Club Arnage
September 23, 2024, 06:26:11 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Flying to CDG and camping - helpful advice.  (Read 7807 times)
smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2005, 01:17:01 am »

Blimey - anyone going to be in Bleu Sud that i can snuggle up with?

F

Only me. And I'm no jackhammer.

Not like you to turn an offer down Terry  Wink

If you feel threatened Fran you are welcome to join us in the Golden Triangle in MB. We will make sure you don't pitch your tent below sea level...  Undecided
BigH
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

They've lumps of it round the back.

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2005, 10:47:31 am »

Oh and watch out for Pikies with knock out gas, I heard of this being used on BSJ last year and people had passports and other valuables nicked from their tents whilst the slept soundly!

I'm afraid this has to be urban myth. I suspect Andy is right, and it was a case of a dodgy final Drambuie. Either that, or Stus mates are trying to cover up for a bit of regretted and embarrassing Romany Rogering under the cover of canvas and darkness.

If it takes all the expertise and technology of a modern operating theatre to keep someone safely under, then in a tent and in the hands of a pikie, the lads would either die or come round. Just look at what the Russians did to the Chechnyans in that cinema.

Doesn't the phrase 'single man tent' sound just so sad...
H

Always with the negative waves Moriarty, always with the negative waves...
jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2005, 12:17:24 pm »

Doesn't the phrase 'single man tent' sound just so sad...
H

And doesn't it sound so small!!!!  A three man tent is obligatory for one person otherwise you don't even have enough room to scratch yourself in the morning!  Undecided
redstu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Buuuuurp!

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2005, 01:05:05 pm »

Big H ,  your're right about "single man tent" does sound a bit pitiful,  but I hiked the length of Cumbria once with a "family" tent and it was sadder still waking up with all that space around me,must have looked like the rest of the party had buggered off!.   There's still  enough scratching space though in the "oner" as its tallish.

Only need somwhere to put it,  as I'm getting the train this year I'll be a "walk on"  I've tried Houx previously, but this year I fancy going for MB, how much space is there likely to be when I arrive at 9pm on Thursday?

About knock out gas , and over imbibing, Absinthe knock me out very sharpish, not that I'll be havibng any of that in Le Mans.
BigH
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

They've lumps of it round the back.

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 17, 2005, 01:16:15 pm »

wotcher stu,
If you're in a 'Lonely Guy' situation when you arrive on MB Thursday evening, then you should be able to squeeze in somewhere. Anyone arriving with a car will struggle for a decent spot though.
Who's going to rub on the Calamine Lotion?

Always with the negative waves Moriarty, always with the negative waves...
redstu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Buuuuurp!

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 18, 2005, 01:30:07 pm »

The young lady on my right kindly agreed last year, this year it may be one of the lucky Aston Girls!
redstu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Buuuuurp!

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 18, 2005, 01:36:02 pm »

aaagh  photo didn't attach-  I've tried again and it still won't
htbast
CA Veteran

Well done 'Shorty'

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: May 18, 2005, 03:41:04 pm »

With regard to original question, I have often flown into CDG and hired a small MPV (Espace type thing). This not only gets me to the circuit, and to and from the supermarkets & outer viewing areas, but is big enough for two to sleep in the back of. Just don't make it to obvious or you will get some parking attende trying to move you on. But they have never been too persistant.

Splashing out this year with a camping pass (Blue) and hitching a ride in my brothers Voyager.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: