Club Arnage
July 05, 2024, 03:17:30 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Water Pistols  (Read 11916 times)
Robster
CA Veteran

"Les Garagistes"

View Profile
« on: April 18, 2005, 04:01:43 pm »

Just a quick note to beg the water pistol wielding drunkards to aim low and miss me on the way out of Arnage this year.  I nearly ran one over and couldn't see out of the windscreen which was very dangerous.  I know it's a bit of fun, but when it's pointed about 3 inches from your face and emptied into the car, the joke wears a bit thin.
Steve Pyro
Houx Annexe veteran
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

I see you Baby, shaking your Ass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2005, 04:06:50 pm »

I normally fight back with one of these

Steve East Anglian cobras

smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2005, 06:40:24 pm »

Good call. I was stood outside MB watching Friday antics and there was some little kid with a very powerful Super Soaker there with his dad (who was a little the worse for wear, but not that bad).

Another watcher suggested that it might be considerate if the dad stopped his kid absolutely soaking the new hide upholstery (sp?) of an Aston, and any opther open car which was passing.

I thought the decent thing to do would be for dad to take note, but the father was all ready to give the complainee a proper pasting...
Bobblehat
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

A racing we do go....

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2005, 07:50:19 pm »

Last year we didnt stand a chance out side MB, we were all in a MOKE! It was suggested that we got the shampoo out!

OK we knew we were going to get soaked were ready for it, but I do feal sorry for the people who ask politely not to get super soked, and then get the full bararge and abuse at the same time.

BTW The water pistols I can cope with it was the water bombs from short range that realy hurt.....................

Snoring Rhino
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2005, 08:14:16 pm »

The water is one thing and not good whilst driving, but I got a facefull of beer last year, luckily my sunnies kept it out of my eyes, still had to stop down the road though. Still could have been worse, there was a story of a Tw*t having a slash in his Supersoaker and thinking it very funny to unload it on the nice cars- cant get any more moronic than that!!
Barry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Kick out the jams, motherf*ckers!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2005, 08:23:07 pm »

The water is one thing and not good whilst driving, but I got a facefull of beer last year, luckily my sunnies kept it out of my eyes, still had to stop down the road though. Still could have been worse, there was a story of a Tw*t having a slash in his Supersoaker and thinking it very funny to unload it on the nice cars- cant get any more moronic than that!!

Didn't see a Tw*t doing this , but saw somebody else doing it. Angry
Snoring Rhino
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2005, 10:26:53 pm »

Didn't see a Tw*t doing this , but saw somebody else doing it. Angry

Sorry - no refernce to our Yellow shirted  friends intended!!
Matt Harper
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2005, 11:39:49 pm »

If you take any means of soaking unwilling victims or damaging others property to Le Mans, you need to be prepared to get filled-in, in the name of a few laughs.
I find this sh*t really, really un-funny and as a result anyone who unleashes on my associates (and me in particular - unless they're much bigger than me) get's slotted. I'm no hard-case, but having some w**k*r drenching the inside of my car kind of tips me over the edge.
It's a subject we've covered extensively - and I think the general consensus is that if you unload on someone who's not a willing participant, you shouldn't be at all surprised if you get straight-armed.
Leave the super-soakers at home with the kids already.

If it\'s good and fast, it won\'t be cheap. If it\'s fast and cheap, it won\'t be good. If it\'s good and cheap, it won\'t be fast.
Robster
CA Veteran

"Les Garagistes"

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2005, 10:45:22 am »

Can we have an agreement that if any of us are around if and when this type of behaviour happens, we ask the people to stop.  You are right, I have not even put the new leather seats into my MG yet, the thought of several hundred pounds worth getting drenched for no reason isn't funny.  Assuming that there will be plenty of Club Arnage people around, we ought to be able to help each other out.
Nobby Diesel
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2005, 10:50:37 am »

Totally agree with the sentiment here guys.
I would offer an alternative solution to the problem.
Leave the car parked and grab a beer instead; go and watch those who don't mind getting wet.
We all know it's going to happen, so if you're not up for a drenching, leave the pride and joy back at base.
I don't take part in it or see the funny side of the water pistol shennanigans; but there's plenty that do.

If you can't fix it with a hammer, you have an electrical problem.
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2005, 11:41:57 am »

I enjoy a jolly juvenile slap-stick jape as much as the next kiddy, in fact IMO there's nothing funnier than putting a bucket of water over the top of a door for the next unsuspecting friend to get a drenching.

But squirting drivers in the eyes and ruinning people's best velour trim just doesn't tickle my funny bone and is potentially downright dangerous. And anyway, it really isn't very imaginative.

Maybe we should all pile into the Commer and go on an anti-waterpistol patrol. Anyone who squirts us has their expensive super soaker, and perhaps their legs, run over by two tons of Dunstable's finest heavy metal.

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
Nobby Diesel
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2005, 11:53:48 am »

As stated earlier, I can't see the funny side of it, but if there is to be a CA Militia patrol, could I offer to perch on top of the Commer with my paint ball gun ?
In a similar style to West African warlords, with their pick up trucks and M60's.

If you can't fix it with a hammer, you have an electrical problem.
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2005, 12:22:38 pm »

What a fantastic idea Nobby. They don't like it up 'em! Cue Steve Brown with pic of Cpl Jones (when he get's back from Mancheter.)

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
Robster
CA Veteran

"Les Garagistes"

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2005, 12:34:48 pm »

Nobby, you're a boy genius! Wink  

Problem with leaving the car behind is that I am referring to running the gauntlet out on the way home.  We usually try to avoid the autoroute as the rural drive back to Caen on the back roads is one of the highlights of the trip, it's just a shame that for the last few years the yobs have ruined it.  Mad Friday is actually not too bad, on the way out on the Sunday evening though, they stood in the middle of the road to stop the car, while his mate put the gun into our faces over the side of the car.  
Robspot
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2005, 02:47:09 pm »

This water pistol thing is being blown all out of proportion. Surely the best way to deal with them is to take a couple of Heckler & Koch mp5's and double tap the bastards in the head.

I always stay too long. Long enough for something to go wrong
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: