Club Arnage
October 02, 2024, 12:24:20 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Getting Ready Le Mans on Speed Channel  (Read 6064 times)
mgilvey
CA Veteran

View Profile WWW
« on: May 30, 2005, 05:12:19 pm »

Hi everyone, it's been a long time since I posted on CA. I can't make it to the race (again) this year but will be watching it on Speed Channel (all 17.5 hours). It looks like Speed Channl conveniently set up a break in the afternoon, just enough time for my friends and I to go Karting.

See my photos I took at Le Mans in 1999/2000 when I had media credentials on my website.
Rhino
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Team Booze'n'tabs

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2005, 01:20:58 am »

So i hope you have next year planned ok then?

Never argue with an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Rhino
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Team Booze'n'tabs

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2005, 01:28:00 am »

Now i think of it, were you the chap from America who loved Le Mans so much you had it on webcast with a crate of beer under your feet so you could join in? And you made it across a couple of years ago?
Why can i not remeber where i put my keys but i can anything to do with Le Mans.
Do you want us to phone you up at the start so you can here the cars go past, therefore you can pretend the cart is an Aston. ; Cheesy

Never argue with an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
mgilvey
CA Veteran

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2005, 05:07:37 am »

You would think that was me but I don't think so. Yes, I finally got to go in 1999 and 2000 and it was bigger and better than I had made it out to be since I was a teenager. It seems so long since I've been there that it is becoming a manditory obligation to go back. Who knows, maybe next year.

This year I will do what I've done for the past 5 years, I decorate my TV room with all kinds of Le Mans stuff, get out my Le Mans t-shirts, warm up the 54" TV and invite all my friends over and glue ourselves to the TV for the entire race.

Mark

P.S. Hmmm....Aston....didn't you submit a story for my old website, The Unofficial Spectator?

See my photos I took at Le Mans in 1999/2000 when I had media credentials on my website.
DelBoy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

---TDR---

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2005, 12:31:41 pm »

....... I decorate my TV room with all kinds of Le Mans stuff, get out my Le Mans t-shirts........

My room is like that 365(6) days a year   Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley

DB

« Last Edit: June 05, 2005, 12:37:13 pm by DelBoy » Logged

Team Delboy Racing
floridaracefan
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2005, 04:24:08 pm »

Its June!  Le Mans is due.  We have "Breakfast at Le Mans" every year at 9am Eastern time.  Remember years ago the Wembledon tournament was billed as Breakfast at Wembledon?  Well, we do the same for Le Mans. We have bread and cheese and French wine.  We invite our frineds over for breakfast and consume much wine early which really puts a glow on the day.  I have the 60" Sony Grand WEGA with DirecTV and we fire that baby up for some seroius race watching, laughing, and drinking.  We live half way between Daytona and Sebring so we go to both.  Time to go racing...  
mgilvey
CA Veteran

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2005, 05:05:12 pm »

....... I decorate my TV room with all kinds of Le Mans stuff, get out my Le Mans t-shirts........

My room is like that 365(6) days a year   Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley

DB

Dude, I think you just started a new thread...show us your Le Mans room. I'll put a phot of mine up as soon as I can.

Mark

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: