budget may allow you 100 texts or 1,000 or 10,000. As this is Year 1 at LM advertising pricing is all v low to get the thing going to prove the thing works as a business model.
If you are a UK network mobile it is FREE to use.

Neal
CA Veteran

That's put the Halibut amongst the Iguanas

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 09, 2005, 10:38:53 am »

Dave great pic I can taste those Grand Marnier crepes already
vqdave
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

world humbering

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: June 09, 2005, 11:00:13 am »

Dave great pic I can taste those Grand Marnier crepes already

lol, i have made it a bit smaller, i am the one on the right btw Grin
grande marnier crepe washed down by a bottle or 3 of shampoo 2 boxes of marlboro from the delectable fag hags (who were missing last year!!) and finally a warm bottle of lager from my back pack.

Snoring Rhino
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 09, 2005, 11:36:38 am »

always good to meet like minded souls, to help you find us all at BSJ & SC you will find profiles of us here:

http://www.teamsquack.com/team.htm

look forward to being there, car striping bbq for all of us at Team Squack this Sunday. LM starts there.
Good website Dave, what are your travel arrangments, Brad and I are heading out on the Wed 9.25 pm Speedferry.
vqdave
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

world humbering

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: June 09, 2005, 11:44:59 am »

we are meeting at Clackett Lane at  Shocked 4:30 AM on thursday, so the boat, is, he stalls..........i can't find it right now but will be about half 6 i think.

That should mean we get to BSJ in time for a pint or 7.

This year is the year of the knacker convoy, i am shogun in a F plate merc 280 SE, one of those old S Class things which my mate bought for £50 as it was cheaper than a train fair home when he changed jobs and had to give up his company car!! It will have orange squack stripes as will the other 2 car, a pug 205 gti and a e30 beemer 325.

Hopefully all 3 should make it in one piece!! We shall be announcing our arrival with either a plume of black smoke from one of teh cars or the flashing lights on the roof of a low lowder bringing us in!

monkey
CA Veteran

monkey

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 09, 2005, 02:07:41 pm »

'If you do want to sign up though anbd are non UK, rememebr to put your country code on the sign up, ie +44 for us in blighty'

Sorry to be thick here, but does this mean, as I will be at the race that I should have entered +44 then my number to recieve while I'm at Le Mans??? Undecided
vqdave
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

world humbering

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: June 09, 2005, 02:14:00 pm »

sorry i was not being clear, if you have a uk mobile it is fine, you do not need a national code as it is run from a UK network. It is the same as if you called a mate of yours on his mobile and he was abroad, you still get through, but if you are calling a mate who lives abroad then you put the code on.

Get it?  Huh Huh

Not sure if i'm making sense myself now, LOL

If you have a UK phone, no need for the country code
If you have a non UK fone we need the country code as part of teh number.

Snoring Rhino
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 09, 2005, 02:17:22 pm »

Just to get back on the subject, the following link will get you to Globe radio for autosport, ideal if you work from home and have broadband seems to be a good mix of music and motoring / sport and then changes into radio LM on Wednesday midday Cool Cool

http://www.autosport-atlas.com/autosportradio/autosportradio.asp
monkey
CA Veteran

monkey

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 09, 2005, 02:23:06 pm »

thanks for that it is clear even to me, so I am sure that means clear to everyone.

I hope it goes well  for you, I think it is a great idea.
Snoring Rhino
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 09, 2005, 06:08:33 pm »

Just to get back on the subject, the following link will get you to Globe radio for autosport, ideal if you work from home and have broadband seems to be a good mix of music and motoring / sport and then changes into radio LM on Wednesday midday Cool Cool

http://www.autosport-atlas.com/autosportradio/autosportradio.asp
Just emailed Globe radio and Autospot editorial to tell them about our little gathering at the Poo bar - you never know they may turn up.
neilsie
CA Veteran

KK

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 09, 2005, 07:38:22 pm »

sounds like a lot of us are in BJ/Speedchills this year!

see ya there Dave..

Neil.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: