Club Arnage
September 29, 2024, 12:24:53 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Poll
Question: F1 or Moto GP
Formula 1 - 2 (7.1%)
Moto GP - 26 (92.9%)
Total Voters: 25

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: F1 or Moto GP?  (Read 7847 times)
Nordic
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2005, 02:29:47 pm »

Pretty much the same as Fax. I was obsessed by F1 until about 88 when started to lose interest,.I went with my parents to most F1 meetings in the UK, that includes  the Race of Champions & International tropheys between being born and 87, that includes a couple of trips to Zandvoot and once to Las Vegas. (was on holiday there anyway). Then I went to the Brit gp in 92 and and it confirmed that it was pants compared to the old days. Had little interest in BC's circus since then.

I fear that Moto GP is going down somthing of the same route, that being the riders are becoming more important than the sport, Rossi, Gib etc are becoming more like the prima donnas that F1 drivers are every year. The races are starting to be ruled by TV timetables and the riding standards are starting to look like a bunch of couriers racing to make delivery.

Still watch it though.

Some people will tell you that slow is good - and it may be, on some days - but I am here to tell you that fast is better.
H S Thompson 1937 - 2005
chrisbeatty
CA Veteran

Note to self, think of something witty.

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2005, 02:31:14 pm »

moto gp any day just change the commentators, though not as bad as british super bikes
Interesting..I actually really like the BBC commentators (I guess you watch it on the beeb??)
Steve Parrish & Charlie Cox I would say are by far & away the best on terrestrial & wipe the floor with the ITV F1 lot for in race commentary (if not analysis afterwards)

Certainly there is action in Moto GP where F1 is all about "strategy". Unfortunately whilst F1 is interesting in a geeky hi-tech way & is probably immense to watch in person what the cars are capable of doing. It's not proper racing so will never be exciting in it's current form. Sad

Oddly I'd say the quality of drivers/riders is higher in F1, it seems there are maybe 3 people in MotoGP who are in a different league most weekends & another couple who can challenge. But in F1 if they were all in 3/4 closely matched cars I reckon there would be maybe 5/6 top drivers with another 5/6 who have some really good weekends on an irregular basis.

Moto GP wins though Smiley
Chris (Liverpool Boys)
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2005, 04:16:10 pm »

As is maybe a give away by my pic on profile I ride a bike but only started riding the last few years but I have been whatching bike for years and the moto gp isjust something else.

Like other on here I too used to get up to whatch the F1 races but cant remember the last one I whatched now wheres that wet paint

Bring on the low flyers
Robbo SPS
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Go Your Own Way

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2005, 06:55:55 pm »

Moto GP, is  the tops at the moment.

I think it helps that Rossi is just such a talent.

I will be at Donny in July.( Like last year )

Take life by the horns and live it.
Rob
CA Veteran

i prefer 'em continental!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2005, 07:07:32 pm »

Its Moto GP that gets my vote, its real racing where several bikes are split by less than a second.

and as in the first race in spain where rossi nudged gibernea, think of the outcry had schumacher or any of the drivers hit another guy off on the last corner, then go on to win!

Whats all this if then?? Schumacher has driven people off the road, repeatedly... back when there was overtaking in F1.  It's like watching trains race.....

yeah, he did im not denying that, and most of the time he got away with it, because its part of racing, but remember he did get docked all of his points that year when he 'collided' with jaques villneuve

so, why is it 1 rule one time, and another rule another time, racing is supposed to be nitty gritty, and occasionally accidents do happen

Bobblehat
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

A racing we do go....

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2005, 07:34:44 pm »

Everyone I know has been raving about the close racing in MotoGP so I got a glass of wine and sat down and watched on Sun, first time I have watched bikes in ages.

Err the leader shot of into the lead and then fell off and then the second place guy could not be caught ether. Not excactly close racing. But then again you get dull races every now and then dont you

I saw a bit of the first race whilst I was in Italy, Rossi move was very popular to say the least!   And I guess the other guys shoulder hurt a bit too.

So I will be watching both, plus anyother motorsport that is shown...........

mgb1975
CA Veteran

I'm a llama, get me out of here!

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 19, 2005, 05:06:11 pm »

This week's MotoGP wasn't the most exciting by a long shot, but it's still a far more exciting sport then F1. You can't get downforce on a bike Cheesy
Fax
« Reply #22 on: April 19, 2005, 06:12:16 pm »

I think another thing that makes Moto GP more attractive (besides the obvious on-track action) is that the riders are still real personalities. For all of Schumacher's titles and wins the guy has as much charisma as a tree stump.  Rossi wins that battle going away.
Fax
Ron Jeremy
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 21, 2005, 10:05:24 pm »

moto gp any day just change the commentators, though not as bad as british super bikes
Interesting..I actually really like the BBC commentators (I guess you watch it on the beeb??)
Steve Parrish & Charlie Cox I would say are by far & away the best on terrestrial & wipe the floor with the ITV F1 lot for in race commentary (if not analysis afterwards)

Certainly there is action in Moto GP where F1 is all about "strategy". Unfortunately whilst F1 is interesting in a geeky hi-tech way & is probably immense to watch in person what the cars are capable of doing. It's not proper racing so will never be exciting in it's current form. Sad

Oddly I'd say the quality of drivers/riders is higher in F1, it seems there are maybe 3 people in MotoGP who are in a different league most weekends & another couple who can challenge. But in F1 if they were all in 3/4 closely matched cars I reckon there would be maybe 5/6 top drivers with another 5/6 who have some really good weekends on an irregular basis.

Moto GP wins though Smiley

i just get a little tired of the silly remarks

though the transformation from touring car driver to touring car commenatator to bike commentator is pretty good and their commentary is better than F1 as so is the pit crew

and i was rummaging around in the loft, when i found an original copy of the bible.....which was nice
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: