Club Arnage
September 27, 2024, 11:29:50 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Champion Audi Badly Crashed !  (Read 2507 times)
Chris24
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« on: May 22, 2005, 06:31:25 pm »

JJ Lehto has just crashed the Champion Audi at the ALMS race at Mid Ohio.
Badly smashed the front end and ripped a wheel off, when he hit a spining Alex Job Porsche over the top of a blind crest.
They have to send the cars over for Le Mans this week ! Undecided
Robbo SPS
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Go Your Own Way

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2005, 06:53:28 pm »

Motors TV is giving a great coverage again

Take life by the horns and live it.
hgb
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

You don't win Le Mans - you outlast it.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2005, 08:45:13 pm »

There's nothing on DSc yet. Is the tub damaged ?

Is JJ alright ?

Oh sh!t...
« Last Edit: May 22, 2005, 09:57:11 pm by hgb » Logged

I don't care - I'm a racing driver and I'm here to win, not to finish third.
Chris24
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2005, 02:39:10 am »

JJ is ok, just a bit pissed off.
One of those blind crest deals, and oh sh*t there's two cars either stationary or not going very fast right in front of me where I want to drive.  Basically smashed the left front corner off the car.

Don't know what damage was done to the tub though !
Dave H
CA Veteran

burrrrrrrrppppp

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2005, 04:18:25 am »

Ah what a glorious sight - a destroyed Audi R8 in pit 1.  Got a nice view of it from the outside of Turn 1.  And Lehto's front wheel assembly lay resplendent for the whole race after it had been ripped from his car.

Fax and I had a great afternoon watching Audi lose out at Mid Ohio.  The rain shower at the end put an interesting spin on things - especially for the Zytek boys!  Their little skating adventure at the race conclusion collected into the concrete barrier in the esses under our noses.  What a thump for a car that seemed to be crawling through the corner.

Nothing like a quick 500 mile round trip blast to top off a trip in Europe.  4 a.m. came very early this morning and I was hallucinating for the first 100 miles.  That was going to be my excuse for the 140 mph pre-dawn blast anyway.

Indy next weekend and then lamaze (instead of Le Mans) - hopefully not 24 hours though.
Fax
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2005, 02:10:47 pm »

As Dave said, we had a great time, Mid-Ohio is my home circut and I'm a damn happy camper when I get to spend the weekend up there watching the ALMS with a buddy.  Very, very exciting race. The Zytec really made hell of ALMS debut, full marks for the Zytec lads, the slow drizzle caught out the young Englishman out at the end but they will be giving Champion Audi and Dyson all they can handle this summer.  As Dave also said, watching JJ step out of a smashed-up Audi was fairly amusing too, they amazingly got the car repaired and sent Marco Werner back out, the Audi's are amoung other things...TOUGH!  The weather was gorgeous on Sat. and most of the day Sunday but the rains came late in the race and made for a wild Porsche GT3 race after the headliners.
Fax
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: