Club Arnage
September 21, 2024, 06:43:22 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Test weekend 2005  (Read 9431 times)
smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« on: June 06, 2005, 01:02:47 am »

Just back from LM... I met (in no particular order):

- Stephan Ortelli - took a great pic of Mrs S and he on Friday then accidentally deleted it Undecided - does anyone know how to unformat an SD card?

- Gilles - stayed in the "Castle" - seemed a long way out and was quirky, compared to Ibis, but certainly different and recommmended

- Mr Dave Davies (Grand Fromage)

- Fran - enjoy Biarritz until next week - not that she will read this!

- Lisa and Simon (RS2 Babe & Mr RS2Babe - they've been quiet ths year but I'm happy to report are alive and kicking!

- T.W.A.T. President Simon + another T.W.A,T. who I rudely didn't say Hi to! Oops

Saturday at the pits is fun and highly recommended. Plenty of drivers etc knocking about. I managed to get "another" driver signature on my Aston cap, but unfortunately it was the same as one I already have on it (from Sebring). I really MUST learn to recognise drivers...

Sunday we spent the first hour or so at Arnage - it was slightly better access at the Indianapolis end than during race week, with a good view of the cars coming into, through and out of the Indy complex. A Panoz expired in front of us but was out lapping again after lunch. Then over to the ACO grandstand for a bit, then to Dunlop bridge and beyond, and after lunch just an hour or so more back in the ACO before heading back.

I have collected my tickets, also Brian's, and intend posting tomorrow, will email people to confirm when they have gone.

I also took pics of the new tunnels for whoever it was asking - will sort them out and mail them (maybe also post one or two) asap. I didn't know the area before, but I would guess that some of the camping area has been compromised!

Lastly I missed quite an eventful few days here. Thanks to those members who messaged, mailed, texted and phoned me, and particularly those members who helped out in various ways. I haven't had time to catch up on everything yet, but I'd like us all to "draw a line" under the teasing and baiting. For a while things are funny - but everything in moderation, eh?
Rusty
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2005, 01:41:47 am »

I particularly enjoyed 'Jox Jottings… Car spotted on track shock!' writings of Martin Buck that came through today on the mail.

Rusty.

The Brethren Rock
Ballast
CA Veteran

DON'T PANIC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2005, 09:20:53 am »

Hi Smokie,

Sounds like you had a great weekend......

However, I would like to suggest a new club ruling if I may. The first time you say:

"Did I mention I went to Sebring and pre quals" you will be found guilty (there will be no trial) of gross "bragging" and be fined to the sum of 1 bottle of bubbly per club Arnage member at the poo bar on Saturday evening! Wink Grin

6 Days and counting!

Gazza
« Last Edit: June 06, 2005, 09:21:38 am by TheFatLad » Logged

There is an art, or rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss!
Chris (Liverpool Boys)
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2005, 09:24:33 am »

I think thats spot on fat lad!!!!!!!

Bring on the low flyers
Snoring Rhino
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2005, 09:44:30 am »

Absolutly - who going to keep count.
smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2005, 10:28:21 am »

I won't mention Spa either then Smiley
Ballast
CA Veteran

DON'T PANIC

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2005, 11:34:49 am »

I won't mention Spa either then

Does Spa count as it was so foggy you couldn't actually see anything? you could have been in Bruge and not known the difference! Wink

But in the spirit of this forum and in conjunction with the will of the people the rule has now been extended to include Spa.

I hope that as well respected member of this forum you will abide by the judges decision in this matter. And you can buy me a drink anyway Wink

Gazza

P.S Did I mention I went to Silverstone Grin

There is an art, or rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss!
Stu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2005, 11:41:37 am »

Ahem Mr Smokiness
Please don't mention to me again about my time off as I find it offensive and due to the amount of times you have been away this year hypocritical (is that spelt right). If you want the tunnel photos up forever, mail me them as I'm off all week. See you next Monday morning and get practicing as I need some card demonstrations so we are sorted for JPC's poker night. The Holiday Police are watching you.

Stu
hgb
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

You don't win Le Mans - you outlast it.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2005, 12:19:32 pm »

Did I mention I was at the Nuerburgring 24 Hours in May.  Grin

Any pictures, Smokie ?

I don't care - I'm a racing driver and I'm here to win, not to finish third.
powermite
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2005, 01:16:58 pm »

did i mention i drove around the Nordschliefe and going to drive around Rockingham in July?
PM
smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2005, 01:50:53 pm »

I looked at booking the M3 taxi at the Nurburgring, it is now fully booked for 2005!

btw I asked in the ACO about when the camp sites open. They said Monday, and that security is going to be tougher this year. So if you are planning on arriving Sunday make sure you have a contingency. We should swap mobile numbers so if someone finds a securuty breach the rest of us can find out too!
MrRS2babe
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2005, 03:16:03 pm »

ah yes.....to those that remember us we are still just about alive and kicking  - once a lurker always a lurker I suppose...

only decided to head to the track on Friday but it'd be rude not to when you live so close really! Also, test weekend being a lot quieter is always not as heavily marshalled. Last year got into all the garages and met quite a few drivers and managed to get to the side of the track at Porsche Curves. Yesterday afternoon did a little recce to Bar des Haunadiers - it was closed but some fool/hero had left the access gate by the side of the bar unlocked so we boldly walked through and into the car park for an excellent view of everyone blasting past at 200mph......

good to see you again Smokie and look forward to seeing everyone else v soon! - Brian Liverpool Boys look out for a personal mail soonish..........

a bientot

MrRS2babe (or perhaps as should be know for this year Mrwhitepeugot205babe)!!!

Chris (Liverpool Boys)
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2005, 04:51:29 pm »

Nice to hear you are both ok simon maybe see you both there next week

Bring on the low flyers
MrRS2babe
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2005, 05:13:49 pm »

Hi Chris

Not sure on exact arrival day/time yet (work is a bloody nightmare at the moment) but we'll make it one way shape or form......presently still expecting to come down on the scooter again all being well so I may set off tomorrow!!

see you soon
Chris24
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2005, 06:38:41 pm »

Hey Fat lad, if it makes you feel any better it did rain solidly at Sebring between 8pm Wednesday and 4pm Thursday. And i don't mean light rain either. It was the sort of rain that flooded your tent when it leeked through the roof. Basically washed out an entire day of the trip !
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: