Club Arnage
September 29, 2024, 01:18:32 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Having Fun at SPA ?  (Read 15638 times)
Chris24
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« on: April 17, 2005, 05:12:20 pm »

I wonder if our Club Arnage members are having fun at Spa ? Must be great with the fog and rain !

PS. J M Gounon, has just stuffed the Playstation Audi whilst under a safety car period. Destroyed the front end. Roll Eyes
Grand_Fromage
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Real men do it for 24 hours

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2005, 05:15:42 pm »

Cold and foggy -

Yes J-M had a brain fart at the bus stop.
Fax
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2005, 05:32:51 pm »

Sorry to hear about the crap weather guys, I kinda thought scheduling a race at Spa in mid-April was a bit optomistic but what the hell, any day at Spa is a god day.  Hope the show is a good one.
Fax
jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2005, 08:25:28 pm »

Hey John, as you can't make the main event this year, maybe a trip to one of the LMES races this year might be a cheaper/easier alternative??

I'll tell you what, you do a race in Europe, and I'll do The Petit!!!  Wink
« Last Edit: April 18, 2005, 08:54:32 am by jpchenet » Logged
Steve Pyro
Houx Annexe veteran
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

I see you Baby, shaking your Ass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2005, 10:41:32 pm »

I'll tell you what, you do a race in Europe, and I'll do The Petit!!!  Wink

There's a challenge John!

Steve East Anglian cobras

Paddy_NL
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Bleu Nord hooligan =)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2005, 12:45:27 am »

Yes, is was cold. And foggy. And it didn't half rain on saturday. And I suffered from food poisoning because of some dodgy sausage.

But I met Robbo and Smokie and a few more, and we all got steaming last night Grin

The only Vette this weekend competed in the Belcar, and it hit the armco about two metres in front of me.

We didn't hang the flag in the end, because we thought it would be of no use in the fog...

Paddy's 2009: Spa LMS • NBR 24 • Le Mans 24 • Spa24NBR LMSSilverstone LMS =(

Drinking for Holland
hgb
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

You don't win Le Mans - you outlast it.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2005, 10:12:41 am »

It was cold AND wet, especially for a chap called John Nielsen. See attached picture...  Grin

* IMG_2996s.jpg (50.08 KB, 600x400 - viewed 238 times.)
« Last Edit: April 18, 2005, 04:35:48 pm by hgb » Logged

I don't care - I'm a racing driver and I'm here to win, not to finish third.
Paddy_NL
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Bleu Nord hooligan =)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2005, 10:28:56 am »

...and foggy...

Paddy's 2009: Spa LMS • NBR 24 • Le Mans 24 • Spa24NBR LMSSilverstone LMS =(

Drinking for Holland
BigH
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

They've lumps of it round the back.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2005, 10:41:16 am »

Ferrari drivers with their foglights on again, it's always the same with them, me, me, me, me...

Always with the negative waves Moriarty, always with the negative waves...
Gilles
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2005, 11:22:54 am »

I just had Fun and Sun at LM this week end !!!!!  Tongue Cool

Le Mans is life, anything before and after is just waiting...

... it's not the taking part but the winning that counts !
Fax
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2005, 02:20:54 pm »

Morning Guys,
God knows I'd love to do one of the LMES rounds, as soon as the money pit stops falling down around me, my bags are packed and I'm on a bird for England.  Le Mans is still the only European venue I've made it to, but Monza and Spa have been on my "must see" list for a long, long time.
Fax
RichUK
CA Veteran

KK

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2005, 02:31:33 pm »

We had a great time. Got very wet and then very cold on Saturday, so quenched ourselves by drinking a bar almost dry that night in Liege.

The racing on Sunday was fantastic. Wins in 3 out of 4 classes made the long trip home very worthwhile.

I've come to believe that Le Mans is the centre of the universe.
smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2005, 06:23:06 pm »

I enjoyed it too. Got there on Sat evening and met up with all and sundry, then back early doors Sunday to see some racing. HGB borrowed a Team entry pass for me from one of the drivers! But it was still only a paddock ticket...

So, after watching some stuff early, I blagged my way into an admin office opposite the grandstand and watched the start and first few laps from an open window...  Smiley

Then I went up the top of the building where a gruff old boy told me to clear off.

So off I cleared - down the steps into the pit lane. No-one checked the pass, so I zipped up my coat over it, and had a great time standing by pit crews as their cars came in, taking lots of pics. I would have stayed longer except I ran out of memory and I thought I'd missed the drinking appointment...

Finally met up with HGB to return the pass (thanks mate!) and, true to form, left a good few hours before it finished.   Roll Eyes

En route to Frankfurt I pit stopped, and the car wouldn't restart. Had it once before. leave it 20 mins or so and it's OK (heat related problem...). Then it ran fine for 200 very fast miles to Frankfurt. Went out later for a quick trip round the sights, got there OK but on the return leg the car wouldn't go more than about 3 miles then cut out. It wsas a late night (03:30).

It's in an Opel dealer now, suspected crankshaft sensor thingy, part on order, to be fitted tomorrow. Hope they are right, otherwise it could be a very slow trip back to Calais on Wed...  Undecided

Apart from the mist (or was it fog?) I enjoyed Spa. Oh, and forgetting my jacket so having to buy one in Carrefour. And the additional £35 Seafrance charfged me for wanting to get an earlier ferry...and, of course, the motor...
Robbo SPS
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Go Your Own Way

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2005, 06:45:27 pm »

Well, never been to SPA, and i have missed out.

Wow. What a place, fog or not. No wonder the drivers love this one. My GA ticket gave me and Rich ( CHef ) entry in to everywhere. We were at the RML pits when they dropped the car and generally saw as much as possible.

Managed to get a press only location by looking very proffesional with ou camera's and generally loved it.

The place we stayed in and ate on Saturday night was ace, and thats all doen to a Belgian MG owner and the power of the internet.

Enjoyed a few beers wuith Smokie, and then a few more later in the pub with the Dutch " We are the champions"  Grin

Parked up, and Rich UK left his motor near mine - TOP REG PLATE.

Only slight annoying time was the SeaFrance action at Calais, so driving like a bat out of hell to get an earlier ferry didnt really work.

Work at 0700 this morning was tough though.

Will be going again, regardless if foggy or not.

Piccies will be on the SPS site soon.

Take life by the horns and live it.
RichUK
CA Veteran

KK

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2005, 07:58:02 pm »

Woo hoo, spotted in Spa Smiley

We were suprised by the number of UK cars there, considering that three of the cars that came with us didn't make it out of the hotel car park that day!

I've come to believe that Le Mans is the centre of the universe.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: