Club Arnage
September 29, 2024, 12:22:49 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Houx Camping  (Read 4493 times)
saffronrob
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« on: May 07, 2005, 12:22:31 pm »

How many tents/cars can you get on a pitch on Houx?
We have three cars & three tents , will we fit on the one pitch we have booked?
Have satyed previosly on Houx annex so no problems previously.
What appliance/method is best for keeping beer & bacon cold on Houx?

Cheers

Rob
Nordic
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2005, 12:33:23 pm »

I think you may have a problem. Each Houx ticket allows one car in regardless of how many people/tents are in it.

For 3 cars you need 3 tickets.

Some people will tell you that slow is good - and it may be, on some days - but I am here to tell you that fast is better.
H S Thompson 1937 - 2005
saffronrob
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2005, 12:50:12 pm »

If we get one car in (Disco + 7 crew members ) will  we get 3 tents on pitch ?
Nordic
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2005, 01:10:36 pm »

I think each pitch approx 5m  X  7m.

The Houx site does have a number of trees in it, so if you pitch includes one or two it will have a smaller useable area.

Some people will tell you that slow is good - and it may be, on some days - but I am here to tell you that fast is better.
H S Thompson 1937 - 2005
Mr. Invincible Mou
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2005, 01:11:02 pm »

Possibly, if they are small tents and you get lucky with your pitch allocation (due to trees and things, not all pitches are the same size!).

I hope you realise, that Houx is the only site where the pitches are marked and numbered, so unless you get some really laid back neighbors, you will get kicked off of the nextdoor pitch pretty quick if you start to intrude.

As a rough guide, the pitch will be between 2 to 3 times the size of your Disco.
Piglet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2005, 07:22:32 pm »

No chance on a number of fronts!  Shocked

As said already, one pass will only let one car in.

Our pitch last year was around 6 metres by 6 metres - we just about got Chateau Piglet on it (9 man tent) by turning it across the pitch, short guying it and slightly invading our neighbours!.  

This gave us just enough room for a seating area at the back of the pitch.  We had a tree in the corner of the pitch as well to add to the amusement!

We couldn't fit the car on the pitch and were saved by the fact that the pitch opposite remained empty as it had a blooming great tree on it and the Frenchies that turned up refused to take it!  

I'd flog the Houx ticket and buy one for another site but you'll still have the car problem.

If you go for Houx, it does have an electricity supply, you'll need the right connection to join to it, lots of extension lead and if you're not their early in the week you'll probably need a multi adapter as the "stack" that supplies the power will probably be full.  

The cheapest way is to take an ordinary domestic fridge from the UK if you've got space for it and run it on the electricity.  If you don't get on Houx or you can't guarantee power buy a gas/12v/240 - around £129 on Towsure at the moment.  TBH I'd buy one of those and not bother with the electrical hook up.  

Enjoy!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: