Club Arnage
September 27, 2024, 04:25:30 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: have your say  (Read 5512 times)
Rob
CA Veteran

i prefer 'em continental!!

View Profile WWW
« on: May 22, 2005, 04:18:30 pm »

have your say on what you think of the current F1 rules and what you think should change

Rob
CA Veteran

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2005, 04:19:25 pm »

sorry, forgot to add the link

http://www.fia-amd-survey2005.com/

Fran
The Wise One
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I'm a CA Goddess!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2005, 04:35:41 pm »

I think there should be more adverts on the TV coverage - i cant believe they showed the last 18 laps without an interval  - when are you supposed to put the kettle on and take a "comfort break"?  Undecided

F
Rob
CA Veteran

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2005, 04:38:08 pm »

i guess its better than havin a break with 3 laps to go!!

Jem
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2005, 05:48:01 pm »

when are they going to ditch monaco from the calendar, its a crap track with crap racing.  Our Jensen himself said the only real chance to overtake is at the start ( I know that the Williams overtook the ailing Renault, but both manouvres were against the rules anyway)

ps  Is'nt it great to see the german for what he is now that he's in a so so car.  Still up to his old tricks though, barging people off the track.  DC looked well p****d off.

Jem
Rob
CA Veteran

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2005, 06:36:33 pm »

when are they going to ditch monaco from the calendar, its a crap track with crap racing.  Our Jensen himself said the only real chance to overtake is at the start ( I know that the Williams overtook the ailing Renault, but both manouvres were against the rules anyway)

ps  Is'nt it great to see the german for what he is now that he's in a so so car.  Still up to his old tricks though, barging people off the track.  DC looked well p****d off.

Jem

i disagree with you completely, i think monaco is a great track(altho i do agree about the overtaking) because it is diferent to all the others in the calender

i also happen to be a fan of michael schumacher, because he is a great driver, and even DC did say that it would have been hard for MS to have seen the incident until the last second, whilst he himself saw whoever it was spin so he had more time to react. and i still think he is a good driver even tho his car(or more his tyres, which IMO are the real problem) isnt performing as well, just look at his pace in the middle part of the race today and also at imola a few weeks ago when he was blisteringly fast.
that said, i am all for diversity if it keeps tha sport interesting, so i dont really mind who wins.

Snoring Rhino
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2005, 07:31:32 pm »

I always look forward to the Monaco GP, I think it is one of the best tracks on the calender, but I dont think the current car regs work there at all. Altough I thought Webber was great, as for the rest, just pussy footing around, didnt see now many finished but quite high for Monaco i think- were they really trying?
Jem
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2005, 08:48:13 pm »

Thats what I like about this forum, everyone has a say.

I'd be interested to know what others think.  My view is that if you'd have put  say DC in Raikonnenenens (cant spell it ) car from pole today he'd have won and hence its all about the car and not the driver, hence my comments about the German.  

Not looking for a row, just sensible comments.

Interestingly I went to Oulton Park yesterday to watch Formula fords , Radicals, Mg's etc.....and  the best prepared cars won.

Taking it on to LM level of things its deffo about the car and not the driver, surely ?

I mean we've all known the result for the past 3 or 4 years before we even got to the side of the track.

Anyway nuff said.

Jem

Rob
CA Veteran

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2005, 08:56:22 pm »

Taking it on to LM level of things its deffo about the car and not the driver, surely ?

I mean we've all known the result for the past 3 or 4 years before we even got to the side of the track.

Anyway nuff said.

Jem

that is partly true, the car does play a big part(and obviously the team that it running it), but there can be, and has been a large difference in lap times when drivers have swapped, and of course driver error(frank biela d'oh) is another biggy

Lawnmower Man
Homme de Tondeuse! 42%
Administrator
Club Arnage God

I'd rather have another Tropillama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2005, 09:05:59 pm »

sorry, forgot to add the link

http://www.fia-amd-survey2005.com/

Just tried the link and ;-

HTTP 403.9 - Access Forbidden: Too many users are connected

So I guess they will have more opinions than they can handle.  Smiley

I've heard lots of ideas in my time.   Personaly I think they should run the drivers in a different car each race.  Then no driver would have the advantage of the best car and no car would have the advantage of the best driver.

Just my £0.02

t.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2005, 09:13:18 pm by Tom D-G » Logged

La Légend s` écrit sous vos yeux.
Jem
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2005, 09:11:36 pm »

A man after me own heart Tom in terms of swapping cars.

Jem
hgb
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

You don't win Le Mans - you outlast it.

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2005, 09:26:31 pm »

I think there should be more adverts on the TV coverage - i cant believe they showed the last 18 laps without an interval  - when are you supposed to put the kettle on and take a "comfort break"?  Undecided

F
Fran, you poor soul. Here in Germany we had a pi?? break during the last 5 laps... thanks to RTL.  Angry

I don't care - I'm a racing driver and I'm here to win, not to finish third.
BigH
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

They've lumps of it round the back.

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2005, 10:14:53 pm »

ps  Is'nt it great to see the german for what he is now that he's in a so so car.

What's that?

Well, I suppose the 5 World Championships were probably flukes, and been German has certainly helped with his popularity in the UK...

Always with the negative waves Moriarty, always with the negative waves...
Lawnmower Man
Homme de Tondeuse! 42%
Administrator
Club Arnage God

I'd rather have another Tropillama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2005, 10:15:21 pm »

A man after me own heart Tom in terms of swapping cars.

Jem

I've thought that way ever since I saw an interview with Ronnie Peterson.
When asked how he felt always being second to Andretti because of 'Team Orders'.
He Replied something like.

'Well I can Drive the Lotus and be second or some other car and be third.'

Which I understood to mean I'm not allowed to beat Andretti.  But the Lotus is so good that it will beat any other car no matter who driving.

I've also noticed that in the races where they put F1 Drivers up against Rally Drivers the Rally Driver seem to win every time.

t.

La Légend s` écrit sous vos yeux.
garystout
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2005, 10:22:29 pm »

But not Rally drivers in full blown F1 cars though Lips Sealed

Le Mans is for life, not just for Christmas
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: